Overeem First UFC Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Overeem First UFC Fight
chickmagnet
2/12/09 3:09:43PM
There has been a lot of talk about Overeem signing with the UFC, if so who should his first opponent be?

I want to see Heath Herring back in the octagon, I think a fight between him and overeem would be an exciting one. Thoughts?
Pookie
2/12/09 3:15:18PM

Posted by chickmagnet

There has been a lot of talk about Overeem signing with the UFC, if so who should his first opponent be?

I want to see Heath Herring back in the octagon, I think a fight between him and overeem would be an exciting one. Thoughts?

I think Herring is a pretty durable guy, and may just push alistair's cardio beyond its limit.

Id personally like to see him fight Gonzaga
EvenFlow
2/12/09 3:21:22PM
The easy answer here is Kongo, plus it'll show if Overeem is a contender and if Kongo is close to a title shot, supposing he dosnt lose to Hardonk that is.

Overeem vs Barry would be awesome as well.
loller90278
2/12/09 3:29:08PM
i dunno, i think alistair still has 2 fights with dream. He is also the strikeforce HW champion. i don't think he'll be fighting for the UFC anytime soon.
Twenty20Dollars
2/12/09 3:45:45PM
Kongo or Herring.
DCRage
2/12/09 4:10:02PM
Strikeforce is working on bringing him in for a title defense later this year, so unless he gives up the title UFC probably isn't happening before then or he drops it.
prozacnation1978
2/12/09 4:32:09PM
lets not burn that bridge till we cross it
i don't think overeem will be in the ufc in 2009
MattHughesRules
2/12/09 4:35:51PM
I think Kongo would be a great fight to watch. Would be a true strikers battle...some serious toe to toe action! I guess it all depends on where Kongo and the rest of the HW division stands when Overeem gets to the UFC.....if he even does go there.
RampageOwnedYou
2/12/09 5:25:16PM
I personally would like to see Overeem destroy Cain V. But we all know UFC doesnt want to build this guy up, to get destroyed by A.O.

But Carwin, Kongo or even Gonzaga would make all good matches. But I really would hate to see Overeem fight Heith, just because they are both favs of mine. But either way whoever Overeem gets, they will be in serious trouble.

GDK
2/12/09 5:31:58PM
He should fight Gonzaga
Cream him in under 2 minutes
And show Mirko how it's done
bls1919
2/12/09 5:42:01PM
Overeem in the UFC .....maybe in the distant future. I want Overeem vs LeBanner. I want to see Jerome back in action
Nitrus
2/12/09 6:03:05PM

Posted by bls1919

Overeem in the UFC .....maybe in the distant future. I want Overeem vs LeBanner. I want to see Jerome back in action

Overreem x LeBanner would be great to see, but we got to remember that LeBanner's chin is one of the best out there, different from Badr, which like Karaev got the "glass jaws" of K-1. (I'm not saying that they have glass jaws, but in K-1 level, they do)

If they fight in K-1 rules, i'd pick LeBanner

But back to topic, Herring x Overeem would be cool
loller90278
2/12/09 6:39:20PM

Posted by Nitrus

Posted by bls1919

Overreem x LeBanner would be great to see, but we got to remember that LeBanner's chin is one of the best out there, different from Badr, which like Karaev got the "glass jaws" of K-1. (I'm not saying that they have glass jaws, but in K-1 level, they do)

If they fight in K-1 rules, i'd pick LeBanner

But back to topic, Herring x Overeem would be cool

it just sucks that lebanner is so prone to injuries. that guy hits like a gorilla and is built like a fridge. if he wasnt bombarded with injuries so much he'd be probably #2 in k1 IMO. (remi being the #1)
billycarnage
2/12/09 6:45:41PM
I like him vs HardonK or Kongo.

I loved watching him destroy Badr Hari with K-1 rules eventhough he is way bigger than Hari. Hari deserved the ass beating.

Give'em Brock!
copcopps
2/12/09 9:11:20PM
Lesnar to tool him
mkiv9secsupra
2/12/09 10:06:06PM
Couture!!! Id love to see Alistair dominate Couture but that matchup seems a bit far fetched at the moment. If he signs very soon, Alistair could fight the loser of Kongo/Hardonk or Gonzaga/Carwin. I think Alistair would be an immediate title threat!
Nitrus
2/13/09 5:33:50AM
If Allistar for some reason win UFC HW title, he'll be more cocky than ever

I think he's a great thread too, but dont see he winning Brock, Mir and Nogueira

Cain, Gonzaga, Carwin and Kongo, would give him a good fight

Couture would get smashed! (Well, that's what i wish for )
NatedawgThaM
2/13/09 8:20:08AM
I think he should beat the crap out of Eddie Sanchez or Jake O'Brein, then have Cro Cop beat on the guy Cain just fought or something, and then have their rematch in the UFC!
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/13/09 8:27:51AM
haha i'd really wanna see Overeem destroy the living shiat out of Lesnar. I don't know what the hell is wrong with the playground all going behind lesnar if the match would happen but im sure at 100% that Lesnar would get schooled.
1daveufc
2/13/09 11:31:23AM
Lesnar wud pound Overeem no dowt about that and a think he wud strugle against a few more ufc hw.For example Kongo,Herring,
grimreaper
2/13/09 11:35:50AM
For an awesome fight I'd say Cain Velasquez but for a easy fight Berry or for a fight where he would win against an experience fighter Herring that's how I see things