Owens is now a BUFFALO BILL!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Owens is now a BUFFALO BILL!!!!
« Previous Page
telnights
3/10/09 5:16:10AM
Well I just want to say even being a great player you really have to think about what he does to players and managements moral. He constantly down talks coaching staffs and other players many of the ones on his own team to the media and in the locker room. He has shown many times that he cares less about the team and more about his own goals. He tells the coaching staff, players, and media how things should be because he thinks he has more understanding of football than everyone around him. Sometimes he also doesn't play his best if the play isn't designed around him. He also doesn't seam to known the meaning of good sportsmanship.

Now you add all that up and is he really a good player. As a lone athlete he is great but as a team PLAYER he is horrible. Like I said in my last post he stands for everything that is wrong in sports today. He has been from team to team causing issue that end up getting him released but yet teams still pick him.
hippysmacker
3/10/09 8:46:30AM
Posted by Shawn9111

I don't agree for the simple fact that Defensive Coordinators are trying to draw up game plans to stop TO, are they giving the same mind frame to trying to stop Berrian and a few other WR's on that list? Not to say TO wont slow down at some point being 36 but he's still dangerous enough to get the respect of opposing defenses, other WR's on that list do not. This 1 yr contract is probably enough motivation to perform at a great level to get another contract or an extension.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few maybe. Still defensive coordinators do draw up game plans to specifically stop over 70% by my guess, and some of them are some of those guys are on the same team. That doesn't mean that if a player isn't the focal point of a defensive coordinators main game plan,they are not a significant threat . The situation you are in dictates your plan on a particular play. If I am a coordinator playing the vikings, then Adrian Peterson would be the main player I would be trying to shut down on the majority of plays. However if it is 3rd and more than 7 , you are in at least a nickel( if not dime) defense ,then you have to have a plan to stop Berrian. If you played Dallas last year you know you just had to bump TO, and have a safety over the top , and it's highly unlikely he would beat you, unless your pass rush miserably failed. Then he would have enough time to build to top speed, and if Romo wasn't running for his life & could huck it as far as he ran, he could bet you deep. I think the biggest beneficiary of this whole thing is the Bills running game. You will rarely see 8/9 in the box now, except in short yardage situations.
emfleek
3/10/09 9:22:02AM
If T.O. wanted the big money, THIS was the year to get it. And you know why he didn't? Because no one would offer him guaranteed cash. Buffalo offered a 1-year guarantee...that's all he could get. He's not going to cash in next season...he's an aging and declining WR. He'll get 37/38 year old WR money next offseason and a 2 year contract.

No one is arguing that's he's not one of the all-time greats...but he's not going to save your team these days. He's going to sell tickets, make a few big catches and drop quite a few balls.
RampageOwnedYou
3/10/09 5:10:01PM
Well in response to your list.
I agree with most of them, not with #3 or Branch, thats for sure. Santana Moss is good, but not a great WR.

Its obvious, it comes down to opinion. Nobody is either right or wrong.

Maybe we need to do a football fantasy league, to see who knows their stuff, thats the way to settle this.
If your down, ill set up a CBS free league, if you want to do this, this upcoming year?
CwB
3/10/09 6:12:05PM
well the good news for buffalo is they only signed to a one year contract... so testing the water for a year is not a bad idea. TO can be looked at like a cigarette its not going to kill you right away but the longer you do it the more harm done
hippysmacker
3/10/09 6:57:50PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Well in response to your list.
I agree with most of them, not with #3 or Branch, thats for sure. Santana Moss is good, but not a great WR.

Its obvious, it comes down to opinion. Nobody is either right or wrong.

Maybe we need to do a football fantasy league, to see who knows their stuff, thats the way to settle this.
If your down, ill set up a CBS free league, if you want to do this, this upcoming year?

Your welcome to play in our fox league, but even if I won 10 years in a row, that wouldn't prove I know more about this than you. Some things are opinion based, and some things are just based on overall knowledge of a subject. There are lots of people on this site who who would outpick Randy Couture, Greg Jackson, and Fedor in the fantasy game. Do you really think that a means they know more about MMA than either? I don't. I'll tell you what the pros could do better than anyone here though. They could watch the fight tape, break it down, and tell us what people did right and wrong. As a football coach , I do the same with film , even in the off season. We just got done watching all 12 of last years game films of a new non conference team we will playing this year, and making notes. We don't play them till week 2 , so we will re watch them after the first week, and watch the new week 1 film multiple times. It will give us some idea of any new schemes & plays , and also what skills their new personnel have. Since it is the same coaching staff, they are returning a lot of seniors at key positions, we have talked to coaches of teams in their conference who confirmed their schemes stay pretty steady, and will check the local book( a inland empire high school football manual that tells you a lot about transfers and such) when it comes out, we think we should have their system down pretty well come game time. We don't even play them til September , but we watch film year round. So yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, and only time will tell about TO's outcome with Buffallo, and we have all provided what his possible pros and cons could lead to. I have watched a ton of film on him, and a fair amount this season alone( and over time) on the other receivers I listed.Their skills on the field are no mystery at all to me . I coach O-line and TE's right now , so receiving is a big part of what I teach. I break down all Dallas game films multiple times, and other games too, becuase they are either playing Dallas later in the season, or I wish to watch them in their entirety later. I just love football, and even though i am a big mma fan, it is nothing compared to my love of football. Watching film of pro games is one of the ways any coach learns, and I know a few of them who think football much faster than I . Men who will just know what the other coordinator is going to call, and out coach them all game.I hope to think in football terms as fast as them on day, but as our head coach always tell me, know your enemy is the first rule of war. He has been coaching longer than I have been alive, 40( he's 64) years this year we celebrated for him, but knowledge gained takes time . but I still have beat him in fantasy football the last 4 years, but that doesn't change the fact that his football knowledge dwarfs mine. In fact i have learned more from him than any coach i have coached with, even when i coached Juco. Anyway, 27 out of 30 receivers agreed upon ain't bad
mkiv9secsupra
3/10/09 7:49:21PM

Fantasy football isnt a full knowledge of the sport.

BUT i think we should still get that league going just for bragging rights. I like ESPNs setup better though lol. when the time comes for me to capture everyone elses league trophy ill let everyone know!!!
RampageOwnedYou
3/12/09 9:01:21PM

Anyway, 27 out of 30 receivers agreed upon ain't bad

Yep, we see eye to eye on most of them

I couldn't agree with everything else you said. Watching tape is a big thing, and only 10% of fans IF that, actually do. I am one, and its amazing the stuff you see and notice, as to what the live gameplay coverage shows.

But yeah. I agree with what you said.
tberg420
3/13/09 10:17:21AM
Good move by T.O. to increase his paycheck for next season. Personally, I think that he's a joke but this year, he will play by the rules and then next year he will land a huge multi-year deal with someone. I'm really not sure what team would sign him but the Redskins seem to always be in the market for talent who is questionable.
Pages: 1 [2]