p4p best UFC Strikers?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » p4p best UFC Strikers?
POLL: Best p4p strikers UFC Strikers?
Chuck 0% (0)
Cro Cop 44% (4)
Anderson silva 44% (4)
GSP 11% (1)
Melvin Guillard 0% (0)
Tim Sylvia 0% (0)
shackle
2/21/07 2:30:23PM
or what do you think...

Just a few of fighters known for striking.
MMA
2/21/07 2:39:17PM
I would replace Sylvia with Arlovski. I think Arlovski is more technical and more explosive than Sylvia. Yes, I know Sylvia beat Arlovski, but I still think Arlovski is the better striker (not fighter).

Penn should be up there instead of St. Pierre since he pummeled St. Pierre in the stand-up aspects of their fight. I agree with the rest of the list, Silva is probably the best overall striker in the UFC while Liddell may be the hardest hitting striking.

Cro Cop, well, he is Cro Cop. What more can I say?

Edit: I forgot about Vera ... but he is probably leaving the UFC.
shackle
2/21/07 2:48:40PM
Not gassing out is part of being a effective striker in my book...

Yeah I agree. I think A. silva is the most technical out of them all.

But I voted cro cop Just cause he uses one of the most effective tools in his striking the best :)

Kicks can produce more damage if used right. At least more power in most cases.

Posted by MMA

I would replace Sylvia with Arlovski. I think Arlovski is more technical and more explosive than Sylvia. Yes, I know Sylvia beat Arlovski, but I still think Arlovski is the better striker (not fighter).

Penn should be up there instead of St. Pierre since he pummeled St. Pierre in the stand-up aspects of their fight. I agree with the rest of the list, Silva is probably the best overall striker in the UFC while Liddell may be the hardest hitting striking.

Cro Cop, well, he is Cro Cop. What more can I say?

Edit: I forgot about Vera ... but he is probably leaving the UFC.

Trapt1nw0nder
2/21/07 2:50:20PM
For sure Anderson Silva.....sure crocop may be more powerful but Anderson have it all...punches,kicks,knees,elbows

CroCop is more just punches and kicks
DirtySouthBoss
2/21/07 4:14:25PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

For sure Anderson Silva.....sure crocop may be more powerful but Anderson have it all...punches,kicks,knees,elbows

CroCop is more just punches and kicks

Agreed, but he might do the latter better than anyone else. I would like to see him incorporate alot more knees because he has a pretty good clinch.
hippysmacker
2/21/07 4:19:39PM
YEP . A. Silva, best footwork IMO also. Could work on his takedown defense a little though. I read both knees were injured for the Lutter fight, which contributed to his takedown defense. I don'tknow if it's true though.
hathcock32
2/21/07 4:26:06PM
IMO GSP has got it all..