Overeem ready for UFC 141 'dream fight,' looks forward to future bout with Dos Santos

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Overeem ready for UFC 141 'dream fight,' looks forward to future bout with Dos Santos
Budgellism
12/19/11 11:44:23PM
While much of the buildup for next week's year-end UFC 141 event has focused on the health of Brock Lesnar (5-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and the licensing difficulties of Alistair Overeem (35-11 MMA, 0-0 UFC), the two massive heavyweights aren't really interested in addressing those topics.

Instead, both fighters insist their focus is entirely on what will happen when the cage door closes behind them

The intriguing clash of superstars is sure to have Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena abuzz, and Overeem promises to deliver a show. After all, he's happy to take part in this "dream fight," and he looks forward to meeting the champion, as well.

"I'm very happy with the opportunity I got fighting Brock," Overeem today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on a conference call promoting the event. "I think it's a dream match for not only myself but for the fans, as well."

LINK
Budgellism
12/19/11 11:46:06PM
I really want Overeem to beat Lesnar so we can see Overeem vs. JDS. That is an epic fight that really needs to happen.
Lesnar1
12/19/11 11:47:21PM
Personally i've never had any dreams about this fight, but it's the coolest HW fight in a long time.
Chael_Sonnen
12/19/11 11:50:26PM

Posted by Lesnar1

Personally i've never had any dreams about this fight, but it's the coolest HW fight in a long time.

I wonder if Brock is gonna crack open a Coors Light after his victory?
Twenty20Dollars
12/20/11 12:13:57AM

Posted by Budgellism

I really want Overeem to beat Lesnar so we can see Overeem vs. JDS. That is an epic fight that really needs to happen.

Agreed. But I have Brock beating Overeem
Lesnar1
12/20/11 1:23:35AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Lesnar1

airkerma
12/20/11 11:10:30AM

Posted by Lesnar1

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Lesnar1

Soooo that's a yes?
Bubbles
12/20/11 1:08:01PM
Overeem via Uberknee
Boo_Radley21
12/20/11 3:04:35PM
Overeem vs Dos Santos would be epic, a slugfest for sure.
Sir_Karl
12/20/11 3:09:36PM
Yo...Overrated...I mean Overeem...you have to get by Brock first. I don't like to bash fighters but I can't stand this guy. I think he is way overrated and way too arrogant and I feel he is a coward as well. He thinks he is god. I can't wait till he gets rode hard and put away wet. Any of the UFC's top HWs should be able to mess him up. Then we will be done with Overeem's mouth once and for all. Good luck Overeem....and then good riddance.