Does Pacquiao stand a chance against De La Hoya?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Does Pacquiao stand a chance against De La Hoya?
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/20/08 5:32:05PM
Pac's trainer Freddie Roach says he'll be giving up 15 lbs the day of the fight, but it wont matter.
Skeptics like me, think Oscar is getting the sweetest end of a huge mismatch.
Ive enver liked De La Hoya, & i love Pacquiao so im biased some, but if it was a playground pick, i'd ahve to say the Golden Boy wins via late rd tko
Link
george112
10/20/08 5:37:58PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Pac's trainer Freddie Roach says he'll be giving up 15 lbs the day of the fight, but it wont matter.
Ive enver liked De La Hoya, & i love Pacquiao so im biased some, but if it was a playground pick, i'd ahve to say the Golden Boy wins via late rd tko
Link

although i think pacqiao's speed should help a lil
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/20/08 5:41:30PM

Posted by george112

Link

dont get me wrong, he's gonna be much faster
but he's been KOed by guys who weighed around 120 before, & although oscar is older, he's still got power manny might not have felt yet
maybe its jsut me bein nervous for manny
its gonna be a great fight
george112
10/20/08 6:07:09PM

Posted by george112

Link

dont get me wrong, he's gonna be much faster
but he's been KOed by guys who weighed around 120 before, & although oscar is older, he's still got power manny might not have felt yet
maybe its jsut me bein nervous for manny
its gonna be a great fight

True.

and yur right it is gonna be a great fight.cant wait to watch

dang man gotta spread the love
Shawn91111
10/20/08 6:20:51PM
Next to Holyfield and Jones Jr, Oscar is my favorite boxer and Id really like to see him go out with a victory.
cmb19932
10/20/08 6:56:02PM
to win delahoya must box a smart fight he has to jab and move he cant trade with pacquiao and delahoya is gonna lose cuz nowadays his jab disapeers late fight and without a jab he has no choice but to trade big blows and he will lose
seanfu
10/20/08 11:44:12PM
I have Pacquiao winning. Eat those words. Oscar's gonna be real slow after round 5.
SpinningBackfist
10/21/08 7:25:31PM
De la Hoya is washed up. The dude shouldn't even be able to fight Pacquiao.

De la Hoya will probably win just cause of sheer size. Its not really fair having the golden boy fight a little flip. Sure Pacquiao has extremely heavy hands for his division but he's half the size of de la hoya. If the pacman wins it just proves how good he is. Who cares if De La Hoya wins, its no accomplisment, thats like having a Fullback truck through a Cornerback. Size matters. Pac is a heavy hitter so he'll probably try to trade with de la hoya which won't end well.

Hoping the pacman pulls the win though.
misses1112
10/22/08 12:30:47AM
I'm rooting for Pac Man!!
Pookie
10/22/08 12:47:18AM
Its going to be interesting to see the strategies both fighters employ... Dela Hoya has always had trouble fighting faster punchers(Mosley, Hopkins, Mayweather).