Your "Overrated" list.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your "Overrated" list.
Next Page »
Shawn91111
8/28/12 1:51:46PM
3 things you feel are vastly overrated. Can be anything that's popular etc, gets great acclaim.

1.) Reality Shows
2.) Soccer
3.) Starbucks
george112
8/28/12 2:01:55PM
1. MLB (boring)
2. Anderson Silva
3. Twilight
gartface
8/28/12 2:10:42PM
1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Chipotle
3. Heath Ledger(awesome as the Joker, but everyone makes him out to be the greatest actor in history)
jjeans
8/28/12 2:26:42PM
1. Instagram.
2. Michael Buble
3. Actors/Actress's
pmoney
8/28/12 2:32:25PM
1- Obama
2- Any rap artist. Its all been downhill since the eighties.
3- NFL. There I fucking said it. It was fun playing HS ball, but watching is pretty boring to me now. MLB owns NFL. I'll take 162 games over 16 all day.

Edit: HUGE props to Jay for pointing out Michael Buble's overrated-ness. He's a VERY average singer, imo.
cowcatcher
8/28/12 2:37:31PM
1. Facebook
2. Lil Wayne
3. Shakespeare - I'll expand on this one since most people are taught he's the greatest playwright ever. For one, his works were supposed to rhyme, but in a lot of cases they only sort of did if at all. I'll bitch about Romeo and Juliet here. Juliet Capulet rhymes, but Romeo Montague is just a bad attempt at a rhyme, and this is a common thing in a lot of the things he wrote. To continue on about that particular story, it's not like it was original at all. There's the Greek story Metamorphoses(Pyramus and Thisbe) and, even closer to Shakespeare's version is a story called Giuletta e Romeo, and before that one called Mariotto e Gianozza. He wasn't the original when it comes to star crossed lovers, yet that's what most people are taught and why that story is so revered. I could go on and on, but I'm not trying to get a grade here or anything, I'll just leave it at I think he's vastly overrated.
Aether
8/28/12 2:53:21PM
Lady Gaga(and all of the other crap that gets half a billion views on youtube like j-lo and her shitty get on the floor garbage.)
Baseball (I would rather watch golf. Dead serious.)
Most popular movies
prophecy033
8/28/12 3:03:20PM
1. Machoism
2. Angelina Jolie
3. Adele

Honorable Mention
Skinny Jeans
Kristin Stewart
Subway
The Hunger Games
Royce Gracie- I'm gonna take heat for this but he is not an all-time great Mixed Martial Artist, he's an all-time great BJJ player, there is a difference
Poor_Franklin
8/28/12 3:04:15PM
1. Facebook
2. U2
3. Paris Hilton
State_Champ
8/28/12 3:31:53PM
Television
Grocery stores
Exclusivity

FastKnockout
8/28/12 3:37:04PM
-Dubstep
-America
-Warped Tour (in recent years)
MMAcca
8/28/12 4:09:47PM
Facebook & Dubstep were my main two, but they've already been taken so i'll go with:

1. Orange people/Fake tans (What is so great about glowing in the dark!!)
2. Kanye West (Seriously, he's an average rapper at best)
3. The Queen (She does f**k all! She couldn't even muster up a smile at the Olympic games opening ceremony.......)
infestructure
8/28/12 5:06:51PM
1. Blowjobs
2. Georges St Pierre
3. Blowjobs from Georges St Pierre

Hahah I'm kidding.

My real three are

1. Chocolate
2. Alcohol
3. GSP

Oh and i'll agree with U2 and Kanye west, and most of the above posts. But Cowcatcher, Shakespeare invented over half the words in our language, He's not overrated.

(EDIT.. Maybe not HALF the words, but a whole bunch.)
kopower
8/28/12 5:19:51PM
Hmm

Music on the radio
Reality tv
ESPN

I guess that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
cowcatcher
8/28/12 5:20:58PM
Infestructure -

I love to read, I hate reading his stuff. I've seen lists of words he's coined and I know he first said things like "all that glitters isn't gold", but I'd rather read the dictionary than about half of the things he wrote. Was he a good writer? Yeah, it's hard to argue against that completely, especially when he's required reading for most people in the Western world, but is he overrated? Yeah to me he sure is.

ChrisSabal
8/28/12 5:24:34PM
1. Dubstep - just awful, hope it dies out
2. AC/DC - can't stand them
3. The Avengers - liked it but wasn't the greatest action movie ever like people make it out to be
infestructure
8/28/12 5:33:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Infestructure -

I love to read, I hate reading his stuff. I've seen lists of words he's coined and I know he first said things like "all that glitters isn't gold", but I'd rather read the dictionary than about half of the things he wrote. Was he a good writer? Yeah, it's hard to argue against that completely, especially when he's required reading for most people in the Western world, but is he overrated? Yeah to me he sure is.

Fair enough. I think most people rate him as a pioneer than as a highly skilled playwright. I give him the respect because he was the FIRST to do a lot of his stuff, by today's standards he would probably be less than average.
shaneTpain
8/28/12 5:36:53PM
Religion
Marriage
Money
cowcatcher
8/28/12 5:42:11PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by cowcatcher

Infestructure -

Fair enough. I think most people rate him as a pioneer than as a highly skilled playwright. I give him the respect because he was the FIRST to do a lot of his stuff, by today's standards he would probably be less than average.

- I think he gets so much credit at this point because people read so little now, and his works will continue to be required reading since they have been for so long. It's not easy to read, and trying to figure out some of the nonsensical words he throws in there just makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I'm sure mine isn't a popular opinion, though, and I've actually had to write a paper to argue my point because a teacher didn't like me badmouthing him because he was the greatest writer ever in her opinion. I guess my dislike is deep rooted because of that.
40ouncetofreedom
8/28/12 5:45:44PM
Seafood specificly crab cakes
Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux
BillsNewAccount
8/28/12 5:53:04PM
1 Jon Jones - if he couldn't tie his shoes standing up he wouldn't have a win.
2 having a job
3 everyone Dana White hypes before the fight - really Dana you are excited to see Ed Herman fight Jake Shields? That's because you are a goof.
Gogoplatapus
8/28/12 6:14:30PM

Posted by iwannabesedated

Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux

nah.
Budgellism
8/28/12 6:27:34PM
1. Facebook/Twitter
2. Spaghetti
3. Roller Coasters
4. 24
5. Reality TV
postman
8/28/12 6:50:03PM

Posted by gartface

1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Chipotle
3. Heath Ledger(awesome as the Joker, but everyone makes him out to be the greatest actor in history)

Christ I can get on board with all three

Qdoba>Chipotle
cowcatcher
8/28/12 6:54:32PM

Posted by postman

Qdoba>Chipotle

1000 x yes!
postman
8/28/12 7:01:25PM
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Phillip Rivers
3. Banning Steriods
kopower
8/28/12 7:03:20PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

Qdoba>Chipotle

1000 x yes!

Is what I'm hearing true? There is a Qdoba about 15 minutes from me, but never gave them a try. I've noticed my local Chipotle skimming down on the meat, which pissed me off.
Shawn91111
8/28/12 7:17:59PM

Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux

postman
8/28/12 7:34:53PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

Qdoba>Chipotle

1000 x yes!

Is what I'm hearing true? There is a Qdoba about 15 minutes from me, but never gave them a try. I've noticed my local Chipotle skimming down on the meat, which pissed me off.

I like it. I had Chipotle twice and didn't like it. I was hesatint to try Qdoba due to my dislike of Chipotle. But when I did I was hooked. I eat it at least once a week closer to 3.
babalu46
8/28/12 7:36:50PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Bloodstain Lane
Claude Giroux

nah.

Gogoplatapus knows!!!

1) Coca Cola
2) Call of Duty
3) Rihanna (music)