Pacman gets robbed

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Pacman gets robbed
Next Page »
ChrisSabal
6/10/12 1:11:56AM
thoughts? I didn't see the fight but I see all the reactions so I figured I'd start this thread
spang714
6/10/12 1:13:20AM
Absolute fucking heist!!! Fuck Bob Arum!!!!
FastKnockout
6/10/12 1:20:40AM
Bullshit decision IMO. Hate to see it happen to the guy.
hashyandy4
6/10/12 1:28:33AM
Really Bad, Glad i just watched it on my computer. Pacman got Robbed
grappler0000
6/10/12 1:29:08AM
Someone tripled or quadrupled their money.
jakewalters
6/10/12 1:34:09AM
My Twitter feed when it was announced..

FastKnockout
6/10/12 1:40:07AM
That's what happens when you cruise rounds, though.
george112
6/10/12 1:41:05AM

Posted by grappler0000

Someone tripled or quadrupled their money.

Big time
jakewalters
6/10/12 1:42:02AM

Posted by FastKnockout

most relevant quote i've seen all night.
cowcatcher
6/10/12 1:48:45AM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd say it's more likely that that's what happens when a dirtbag with power like Bob Arum thinks he might lose you from his stable of fighters because your contract with him is about up.

There was a payoff and Arum orchestrated it. Fucking travesty.
FlashyG
6/10/12 1:50:34AM
Arum seemed pretty pissed with the decision too.

Still I don't like fights where both fighters are managed by the same guy.
george112
6/10/12 1:51:47AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd say it's more likely that that's what happens when a dirtbag with power like Bob Arum thinks he might lose you from his stable of fighters because your contract with him is about up.

There was a payoff and Arum orchestrated it. Fucking travesty.

And boom goes the dynamite
Poor_Franklin
6/10/12 1:59:32AM
cruising rounds or not, worst decision i recall seeing in a boxing match.

if you havent seen it, i would challenge you to watch it & tell me how bradley won the fight.

he himself didnt even think he won
cowcatcher
6/10/12 2:01:16AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

cruising rounds or not, worst decision i recall seeing in a boxing match.

if you havent seen it, i would challenge you to watch it & tell me how bradley won the fight.

he himself didnt even think he won

We had the sound down so we didn't even hear the biased commentating that always goes on in a fight and it was clear as day that Manny won. What really pisses me off is that I didn't end up dropping any money on Bradley after some deliberation.
cowcatcher
6/10/12 2:11:07AM
Tangent time.

For all the people that have gotten pissed about the UFC being a "monopoly" in the past, take one look at tonight's boxing match and be glad that one organization is holding most of the figurative cards in MMA. If the UFC wasn't as strong as it is, and co-promoting was happening all over the place, a lot of the ugly shit that goes down in boxing would happen in MMA. Too many hands in the cookie jar, with too many people trying to make a buck more than the next guy leads to that shitty thing called human nature kicking in and people corrupting what should be a good thing.

/end rant

/begin next beer
grappler0000
6/10/12 4:30:37AM
So, I wonder if Kizer still tries to claim there are no issues with the competency of the commission.
Pookie
6/10/12 4:52:43AM
I thought Bradley could have won 4 rounds.

I wonder which rounds they gave pacquiao if it was only 5. 8-9 of those rounds looked exactly the same.
cowcatcher
6/10/12 5:16:52AM

Posted by Pookie

I thought Bradley could have won 4 rounds.

I wonder which rounds they gave pacquiao if it was only 5. 8-9 of those rounds looked exactly the same.

Yeah they did look the same, and in every one of them(except maybe 2) PacMan landed the only punches of consequence. My buddy suggested that they probably gave a lot of credit to the shitty body shots that Bradley landed when they were clinched, but WTF did those even do? Only one guy was able to hurt the other throughout the fight, and that same guy landed about 100 punches more than the other and with greater accuracy. There is no argument that I can see anyone making for Bradley other than his mom who has to love and believe in him no matter what. I'm filled with anger.

"This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch," Arum said.

That's all I need to hear to know that this was an Arum payoff. He knows he can'T make Floyd fight Pacman, so then next best thing, and biggest money maker he can make is to put Pacman against the guy that beat him for the first time in 7 years or whatever it's been. Not hard to smell this one out at all. Fuck boxing. +1 for the drunk detective.
cowcatcher
6/10/12 5:20:39AM
This is easier than busting out KFM for his bullshit.
Kpro
6/10/12 8:19:36AM
Mayweather won't play normal ball so Arum went ahead and created a possible big-money-making rematch between 2 of his own fighters in Pacquiao/Bradley II. I wonder how much that cost him and whose hands are dirty aside from the ones with the pencils in them.
sparky
6/10/12 10:16:03AM
Pacman clearly won this is the exact reason I stopped watching Boxing
grappler0000
6/10/12 11:34:58AM

Posted by Kpro

Mayweather won't play normal ball so Arum went ahead and created a possible big-money-making rematch between 2 of his own fighters in Pacquiao/Bradley II. I wonder how much that cost him and whose hands are dirty aside from the ones with the pencils in them.

That makes perfect sense.

Chael_Sonnen
6/10/12 12:05:42PM
Bradley CLEARLY WON! - - - and will win the rematch.

Great decision
Kpro
6/10/12 12:11:13PM
Kpro
6/10/12 12:34:11PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Kpro

That makes perfect sense.

Talk about perfect timing to make a quote to fit what everyone assumes:

"I've never been as ashamed of the sport of boxing as I am tonight..... I'll make a lot of money off the rematch, but this was outrageous," -Bob Arum
BuffaloDave
6/10/12 4:39:02PM
I know one person who was smiling after last night besides anyone who had money on Bradley, that would be Marquez!!

I definitely think Manny won that fight, but now after his last two performances, I'm starting to doubt that he would beat Mayweather. In reality, they won't ever fight, so it doesn't really matter anyways.
KungFuMaster
6/10/12 4:48:20PM
It's pretty much why many folks including myself do not watch boxing anymore.
Kpro
6/10/12 5:18:29PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

It's pretty much why many folks including myself do not watch boxing anymore.

Doesn't make it hurt less, knowing there are things they could do. I grew up watching boxing with my pops and since I jumped on the MMA train in the late 90's I've stuck with boxing and it's extremely rarely rewarded me back.
Franklinfan47
6/10/12 5:31:15PM
This may be the death blow to the already diseased sport of boxing. Its a dam shame.
george112
6/10/12 5:31:28PM
If I were Pacman id quit the sport all together.

Or atleast quit fighting in the states. There is no honor in boxing like there use to be. People started figuring out a lot of money could be made by doing exactly what happened last night

It's a travesty what happened to Pacman . That loss will be there forever. I can only imagine how he feels. Like I said id wash my hands of the sport there is no honesty in judges or promoters or managers. They are in it for themselves and always will be. Money is what makes the world go round
Pages: [1] 2