Your "Overrated" list.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your "Overrated" list.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
pmoney
8/28/12 7:40:25PM
I've got another one for my overrated list:

#4 - Hope Solo

Yeah the US Womens team won the gold in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, but she is solely responsible for losing the World Cup last year, imo. You can't have a choke job of that magnitude on your shoulders and still act like your shit doesn't stink. She needs to be humbled.
emfleek
8/28/12 7:57:28PM
Y'all are fucking high. Chipotle OWNS Qdoba.

1 - Star Wars
2 - Comic Book Movies
3 - Van Halen
emfleek
8/28/12 7:58:01PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by iwannabesedated

Seafood specificly crab cakes
Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux

Nutstain Lane is a fuck.
emfleek
8/28/12 8:00:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

3. Shakespeare - I'll expand on this one since most people are taught he's the greatest playwright ever. For one, his works were supposed to rhyme, but in a lot of cases they only sort of did if at all. I'll bitch about Romeo and Juliet here. Juliet Capulet rhymes, but Romeo Montague is just a bad attempt at a rhyme, and this is a common thing in a lot of the things he wrote. To continue on about that particular story, it's not like it was original at all. There's the Greek story Metamorphoses(Pyramus and Thisbe) and, even closer to Shakespeare's version is a story called Giuletta e Romeo, and before that one called Mariotto e Gianozza. He wasn't the original when it comes to star crossed lovers, yet that's what most people are taught and why that story is so revered. I could go on and on, but I'm not trying to get a grade here or anything, I'll just leave it at I think he's vastly overrated.

Shakespeare can eat'th a fat'th dick'th.

Hated it.

postman
8/28/12 8:04:45PM

Posted by emfleek

1 - Star Wars
2 - Comic Book Movies
3 - Van Halen

I am high at the moment.
40ouncetofreedom
8/28/12 8:17:14PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by iwannabesedated

Seafood specificly crab cakes
Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux

Nutstain Lane is a fuck.

I got food poisoning a few years ago at the beach from a seafood buffet,Haven't been a fan of buffets or seafood since.
Chael_Sonnen
8/28/12 8:17:52PM
My TOP 15

1) Jon Jones
2) Democratic Party
3) The Godfather Trilogy
4) The term "Mixed-martial-artist"
5) Star Wars
6) Star Trek
7) J.R.R. Tolkien
8) NFL
9) NBA
10) MLB
11) Karate
12) ESPN
13) Greg Jackson
14) Led Zeppelin
15) Jimi Hendrix
MALICE
8/28/12 9:43:45PM

Posted by postman

Posted by kopower

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

Qdoba>Chipotle

1000 x yes!

Is what I'm hearing true? There is a Qdoba about 15 minutes from me, but never gave them a try. I've noticed my local Chipotle skimming down on the meat, which pissed me off.

I like it. I had Chipotle twice and didn't like it. I was hesatint to try Qdoba due to my dislike of Chipotle. But when I did I was hooked. I eat it at least once a week closer to 3.

3 - Cheese Queso, Grilled Chicken, Black Beans, Salsa Roja, Sour Cream. All Day.

My list:

1) Oprah

2) 4 year degrees. (I have a four year degree and my wife has a 2 year degree, but is working on her 4 year degree. Experience and motivation are the key. She has been very successful early in her career due to her drive and determination. A 4 year degree doesn't make you any more qualified than a 2 year degree.)

3) Rousey
warglory
8/28/12 9:54:11PM
1. Video games (I understand they are a fun past time, but I can't understand how people can go ape shit over a game.)

2. Stick shifting (yeah, it's a good skill to have, but I am not going to enter a Rally any time soon, so why do I "need" a standard? I don't get people who swear by standards, and then glare at me like I'm a pussy for driving an automatic.)

3. Bob Dylan

4. Bruce Springsteen

5. Nirvana

6. Guns N Roses

warglory
8/28/12 9:56:02PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

My TOP 15

1) Jon Jones
2) Democratic Party
3) The Godfather Trilogy
5) Star Wars
6) Star Trek
7) J.R.R. Tolkien
8) NFL
9) NBA
10) MLB
11) Karate
12) ESPN
13) Greg Jackson
14) Led Zeppelin
15) Jimi Hendrix

You can't have both star wars and star trek on your list. Even if you hate both, you have to fall in the camp of one or the other, so says the law of life.
MALICE
8/28/12 10:15:28PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

My TOP 15

1) Jon Jones
2) Democratic Party
3) The Godfather Trilogy
5) Star Wars
6) Star Trek
7) J.R.R. Tolkien
8) NFL
9) NBA
10) MLB
11) Karate
12) ESPN
13) Greg Jackson
14) Led Zeppelin
15) Jimi Hendrix

You can't have both star wars and star trek on your list. Even if you hate both, you have to fall in the camp of one or the other, so says the law of life.

It's True.

Posted by warglory
4. Bruce Springsteen

5. Nirvana

6. Guns N Roses

jakewalters
8/28/12 10:45:17PM
#1 backalley101
40ouncetofreedom
8/28/12 11:23:50PM
Shit i forgot the most overrated thing of all time.

Dane Cook

Spot On
BossHog
8/29/12 12:39:45AM
1.) soda and desserts/sweets - rarely eat them, usually drink water

2.) Drinking games - never really enjoyed them as much as others seem to (i do however enjoy the actual drinking)

3.) television - don't watch much, go for weeks without watching anything. i prefer hitting the movies.
Adrenaline
8/29/12 3:56:23AM

Posted by warglory

2. Stick shifting (yeah, it's a good skill to have, but I am not going to enter a Rally any time soon, so why do I "need" a standard? I don't get people who swear by standards, and then glare at me like I'm a pussy for driving an automatic.)

You drive an automatic?? I guess it leaves one had free to hold your purse

3. Bob Dylan

4. Bruce Springsteen

5. Nirvana

6. Guns N Roses

airkerma
8/29/12 10:34:09AM
1. "Somebody that I used to know" - Gotye
2. Gluten "allergies"
3. FOX, CNN, MSNBC, HLN
Theoutlaw08
8/29/12 11:20:19AM

Posted by emfleek

1 - Star Wars
2 - Comic Book Movies
3 - Van Halen

VAN HALEN is amazing and all levels and should be rated high.

Heres my list.
1. NBA
2. Bon Jovi tied with GOTYE
3. Social Networking
4. Teen Mom
5. Realhouse Wives of Any City
6. Dorito Taco from Taco Bell
7. Pepsi
8. Nickleback
9. Kim Kardasian
10. Papa Johns Pizza
jjeans
8/29/12 11:25:53AM
4. Going out clubbing.
5. Music
6. SuperCars

This post is gonna lose me a lot of rep but it's my opinion
thevoodooninja
8/29/12 12:24:49PM
Video games, don't beat me up too bad over this one

Alcohol of any kind

Work, if I didn't have my son, I would hit that paper rout. I just have too much to risk now
infestructure
8/29/12 5:17:52PM

Posted by jjeans

4. Going out clubbing.
5. Music
6. SuperCars

I dig the first one.

Clubbing when you have a wife: meh

Poor_Franklin
8/29/12 5:26:23PM

Posted by jjeans

4. Going out clubbing.
5. Music
6. SuperCars

music? like ALL music?
Aether
8/29/12 5:53:58PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by jjeans

4. Going out clubbing.
5. Music
6. SuperCars

music? like ALL music?

Yeah that's sort of hard to fathom, considering I listen to music probably an average of about 18 hours a day, but I guess (like any other activity) there are actually people who don't really listen to music very much at all. Personally, music makes my life better and I couldn't imagine not listening to it every day.

My Music Stats

I signed up for this site in 2005, and didn't use it for 2 years, so this is about 5 years of use. I have almost a quarter of a million song plays. If you do an average of 3 minutes a song (which is conservative) I've spent 12055 hours listening to music or 502 days if you played it all back to back with no pauses. And this site doesn't track all of the music I've listened to on my ipod, so literally I'm listening to music almost non-stop.
Shawn91111
8/29/12 6:10:13PM
Not as much before my job switch but I was listening to my ipod around 10hrs a day
Franklinfan47
8/29/12 6:26:55PM
1. Religion
2. Marriage
3. Golf
kopower
8/29/12 6:32:14PM
Apple products. Unless you have had them for years, and everything is synced together. I am biased because I'm an android guy, so take it for what it's worth. Can't see spending a shit load more money on a computer, that isn't as good as a pc, spec wise. Also, ITunes songs are a $1.29, whereas Amazon's are still $0.99, and they automatically transfer to iTunes and your pc once purchased.
shaneTpain
8/29/12 6:43:47PM
Big Bang Theory

that show is not funny & it's on every channel EVERYNIGHT!!
Cooler
8/29/12 6:44:02PM
Overrated threads
Alcohol
TV and Movies
Religions
Caffeinated Drinks
Wall Street
kopower
8/29/12 8:08:46PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Big Bang Theory

I felt the same way, but somehow, with it being on 24/7, I am starting to like it. Coincidence??
Cooler
8/29/12 9:04:00PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by shaneTpain

Big Bang Theory

I felt the same way, but somehow, with it being on 24/7, I am starting to like it. Coincidence??

I like to think of The Big Bang Theory as a sitcom for smart people, kinda like Frasier. I didn't like the show at first either because of my general distaste for all things mind numbing television but Sheldon is hilarious as hell and even if you're laughing at him or you find his acumen personality witty and funny you can't help but laugh at or with him. They do so many ridiculous things as well, nerdy but mind stimulating activities and have crazy adventures while being physicists, brilliant television. And best of all it helps the scientifically illiterate.
kopower
8/29/12 9:30:20PM

I like to think of The Big Bang Theory as a sitcom for smart people, kinda like Frasier. I didn't like the show at first either because of my general distaste for all things mind numbing television but Sheldon is hilarious as hell and even if you're laughing at him or you find his acumen personality witty and funny you can't help but laugh at or with him. They do so many ridiculous things as well, nerdy but mind stimulating activities and have crazy adventures while being physicists, brilliant television. And best of all it helps the scientifically illiterate.

I get a kick out of Sheldon. He plays the part so well. The four friends just work out so well together. The next door neighbor isn't bad to look at either.
Pages: 1 [2] 3