Padded Room/Locker Room

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Padded Room/Locker Room
MMAcca
11/22/08 10:48:13AM
What's the difference really?

I mean they both contain similar subject matter and plenty of questionable content.

I was just thinking it might clean up the board a bit if they were merged into one.

Thoughts........?
Rush
11/22/08 11:10:28AM
The difference I thought was that the language filters are turned off in the padded room. However, I have never formally tested this because I know how to circumvent the filters anyways.

The padded room can only be seen by members that are logged in too.

As for the content difference, I don't know. I would be happy with the two being merged. Not much is posted in the padded room lately anyways.
postman
11/22/08 11:46:20AM
I always felt the locker room was more for talk about other sports or polatics things like that now the padded room would be where you can find the link to 2 gilrs one cup or the bne pain olymipcs.
Kracker_Jap
11/22/08 12:38:15PM
There used to be a difference.....

About 6 months ago... Those days are now behind us
casey64
11/22/08 12:59:11PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

There used to be a difference.....

About 6 months ago... Those days are now behind us

Yup.
DCRage
11/22/08 1:12:01PM

Posted by postman

I always felt the locker room was more for talk about other sports or polatics things like that now the padded room would be where you can find the link to 2 gilrs one cup or the bne pain olymipcs.

The Locker Room is the general off-topic forum, where you can talk about almost anything that's not MMA. The Padded Room is much the same but with slightly relaxed rules-that being said, it's still not a "no rules" area.
Jackelope
11/22/08 4:43:37PM
I'll try to clean up the locker room/padded room situation by moving threads. You guys are right, it has gotten a little out of control. So many posts get made in both that it's hard to keep on top of.

Also- don't get mad if you post in the wrong forum and it gets moved without me letting you know I'd imagine I'll be very busy lol
Shawn91111
11/22/08 7:16:48PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by postman

The Locker Room is the general off-topic forum, where you can talk about almost anything that's not MMA. The Padded Room is much the same but with slightly relaxed rules-that being said, it's still not a "no rules" area.

So basically there is no difference
Jackelope
11/22/08 7:20:49PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

Posted by postman

Well it specifically says under the forums

Locker room- The Locker Room is place to keep all your general off-topic chit-chat.

Padded Room- Forum code of conduct rules still apply here... just not as strictly. Anything semi-questionable that might not make it in The Locker Room can be posted here. Good-natured competitive trash talk, topics that are absurd ("can CC KO a horse?"), or topics placed in the wrong forum will also be moved here. This forum is only visible if you are logged in.

So it's kind of self explanatory
Shawn91111
11/22/08 7:53:17PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

Posted by postman

Locker room- The Locker Room is place to keep all your general off-topic chit-chat.

Padded Room- Forum code of conduct rules still apply here... just not as strictly. Anything semi-questionable that might not make it in The Locker Room can be posted here. Good-natured competitive trash talk, topics that are absurd ("can CC KO a horse?"), or topics placed in the wrong forum will also be moved here. This forum is only visible if you are logged in.

It seems almost all trash talk has been deleted even when it was put into the Padded Room, and looking into the Padded Room now most of the things on the present page could go into the Locker Room, so really it looks to be no different between the two rooms.
Jackelope
11/22/08 8:17:49PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

Posted by postman

It seems almost all trash talk has been deleted even when it was put into the Padded Room, and looking into the Padded Room now most of the things on the present page could go into the Locker Room, so really it looks to be no different between the two rooms.

Yeah, that's why I've been attempting to move some stuff around and clean it up. Gimme a few days for it all to get in order if I can
dannyfrank
11/22/08 8:53:16PM
here's a good example,

dead baby jokes in locker room = bad

dead baby jokes in the padded room = ok
MMAcca
11/22/08 10:53:17PM

Posted by dannyfrank

here's a good example,

dead baby jokes in locker room = bad

dead baby jokes in the padded room = ok

I've seen tamer stuff than that deleted from the padded room.

bobbydoomocculta
11/27/08 9:25:14PM
I'm confused... Do these go in the locker room or the padded room??
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
Jackelope
11/27/08 9:43:04PM
LMAO I'd go padded room with those
kris_ericson
11/28/08 8:46:56AM
funny pictues tho
Kracker_Jap
11/28/08 8:59:48PM
Apperently

Posting of any Turkeys with tan lines on ThanksGiving will not be tolerated...

Why don't ask me????

But I got a written warning for it

What ever, I disagree but that will be the last turkey picture I ever post

Probably one of the last times I post in either of those 2 rooms until things lighten up around here
cmb19932
11/28/08 9:16:19PM
things are a little to i dont wanna sound like im upset but nazi like round here im jk it a great site and part of that is keeping it clean however somtimes things are a little over done
bobbydoomocculta
11/29/08 12:05:18AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Apperently

Why don't ask me????

Probably one of the last times I post in either of those 2 rooms until things lighten up around here

The title of the thread wasn't something along the lines of "NOW THAT THE HAS THE BANNED MEMBERS THREAD BEEN BANNED THREAD HAS JUST BEEN LOCKED THREAD..." Cos that might've been your problem...
higdon10
11/29/08 12:17:51AM

Posted by cmb19932
it a great site and part of that is keeping it clean however somtimes things are a little over done

Things have really tightened up latley. But I still love the Playground. Tanline Turkey bans or not.
cmb19932
11/29/08 12:34:02AM
sorry ur thread got basted but the playgrounds my home and i never wanna get bannedplayground
MMAcca
11/29/08 3:08:28PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Apperently

Why don't ask me????

Are you serious ?
Kracker_Jap
11/29/08 3:50:54PM
Yes I'm not going to post it again but yes
ncordless
11/29/08 10:59:25PM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Apperently

Why don't ask me????

The title of the thread wasn't something along the lines of "NOW THAT THE HAS THE BANNED MEMBERS THREAD BEEN BANNED THREAD HAS JUST BEEN LOCKED THREAD..." Cos that might've been your problem...

Was the banned members thread banned thread banned?
kris_ericson
11/30/08 1:19:24AM

your words discombobulate me
lochie
11/30/08 3:54:23AM
theres not much deference basically