Most overrated fighter out there today

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Most overrated fighter out there today
POLL: Most Overated Fighter Today
Andrei Arlovski 13% (6)
Tito Ortiz 17% (8)
Takanori Gomi 9% (4)
Frank Shamrock 20% (9)
Alexsander Emelianenko 7% (3)
Diego Sanchez 35% (16)
ncordless
4/15/07 3:06:53PM
??

Or if you have another vote, say it and explain why.

Andrei Arlovski gets my vote. Lost to Timmay twice.
JimiMak
4/15/07 3:17:47PM
Tito. He's far past his prime and still sells ppv's like... I guess if I say blankets to polar bears it's not offensive lol. When I first clicked on I was sure this thread was about lindland, I'm glad it's not.
PW
4/15/07 3:38:09PM
I'd say Arlovski, with Frank just behind. Though I suppose you don't get anyone really blowing Frank's horn apart from himself so maybe Tito in second.
jdubs
4/15/07 4:12:43PM
no gsp? i suppose ill get some people mad about that one
Gladiator
4/15/07 4:17:06PM

Posted by jdubs

no gsp? i suppose ill get some people mad about that one

i dont know where u are coming from there. but my vote goes to ortiz, i was going to vote frank shamrock but i dont think anyone really believes hes that great anyway.

Cobbs666
4/15/07 4:19:44PM
any of the gracie's
JBatch
4/15/07 4:28:11PM
I picked Diego because he hasn't fought great competition and was overhyped by the ufc propoganda machine. He is good but not the prodigy he was made out to be.

Arlovski is as good as his biling he just doesn't have the greatest chin. Frank Shamrock is just an a**hole and Tito really just can't get past Chuck.

As for whoever said GSP, worst call ever my friend.
Rush
4/15/07 4:42:24PM
I picked Diego, but I won't explain it all over again.

Tito was a close second, but he has, at least, a more distinguished record than Diego.
shackle
4/15/07 4:51:52PM
Gomi hands down... people worship him like a god.

I would say BJ penn is the most overrated fighter out of them all. Talent wise....NO! but sorry not gassing out is a part of fighting. BJ is not going to get very far if he doesn't start training hard. What a waste of talent. I mean seriously he is listed like top 5 in the P4P list?!?! Who has he beat recently?

I don't hate any fighter cause they got the balls to do what many can't, but if I had to choose thats what I think.
Stickan
4/15/07 5:20:24PM
It was a hard one. Gomi or Shamrock but I went with Frank.
Mastodon2
4/15/07 6:28:48PM
Gotta be Diego. Rogan and Goldberg always talk him up, and he is marketed as a real tough guy, but he has only ever fought bums and looked dreadful against Koscheck.
xthe_scottx
4/15/07 6:42:03PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Gotta be Diego. Rogan and Goldberg always talk him up, and he is marketed as a real tough guy, but he has only ever fought bums and looked dreadful against Koscheck.

Diego has only fought bums? What about Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan. Are they bums even though they are top 10 WW's? He may have not looked good in his most recent fight but you can't say he is so overrated just because of one loss.
Mastodon2
4/15/07 6:50:46PM
He is overrated, with or without his loss to Koscheck, Im never impressed by his performances, and he is even less impressive considering the way he talks himself up, and the way UFC markets him.
xthe_scottx
4/15/07 7:01:40PM

Posted by Mastodon2

He is overrated, with or without his loss to Koscheck, Im never impressed by his performances, and he is even less impressive considering the way he talks himself up, and the way UFC markets him.

I don't understand how you couldn't be impressed by his win over Karo. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
hippysmacker
4/15/07 7:07:02PM
Definitely Shamrock. He was the man back in the day, but has not fought anyone who can even loosely be considered top 10 IMO in 7 years. Yet he still claims to be the man, and many people still seem to buy into it. He was ineffective against Renzo even before the DQ. I always wonder if he would still be the man if he had kept fighting and progressing, but we will never know.
Northrend
4/15/07 7:24:19PM
Diego for me, after hearing people say he would beat GSP/Hughes/Penn it made me go insane.
Junior24
4/15/07 7:43:50PM
I voted for Diego, but I still think Chuck is the most overrated.
papercut
4/15/07 7:44:56PM

Posted by Northrend

Diego for me, after hearing people say he would beat GSP/Hughes/Penn it made me go insane.

he wouldn't be able to hold is own in there with any of them
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 8:02:00PM
Fedor.

Juggernaut
4/15/07 8:22:41PM
GSP. can't stand him and never could. nobody payed attention to him before until he ko'd Hughes and then suddenly everybody jumps on his bandwagon. only reason is because everybody hated Hughes for being an arrogant cocky asshole but that's why I love him. but anyway, since then everybody built him up into something he's not. he's good but he's not as good as theymake him out to be.
warglory
4/16/07 10:49:06AM
GSP before losing, literally whipped up on aruguably the best division in all of mma, so I think he deserves the rep he has achieved.
Orlandi0053
4/16/07 12:16:53PM
Pretty much everyone agrees Diego is way to overrated even though he is a good fighter atleast hasnt shown me enough exspecialy against Kos in his last fight
rameydl8
4/16/07 1:49:56PM
frank or tito....one of them
richieb19
4/16/07 2:01:40PM
Fedor IMHO
Juggernaut
4/16/07 3:27:13PM

Posted by richieb19

Fedor IMHO

after seeing him against Lindland I agree. and its not so much overrated as just overhyped. everybody thinks he's unbeatable and that is definately not the case at all.
richieb19
4/16/07 3:32:56PM

Posted by Juggernaut

Posted by richieb19

Fedor IMHO

after seeing him against Lindland I agree. and its not so much overrated as just overhyped. everybody thinks he's unbeatable and that is definately not the case at all.

Yeah, overhyped may be the better choice of words... People think hes unbeatable and is the best thing to ever hit the sport, when in fact there has been plenty of fighters who have stood clearly above all others at one point in time, yet their names are rarely even mentionned anymore... the same thing will happen to Fedor...