Your "Overrated" list.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your "Overrated" list.
« Previous Page
Shawn91111
8/29/12 9:41:22PM

Posted by kopower

I like to think of The Big Bang Theory as a sitcom for smart people, kinda like Frasier. I didn't like the show at first either because of my general distaste for all things mind numbing television but Sheldon is hilarious as hell and even if you're laughing at him or you find his acumen personality witty and funny you can't help but laugh at or with him. They do so many ridiculous things as well, nerdy but mind stimulating activities and have crazy adventures while being physicists, brilliant television. And best of all it helps the scientifically illiterate.

I get a kick out of Sheldon. He plays the part so well. The four friends just work out so well together. The next door neighbor isn't bad to look at either.

Leonard gets on my nerves. Penny has a great body but her face is pretty average imo.
Aether
8/29/12 10:00:09PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kopower

I like to think of The Big Bang Theory as a sitcom for smart people, kinda like Frasier. I didn't like the show at first either because of my general distaste for all things mind numbing television but Sheldon is hilarious as hell and even if you're laughing at him or you find his acumen personality witty and funny you can't help but laugh at or with him. They do so many ridiculous things as well, nerdy but mind stimulating activities and have crazy adventures while being physicists, brilliant television. And best of all it helps the scientifically illiterate.

I get a kick out of Sheldon. He plays the part so well. The four friends just work out so well together. The next door neighbor isn't bad to look at either.

Leonard gets on my nerves. Penny has a great body but her face is pretty average imo.

I love the show, but I agree about Leonard. I dislike him strongly. I'm a physics nerd, and Leonard embodies pretty much all of the most negative traits associated with "nerds". He's a coward, tries to hide his interests from "normal" people out of embarrassment, whines all of the time, can't stand up for himself, etc.

Sheldon is awesome, and I'm a lot like him in many ways. I think Leonard is meant to be the relatable character who struggles with things that normal people struggle with, but I identify far more with Sheldon and wind up agreeing with a lot of the things that he says that are meant to be outrageous.

Hilarious
Cooler
8/29/12 10:09:57PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kopower

I love the show, but I agree about Leonard. I dislike him strongly. I'm a physics nerd, and Leonard embodies pretty much all of the most negative traits associated with "nerds". He's a coward, tries to hide his interests from "normal" people out of embarrassment, whines all of the time, can't stand up for himself, etc.

Sheldon is awesome, and I'm a lot like him in many ways. I think Leonard is meant to be the relatable character who struggles with things that normal people struggle with, but I identify far more with Sheldon and wind up agreeing with a lot of the things that he says that are meant to be outrageous.

Hilarious

Agreed on Leonard, he and Sheldon are almost opposite ends of the spectrum for Physicists. Leonard being the shy, naive and courteous one even if insulted while Sheldon is bold, boisterous and makes no qualms about himself or Science while Leonard is willing to overlook that Penny believes in Physic Readings and will even go to a "physic reading" to please her instead of just explaining to her why Physic Readers are frauds.
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/29/12 11:34:05PM
1. itunes - kopower hit on this a little in his post. You can find pretty much every song on amazon much cheaper and it syncs to your itunes.

2. Food in Chicago - I'm probably going to get shit for this, but I've been living here in Chicago for almost two years now and the food sucks. Everyone swears on the stuffed pizza (Lou Malnati's, Giordanos, etc.) and the italian beef with giardinere (what the fuck is that and how do you spell it?) People up here call me a "foodie" but I was born and raised in Louisiana where the food was great .

Note: I'm not trying to be an asshole to my fellow Chicago PGers. Chicago is a beautiful city with plenty of history and a rich sports tradition. I just don't care for any food I've had up here that I haven't made myself. I apologize if I offended anyone.

3. Saturday Night Live - Does anybody really watch it anymore?
ChrisSabal
8/30/12 12:28:19AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

1. itunes - kopower hit on this a little in his post. You can find pretty much every song on amazon much cheaper and it syncs to your itunes.

2. Food in Chicago - I'm probably going to get shit for this, but I've been living here in Chicago for almost two years now and the food sucks. Everyone swears on the stuffed pizza (Lou Malnati's, Giordanos, etc.) and the italian beef with giardinere (what the fuck is that and how do you spell it?) People up here call me a "foodie" but I was born and raised in Louisiana where the food was great .

Note: I'm not trying to be an asshole to my fellow Chicago PGers. Chicago is a beautiful city with plenty of history and a rich sports tradition. I just don't care for any food I've had up here that I haven't made myself. I apologize if I offended anyone.

3. Saturday Night Live - Does anybody really watch it anymore?

Gotta agree with you on the pizza. But then again I am not a big fan on pizza. As for italian beef, you gotta go to the right place. Love Portillo's beef and chedder crossiant sandwich.

You gotta love Chicago hot dogs though. Gene and Jude's are to die for.
jae_1833
8/30/12 1:21:39AM
Human rights groups and Animal rights groups, not a fan of hippies.
Mercy
Political leadership
Philosophy
Recycling
Psychiatry / psychiatrist
College degrees
jjeans
8/30/12 5:08:47AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by jjeans

4. Going out clubbing.
5. Music
6. SuperCars

This post is gonna lose me a lot of rep but it's my opinion

music? like ALL music?

Yeah that's sort of hard to fathom, considering I listen to music probably an average of about 18 hours a day, but I guess (like any other activity) there are actually people who don't really listen to music very much at all. Personally, music makes my life better and I couldn't imagine not listening to it every day.

My Music Stats

I signed up for this site in 2005, and didn't use it for 2 years, so this is about 5 years of use. I have almost a quarter of a million song plays. If you do an average of 3 minutes a song (which is conservative) I've spent 12055 hours listening to music or 502 days if you played it all back to back with no pauses. And this site doesn't track all of the music I've listened to on my ipod, so literally I'm listening to music almost non-stop.

Haha yeah I just don't understand people who listen to music all day or make music there life/lifestyle, maybe that's just me... I just get fed up with listening to it after 20 minutes, I'll get a song stuck in my head and play it, but then I'll struggle to keep listening... I won't lie I probably am on my own on it

It just feels to me that it's just a 4 minute song on a 60 minute album, why are you dressing like them, making there genre your lifestyle, choosing to act like them

I guess I'm crossing 2 paths, people who listen to it all day and people who choose to let it set there image, either way to me it's just 4 minutes of sound... I guess also I work as a carer when I'm at work, so I have the option to talk and engage with people, instead of doing a job which involves no communication and whereby music might be an escape from a dull day? Maybe I've over thought this though
Adrenaline
8/30/12 6:33:42AM
1: Pussy

Don't get me wrong I love women and detest penis (even my own) but I know guys that continue to wreck their lives over a piece of ass. I walk around with a constant erection on scan mode for something to stick it in but I cannot fathom why people throw away their careers, family, freedom ect for some random bearded clam.

8/30/12 7:12:12AM
my unarroused mind agrees wholeheartedly..
40ouncetofreedom
8/30/12 1:27:45PM
Sports locking out,it's us as fans getting fucked in the BHole here,We buy the jerseys,tickets $8 dollar beers,tune in on TV to watch for what ?? The owners and players to bicker over $$$, Gary Bettman this is what the 2nd maybe 3rd lockout on your watch ?? fuck outta here, you have a sport that hosts players from all over the world get your shit together homey.The NFL refs I do find hilarious though especially the dude from giants pats game last night WTF ??
emfleek
8/30/12 10:37:42PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

You gotta love Chicago hot dogs though. Gene and Jude's are to die for.

This x 10000000

Nothing beats a good Chicago dog.

Portillo's should be renamed to PortilloWNS.
emfleek
8/30/12 10:40:41PM

Posted by jae_1833

Coming from someone who works in the mental health field; you're crazy, bro. (no pun intended)

I can't buy into any argument whatsoever that supports your claim.
prozacnation1978
8/31/12 12:15:30AM
Condoms very over rated
meier
8/31/12 2:51:35AM
Air
Shawn91111
8/31/12 8:25:09AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Condoms very over rated

Disagree by the amount of mistakes people have each year or get aborted etc. Not used enough
Poor_Franklin
8/31/12 4:26:53PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Condoms very over rated

Disagree by the amount of mistakes people have each year or get aborted etc. Not used enough

the "condoms" answer is dumber than meier's emo answer of "air "
Cooler
8/31/12 9:58:44PM

Condoms very over rated

Uh huh..... and while your at it tell AIDS ridden Africa that condoms and birth control are bad like the Religious are spewing over there...

Posted by meier

Air

Haha ya, let's live like Moles underground and wear sun suits when we go outside when the environment goes to shit form lack of responsibility, or is the Earth "my dominion to do whatever I want with it"
Cooler
8/31/12 10:09:12PM

Posted by jae_1833

Mercy
Political leadership
Philosophy
Recycling
College degrees

Yeah, being a humanist sucks, human rights suck I wanna be tortured and be minimized in society..and animal activism is a waste of time when we still owe our existence to other animals but screw it!! they just eat each other and poop on the ground, vermin.. and recycling jeez why don't we just throw our stuff out the window and the bums can have it!! seriously that's the ticket I swear.. who needs to do all that when an invisible mob boss 'takes care of it' ..and who needs them fancy learnin books to get them fancy degrees, it's all the media brainwashing that you need a degree to make something of yourself when the only book you need is from the bronze age.
jae_1833
9/1/12 10:17:07PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jae_1833

Mercy
Political leadership
Philosophy
Recycling
College degrees

Yeah, being a humanist sucks, human rights suck I wanna be tortured and be minimized in society..and animal activism is a waste of time when we still owe our existence to other animals but screw it!! they just eat each other and poop on the ground, vermin.. and recycling jeez why don't we just throw our stuff out the window and the bums can have it!! seriously that's the ticket I swear.. who needs to do all that when an invisible mob boss 'takes care of it' ..and who needs them fancy learnin books to get them fancy degrees, it's all the media brainwashing that you need a degree to make something of yourself when the only book you need is from the bronze age.

I should have known that you would take anything I say to the farthest of leftist extremes.....I have actually been around the world and routinely find human rights groups accomplishing about 1/100th of what I get done....and they are there for a year, me....maybe 3 months. Degrees are way overrated nowadays, just ask anyone with a degree if they are working in the job field their degree is in, about 75% of Americans will tell you that they are not. BA, BS, Masters.....seen it all and even in my own family. $100K or so for their education....almost all of it a complete waste, and usually my High School Diploma having ass makes more than they do! Animal rights should never trump my rights, nor their right to be my food. I have no clue what book from the bronze age your mentioning but I swear to God if it's the Bible again........especially after my post mentioned nothing about religion. You are about to make it into the "People you want to punch in the face" thread.
jae_1833
9/1/12 10:23:12PM
Recycling cost more money and energy than it's worth.....landfills are better. Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" did a great episode on it....try it sometime. If you dont want your rights trampled on, dont want to be tortured by people stronger and meaner than you? Try not being a pussy! That usually helps.
Pages: 1 2 [3]