Overeem: Wants Fedor and Lesnar - Willing to Fight Crocop in Kitchen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Overeem: Wants Fedor and Lesnar - Willing to Fight Crocop in Kitchen
kastro_316
12/17/08 8:58:52PM
DreamFighters.com

DreamFighters.com: Is there any chance we can see you fight in the UFC? You said you would like to fight Brock lesnar?

Alistair Overeem: I will fight on NYE in japan, big surpirse against who and what rules, you will see. I could end up in the UFC, my management is responsible for that

HAHAH
bobby_loco13
12/17/08 9:23:58PM
"I will fight him in his kitchen, garden or swimming pool, with or without elbows and footstomps and……."

hahaha fuc thats so funny. oh cro cop(Pride version), where did u go???
Mayhem13
12/17/08 9:53:28PM
if the UFC were smart they would bring cro cop back, and sign Overeem...

and thats the headliner for the february card!
Jackelope
12/17/08 10:07:12PM

Posted by Mayhem13

if the UFC were smart they would bring cro cop back, and sign Overeem...

and thats the headliner for the february card!

To the hardcore that is an amazing matchup for the UFC to put on, but unfortunately for the regular joe it doesn't mean jack. Here's to hoping you're right and they listen, though!
jae_1833
12/18/08 12:01:03AM
The average joe doesn't even know the Overeem name.....lame but true. I'd love to see how he matches up with some of the current UFC HW line up; Kongo, GG, Herring, Brock, Mir, Randy.... all good match ups I think.
warglory
12/18/08 12:11:47AM
Overeem would get demolished by both Lesnar and Fedor imo.
cmill21
12/18/08 12:15:15AM

Posted by warglory

He could probably submit Brock right now, he's pretty good off his back. I don't think Overeem is the amazing monster people are making him out to be though, he submitted hunt(wow) and was beating Cro Cop until he nut mashed him but he's apperently becoming a ground fighter and he's far behind the top guys in that aspect.
wapttn
12/18/08 3:55:03AM
am I the only one sketched out by the quick jump in size by overeem? Ever since the poor transition of certain pride fighters into the ufc, and just noticing a difference in physique or ring performance, i've had the suspicion that fighters fighting in these japanese promotions are taking advantage of the lax drug testing. If my suspicions about overeem are correct, then it would make for a very interesting transition.
motorboatensob
12/18/08 9:27:01AM
You got to give it to the guy not many people openly ask for an ass whooping
4u2nv
12/18/08 9:37:46AM

Posted by motorboatensob

You got to give it to the guy not many people openly ask for an ass whooping

True, plus if he keeps getting bigger he'll soon as big if not bigger then Brock! lol
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/18/08 11:16:21AM

Posted by warglory

haha ... he would totally destroy Lesnar hands down i'd put my whole paycheck on that fight. As for fedor... he would last longer that big timmy did thats for sure but i still think would fall short of the W.

either way, WAR OVEREEM
cmill21
12/18/08 1:25:30PM

Posted by wapttn

am I the only one sketched out by the quick jump in size by overeem? Ever since the poor transition of certain pride fighters into the ufc, and just noticing a difference in physique or ring performance, i've had the suspicion that fighters fighting in these japanese promotions are taking advantage of the lax drug testing. If my suspicions about overeem are correct, then it would make for a very interesting transition.

He looked the same against Buentello.
kaskd
12/19/08 4:04:40AM

Posted by wapttn

Yeah, the roids are definitely a big deal. Many of the fighters in Pride were juicing and couldn't do the same in w/e venues they went on to. I know Shogun lost for a bunch of reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if coming off the roids was a major one.

That being said, I think majority of the fighters are clean.