Can you get a 10 Pack

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Can you get a 10 Pack
hotrodttt
5/18/08 12:06:49AM
So right now I've been working on Core Strength and I've been working on my Abs a lot and can't seem to get a 10 Pack. I have 8 Right now but I can;t seem to get 10.

Any Workouts/ Suggestions
Jackelope
5/18/08 3:03:28AM
Everyone has at least 6 pack abs, it's just a matter of whether or not they can watch their diet enough to let them show through.

There's only actually 6 abs, but the length of your lower abdominals makes it look like there can be 8. As for 10, I assume you're talking about your obliques? Obviously twisting exercises help with your obliques a lot, but really for abs the number one thing is watching your diet.

You may want to also try building your hip flexor muscles and the surrounding muscle groups in general.
hotrodttt
5/18/08 3:25:35AM

Posted by Jackelope

Everyone has at least 6 pack abs, it's just a matter of whether or not they can watch their diet enough to let them show through.

There's only actually 6 abs, but the length of your lower abdominals makes it look like there can be 8. As for 10, I assume you're talking about your obliques? Obviously twisting exercises help with your obliques a lot, but really for abs the number one thing is watching your diet.

You may want to also try building your hip flexor muscles and the surrounding muscle groups in general.

Yeah my Diet is Great and my Abs are bulging out, so I'll do twists and work the obliques
Kracker_Jap
5/20/08 11:38:12AM
For Obliques.....

Hanging knee raises, with a twist left then right off of the pull up bars without swinging

Side benders, off of roman chair set at 45angle

Standing twist, broom handle or pole behind neck feet shoulder with apart slow controled twist left to right.... For more difficulty, sit down on decline sit up board same movement

IMO I like no weight and use high reps and sets 3 times a week for abs & obliques

the reason I don't prefer weight is I believe the core is not a part of the body that looks great with pounds of muscle added to it i.e. Frank Zane or bodyduilders of the past compared to jay Cutler or body builders of the now
Rush
5/22/08 9:51:23PM
I just don't have the genes for a ripped abs. Best I can get is a six pack and I have to work hard for those to show. My stomach is the first place I gain fat and the last place I lose it.
Jackelope
5/22/08 10:27:03PM

Posted by Rush

I just don't have the genes for a ripped abs. Best I can get is a six pack and I have to work hard for those to show. My stomach is the first place I gain fat and the last place I lose it.

That's another good point..

Certain things have a lot to deal with whether or not a 10pack would even show up. Not the least of which includes genetics and posture
Rush
5/22/08 11:08:13PM

Posted by Jackelope

Certain things have a lot to deal with whether or not a 10pack would even show up. Not the least of which includes genetics and posture

For sure. There are guys at the gym that are in worse shape than I am and probably a higher body fat level too, but some how they have abs showing. I mean, look at Chuck Liddell or BJ.

Even GSP had a bit of a ponch when I met him.

I can feel my ab definition under my skin and fat, so I know I have the muscles. However, I have to admit it gets me down sometimes if I want a nice beach body and don't have one.
mkiv9secsupra
5/23/08 6:02:03PM

Posted by Rush
I can feel my ab definition under my skin and fat, so I know I have the muscles. However, I have to admit it gets me down sometimes if I want a nice beach body and don't have one.

AKA: the Fedor Emelianenko complex. I can do all the aerobic and fat burning excercises i want but it seems to only affect my arms and legs. MY mid section allways appears to be "soft" even after a couple years of training! But i have also never used supplements. Would certain ones help at all?
The-Don
5/23/08 8:20:03PM
yea I have kind of the smae thing going.. I have dopped about 30 pounds getting my big ass out of the Super Heavies, my arms and legs are looking good.. my chest decent.. but I still have a gut.. granted I am sure I need to improve my cardio which is what I am trying to do as of late... But what I think I really need is a trainer to help push me... I always seem to be able to do more when I have someone standing over me telling me I have to...
Rush
5/23/08 9:31:36PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

AKA: the Fedor Emelianenko complex. I can do all the aerobic and fat burning excercises i want but it seems to only affect my arms and legs. MY mid section allways appears to be "soft" even after a couple years of training! But i have also never used supplements. Would certain ones help at all?

I don't know about supplements. If you saw my family you too would be convinced it is a genetics thing.

Maybe my problem is I don't have enough muscle to burn the fat faster, but then again, I am by no means considered a small guy.
Kracker_Jap
5/23/08 10:43:09PM
Everyone can have abs with the right diet, some people just have to try harder and somtimes its not worth it.....

I love food
Rush
5/23/08 11:35:13PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Everyone can have abs with the right diet, some people just have to try harder and somtimes its not worth it.....

I love food

I love food too, but some times the "right diet" for abs is really not a good diet.
SmileR
5/24/08 9:32:38AM
I know this is going to sound gay, but please stick with me. Theirs a article in Mens Health about Ryan Reynolds and how he transformed his body from a skinny guy to how he looks today.
It goes into a hell of a lot of detail about getting the abs to show through and what sort of stuff he does to keep his stomach the way it is.
I know he uses a lot of boxing training (i.e Medicine ball, sit ups with belly shots and skipping) and it had a great diet plan accompanying it.
I'm no where near as clued up as most of the people posting in here but I'll have a dig around and try to find a link to it. One or two of the guys from my gym use it and they bulked up an toned in like 2 or 3 months.
The medicine ball got me my belly and I haven't had no complaints from my girl, but its not a 10 pack I myself am to lazy to follow it properly but I know its worked really well with everyone who has.

I hope its of use.

Edit: links:

Diet plan

Edit: Its not the workout plan from the mag we've got but its pretty close...sorry

Work out