George St. Pierre 29% (12)
SmileR
5/8/08 6:40:30PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Ben_Hutch

"and if Fedor beats Timmay, he goes to #1 "

Obviously not!

So by beating a guy who isn't in the top 10, fedor automaticly goes to first? Right.......

top 5

Agreed.

I think he means Tims a top 5 HW
Pookie
5/8/08 6:42:20PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Obviously not!

So by beating a guy who isn't in the top 10, fedor automaticly goes to first? Right.......

top 5

Agreed.

Agreed.
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 6:42:22PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Obviously not!

top 5

Agreed.

I'm getting confused now because when people say top 10/5 i dont know whether they mean P4P HW or P4P in all weightclasses.

Timmy is deffinately one of the top 5 P4P hw's in the world.
SmileR
5/8/08 7:04:36PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I'm getting confused now because when people say top 10/5 i dont know whether they mean P4P HW or P4P in all weightclasses.

P4P means all weight classes.
Everyone is talking about Tim being a top 5 HW, I defiantly wouldn't rank him in my top ten P4P fighters.

Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 7:05:59PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Ben_Hutch

P4P means all weight classes.
Everyone is talking about Tim being a top 5 HW, I defiantly wouldn't rank him in my top ten P4P fighters.

That's what i was trying to say earlier lol.
Pitbull09
5/8/08 10:46:06PM
I think all thats being said is Tim is a top ten heavyweight (arguably top 5) but not in the top p4p rankings. All this says is Heavyweights are considered the best for now. We use to have Mirko and Nog and maybe even Barnett and Couture on P4P. Right now though, Fedor really has no top HW's to fight to show he is the best in the division. Kinda like Andersons problem.

In all I think Fedor worked well though as he fought guys from different weights like Lindland.

I knew this thread would do well
rabbit915
5/8/08 10:52:38PM
You dont think Fedor still has HWs left to fight? There are a slew of guys of in the UFC that will definately help his P4P ranking. Sylvia is a good start.
Pookie
5/8/08 10:55:27PM

Posted by rabbit915

You dont think Fedor still has HWs left to fight? There are a slew of guys of in the UFC that will definately help his P4P ranking. Sylvia is a good start.

I would say the only fights that will help improve his legacy are

Sylvia
Arlovski
Couture
Barnett

and luckily none of these guys are in the ufc anymore
rabbit915
5/9/08 12:31:32AM
I meant guys that were in the UFC when he was in Pride that he never had a chance to fight particularly Arlovski, Sylvia and Couture. I dont know how i forgot about Barnett but I would put that one up with those three as well.
Jackelope
5/9/08 12:38:29AM
If Fedor managed to run through Barnett, Couture, Arlovski, and Sylvia then there would be absolutely 0 doubt in my mind that he is the greatest p4p fighter of all time. It would take at least 10 or 20 more years for somebody to match those credentials. The only person that might be on that track that I can think of right now is Machida, or maybe if a lighter weight fighter moved up and dominated weight classes above him.
MMA
5/9/08 11:02:47AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by rabbit915

I would say the only fights that will help improve his legacy are

Sylvia
Arlovski
Couture
Barnett

and luckily none of these guys are in the ufc anymore

You forgot Werdum ... and maybe a very game Sergei. Man, like Sergei looked damn awesome in the earlier PRIDE, don't know what's happened to him since.
gskyprodigy
5/9/08 8:17:25PM
....take out GSP, put in BJ....

....some ppl don't understand why put BJ in this?.......ok.....he came off a hiatus.....and lost to GSP....but really....was that a loss? or some random ppl scoring #'s....? I mean, BJ BEAT DOWN GSP in that fight....look at GSP's face after that fight......BJ PENN WON THAT fight, but lost kuz GSP took BJ Penn down kuz he couldn't handle his standup....

Really, this misconception of the guy on top is winning the fight should be changed!

After getting KO'd by Serra, GSP has gone gun shy....as in he is afraid of standing with any1 ever!.....I respect GSP, but he aint in P4P top 3 IMO.

If BJ fought GSP again....I think BJ would win.........
Pages: 1 [2]