Ozzy Osbourne to perform at "Affliction: Day of Reckoning

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ozzy Osbourne to perform at "Affliction: Day of Reckoning
SmileR
8/20/08 1:41:46PM
Heavy metal legend and former Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne will perform at Affliction Entertainment's upcoming October event.

"Affliction: Day of Reckoning" takes place Oct. 11 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. A heavyweight bout between Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett headlines the event.

Osbourne had been rumored as a possible performer at Affliction's debut event in May, but Megadeth was instead booked for the gig.

During that May 31 event in Aneheim, Calif., Megadeth performed during spots throughout the show, which included a set to lead off the pay-per-view portion of the broadcast. While the performance received mixed reviews with the at-home audience, the concert was a hit with the in-arena crowd.

Osbourne is one of many musicians under contract to Affliction Clothing. The recent reality-TV star has won multiple Grammy awards while selling nearly 100 million albums -- with hits such as "Crazy Train," "Mama, I'm Coming Home" and "Mr. Crowley" -- throughout his four-decade career.

Link
ohiostate1016
8/20/08 1:45:50PM
Megadeth was terrible. But believe it or not, Ozzy could be worse. Good thing I'm not just paying for the music...
Naturaldisaster
8/20/08 1:49:04PM
see this is what pisses me off. if i pay for a mma ppv I want to see mma. I dont want to see suckass bands like megadeath perform (I hate heavy metal or screaming rock or anything like that. I think its stupid). Ozzy is good but I want mma not music.
Khaos
8/20/08 1:52:26PM
It's very unnessecery to the PPV, and I WILL watch something else while he performs, if they really wanted to "whoa" me, they'd book a better act, I'm paying $40 some dollars for MMA, not Ozzy Ozbourne.
Rush
8/20/08 2:22:44PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Megadeth was terrible. But believe it or not, Ozzy could be worse.

I believe it. His rendition of take me out to the ball game was ghastly.
cowcatcher
8/20/08 3:00:05PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by ohiostate1016

Megadeth was terrible. But believe it or not, Ozzy could be worse.

I believe it. His rendition of take me out to the ball game was ghastly.

you just dont know whats good
Ordep
8/20/08 3:16:43PM

All of you that are arguing about paying for MMA are pointless because is not like it will take out Broadcast Time, you still get to see the fights, just change the channel as I will and as I did during their first event.
Rush
8/20/08 3:18:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

you just dont know whats good

Don't get me wrong. I laughed my ass off, but then again, I also laugh my ass off when a good fart is let out. Interpret that however you like.
Rush
8/20/08 3:20:28PM

Posted by Ordep

All of you that are arguing about paying for MMA are pointless because is not like it will take out Broadcast Time, you still get to see the fights, just change the channel as I will and as I did during their first event.

I think their point is that maybe people would prefer they take the money being paid to Ozzy or Megadeath and give it to a couple fighters and have an extra fight on the card (or two).
mrsmiley
8/20/08 3:24:56PM
He was suppose to play at Banned as well,so I'm really not sure whether he will or not.
ncordless
8/20/08 4:19:06PM
Please God, make the 80's heavy metal bands on MMA PPV cards go away.

What's next? For Affliction 3 are they going to bring in Skid Row?
mrsmiley
8/20/08 7:42:56PM
18 and life to go!
loller90278
8/21/08 12:41:39AM
i hate megadeth as much as the next person in the world, but i went to affliction banned and they actually pumped me up. i think they bring the bands in because A. it will be cheap because they are sponsoring them
B. it is just another extra "wow" as part of the whole show
C. it pumps people up.
DJDark41
8/21/08 2:38:13AM
I might watch, just to see Zakk Wylde play. And to all you Megadeth haters, you've all been spoiled by the era of horrible rap and wimpy rock bands.
fullerene
8/21/08 8:32:42AM
I didn't mind Megadeth as a one-time deal, but having the Monsters of Rock become part of the regular show gives the promotion the wrong feel IMO and it brings back images of the SEG-era UFC marketing itself to guys with tank tops and mullets. It's harder for a crowd like that to appreciate guys like Fedor (or Silva or Penn...). Not that the band is what sells the tickets, but I don't think a 20 year old fan of techno or rap is going to enjoy sitting through that.
breakdown5
8/21/08 8:56:24AM
I love metal and heavy music more than most, and I have seen Ozzy perform before, but I really wish that they would leave the music out of the show. I'm paying to see fights, not a concert (even if Ozzy is legend).
Ben_Hutch
8/21/08 11:43:57AM
I can't wait for this! It's going to be AMAZING!!!
casey64
8/22/08 6:42:54PM
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/22/08 8:28:05PM
Whatever, everyone should shut the f*ck up if they don't know what they're talking about . If Ozzy's there, Zakk Wylde's there, and that alone my friends makes any god damn show worth while seeing. Just look at the guy with the guitar when ozzy's on and enjoy.
Ben_Hutch
8/22/08 8:58:58PM
A year or so ago Ozzy sang live on WWE Smackdown, it looks like Affliction are going the same way........Great.
Martin-666
8/22/08 9:23:36PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

A year or so ago Ozzy sung live on WWE Smackdown, it looks like Affliction are going the same way........Great.

Yeah agreed Ozzy Can suck a dick so hard it falls off, I hate that bastard.
Ben_Hutch
8/23/08 2:05:55AM

Posted by Martin-666

Posted by Ben_Hutch

A year or so ago Ozzy sung live on WWE Smackdown, it looks like Affliction are going the same way........Great.

Yeah agreed Ozzy Can suck a dick so hard it falls off, I hate that bastard.

Not quite what I meant but at least we agree that he shouldn't be singing at an MMA event lol.
telnights
8/23/08 2:59:50AM
I thought this was a company trying to break in to MMA so whats up with the side shows BS. It just gives the hole event a WWE feel if you ask me and a waste of money that should be spent else were {say better ring setup).
DJDark41
8/23/08 2:22:08PM

Posted by Martin-666

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Yeah agreed Ozzy Can suck a **** so hard it falls off, I hate that b*****d.

INB4BAN!

Sounds like someone has some jealous issues. Are you mad that you're not considered a god by people all over the world?

And you know what I think is funny, is that if it was a band or an artist that you all liked, like L'il whatshisface or Yung whoever, you'd be going crazy and saying that its the best thing for Affliction and is a great way to draw in a crowd. But, just because you don't like it, its not a good idea.