Pacific Rim

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Pacific Rim
ChrisSabal
12/12/12 10:14:32PM
Trailers

Been waiting for the trailer for quite some time now. Del Toro's next movie and it looks pretty good.
SmileR
12/12/12 10:57:25PM
I'm not going to lie, man. That film looks terrible. . . Truly, truly terrible.
jae_1833
12/12/12 11:46:06PM
Looks like a movie for netflix when my kid has his buddy spend the night.
tcunningham
12/12/12 11:57:41PM
i couldnt remember who Ron Perlman was so i googled him...... he was Harry from Harry and the Hendersons?!!! i'm officially a fan of ron perlman. however, i will still not be seeing this movie.
prozacnation1978
12/13/12 12:15:03AM
Gonna see it. Del Toro rules

Loved the hell boy films
Pans labyrinth

It must be good cause the studio all ready green lit the sequel to the movie
george112
12/13/12 9:17:58PM
Savages was BADASS
prophecy033
12/13/12 10:14:27PM

Posted by tcunningham

i couldnt remember who Ron Perlman was so i googled him...... he was Harry from Harry and the Hendersons?!!! i'm officially a fan of ron perlman. however, i will still not be seeing this movie.

He was also Hell Boy
prophecy033
12/13/12 10:19:54PM
It didn't look too bad. There are a lot worse movies that people like than that.

I like Sci-Fi flicks so I'll be watching
jakewalters
12/14/12 2:24:55AM
jay98107
12/14/12 4:47:19AM
Motherfucking Charlie Day is in it. I assume this will sway all of you to see it in theaters.
jjeans
12/14/12 6:55:15AM
Hahaha that looked awful! Truly awful!

"today were cancelling the apocalypse" what?! LOL

This is such a stereotypical bullshit film it's unreal. The countless number of marketing values they've installed is unreal

Let me tell you how I think this film might go down so you can spend your money on something more beneficially

We see the life of some main character who seems happy with his life and he's probably single, now I don't know the details but he meets a girl at some stage she might be related to this army operation thing or she might be a civilian but at the end hold onto your hats cause there gonna kissy kissy when the worlds safe. So anyway these monsters spawn from the earth and in the trailer it shows a police car on a bride wanna know why cause subconsciously you think these guys to be powerful so to see them rendered powerless in your mind your think "fuck". The monsters reign Havoc but some guys plan is to build machines to beat them and somehow there created quickly, not like most NASA builds ever are done quickly. So these robots are built, we get some scenes whereby the drivers are training. There fucking training with a chick who looks Asian, do I need to explain the martial art Asian stereotype... Seems like there fighting with wood... Ill go with that for now.
So the machines are built they go to fight the monsters, they win the first round. So the monsters retreat but now they come back bigger stronger or maybe more of them, inevitably they win round 2 and this is the time for heroic speeches or heroic moments as they need all the encouragement they can get. They go off to fight again and boom we get our prop or technique from earlier (wooden stick maybe a metal pylon or something and they beat the monsters. The whole crowd goes nuts and is like. Fuck yeah we're America we can't be beat. And he gets the girl kissy kissy scene and your left feeling good about yourself but you've paid to watch the good guys win like you have done 100,000 times

I'm probably not right on the details but the main themes will be similar.

DancingDoll
12/14/12 10:36:49AM
lol. That looks like *such* a guy movie.

I actually don't mind apocalypse movies, but not into the heavy robot/machine/transformers battle type stuff.

Me, I'll be counting down the days til Les Miz. Now that's a movie worth seeing!
cowcatcher
12/14/12 10:44:14AM

Posted by DancingDoll

Me, I'll be counting down the days til Les Miz. Now that's a movie worth seeing!

Exactly what I was thinking.
jay98107
12/14/12 2:08:55PM

Posted by DancingDoll

I actually don't mind apocalypse movies, but not into the heavy robot/machine/transformers battle type stuff.

They're going to turn every significant play and piece of literature into a movie by the time I'm dead. For Christ's sake Kristin Stewart is going to be in the film adaptation of "On The Road"
ChrisSabal
12/14/12 3:13:54PM
I think a lot of people are really down playing Del Toro.
DancingDoll
12/14/12 3:49:06PM

Posted by jay98107
They're going to turn every significant play and piece of literature into a movie by the time I'm dead. For Christ's sake Kristin Stewart is going to be in the film adaptation of "On The Road"

Yeah, but this adaptation has been in the making (development) for over ten years and has already been nominated and/or won over 72 film related awards and it hasn't even hit the mainstream yet. This is definitely the exception.

PS. Sorry to have threadjacked the Pacific Rim thread with my Les Miz excitement.
warglory
12/14/12 5:58:23PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by DancingDoll

They already turned it into a movie with Liam Neeson, which was awful. This is more of a true adaptation of the musical, which I am also looking forward to.