The Top 10 Overquoted Movies

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Top 10 Overquoted Movies
Lord_Lenny
8/10/07 11:40:51PM
The ten movies that people almost ruin by over quoting them

Link
Taylor8766
8/11/07 12:03:21AM
"Yo Adrianne" gets really annoying, even though it's one of my favourite series of all time
Rush
8/11/07 10:47:55AM
The person that wrote that list seems to have only been watching movies that are a couple years old.

There are way more timeless quotes than those. In fact, most of those mention, I've never heard used once.
jdubs
8/11/07 10:55:57AM
nothin from scarface?
Ydoc
8/11/07 11:01:44AM
That list had some good ones but felt way too modern... in a couple of more years people won't be quoting Wedding Crashers or 40 Year Old Virgin. No Godfather makes me sad, since everyone tries to do a Brando parody.

My most quoted movies is The Princess Bride:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya

"As you wish." - Westley

"INCONCEIVABLE!" - Vizzini

"I'm not left-handed either." - Westley

"I am the brute squad" - Fezzik

"I don't even exercise." - Fezzik

"Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours." - Westley

So many awesome lines, I can go on forever. And I try to use them daily.

SpiderSilva
8/11/07 12:44:56PM
"tonight we dine in hell"
TOMMYAYO05
8/11/07 2:37:07PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

"tonight we dine in hell"

I find myself usually quoting the wedding crashers movie and rules....haha i dont know why but i do.
Mastodon2
8/11/07 3:11:14PM
No "Say hello to my little friend!" ?

No "Do you feel lucky, punk?" ?

hmmm....
Lord_Lenny
8/11/07 6:20:39PM
i think its supposed to be more of modern movies, that people almost ruin by quoting it so much
Ordep
8/11/07 10:12:19PM
i expected Terminator and Star Wars

"I'll be back"
"Hasta la vista baby"

"I am your father" Noooooooooooooooo
"I have a bad feeling about this"
"The force is strong whitin this one"
"Hard to see, the dark side is"
puppetmaster837
8/12/07 1:04:48AM
People really did ruin Napoleon Dynamite by quoting it. One day in school would be like watching that movie 5 times, you would hear every line in each class. You really didnt even need to watch the movie to memorize the whole thing
Ultimate_fighter
8/12/07 2:09:24AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

People really did ruin Napoleon Dynamite by quoting it. One day in school would be like watching that movie 5 times, you would hear every line in each class. You really didnt even need to watch the movie to memorize the whole thing

DANG IT!
hippysmacker
8/12/07 2:20:17AM
Austin powers if definitely the most over quoted movie ever IMO. When I was a kid it was" fast times at ridgemont high "though.
AchillesHeel
8/12/07 9:33:12AM

Posted by Rush

The person that wrote that list seems to have only been watching movies that are a couple years old.

There are way more timeless quotes than those. In fact, most of those mention, I've never heard used once.

I was thinking the same thing. I've only even seen about half of those films. I guess it's an age thing.

Posted by Mastodon2

No "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Yeah, this one drives me crazy. It's one of the greatest misquotes of all time, 2nd only to "Play it again, Sam."
casey64
8/12/07 5:56:40PM
some of those i will agree on.
pv3Hpv3p
8/13/07 4:26:54PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I hate that f'n movie...

To the list I'd have to add the big Lebowski (no av-favoring intended)

"What the f*ck is this?"... "Obviously you are not a golfer"... **thug drops bowling ball on the floor**

"Hey, man, watch it... I've got a beverage here."

"You facist" **as a coffee mug bounces off the Dude's head**

Any line from Walter: "You brought a polmeranian bowling?" "I didn't bring him bowling. I'm not buying him a beer. I'm not renting him shoes. He's not taking your f*cking turn..."

There are countless otherones as well... Great f'n movie
Rush
8/15/07 3:11:13PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I was thinking the same thing. I've only even seen about half of those films. I guess it's an age thing.

Posted by Mastodon2

No "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Yeah, this one drives me crazy. It's one of the greatest misquotes of all time, 2nd only to "Play it again, Sam."

No, I'm not that old, really!!!

As for another misquoted line... alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio

Also, don't forget You talkin' to me? from Taxi Driver and also a few from Gone with the Wind

The original article had few to no classic films/lines in there and was obviously written by someone under 25 and if they were over 25 they should be ashamed of themselves.
thepunisher
8/15/07 3:22:53PM
Vegas baby Vegas

you are so money baby you dont know how money you are
cowcatcher
8/15/07 3:28:33PM
when i was younger caddyshack got quoted all the time, as far as newer movies go its gotta be austin powers, im sick of hearing yeah baby yeah from people, its been 10 years quote something new.