Ovechkin?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ovechkin?
POLL: Will Ovechkin lead in scoring?
Yes 43% (10)
No 9% (2)
Crosby 26% (6)
Not total points but goals 22% (5)
Not total points but assists 0% (0)
Boo_Radley21
9/29/08 3:52:28PM
Does anyone think he'll lead the league in scoring again?

I do.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/29/08 4:08:14PM
yep & look for the penguins to get the cup, my real bet is the red wings, but its possible
Boo_Radley21
9/29/08 4:14:58PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

yep & look for the penguins to get the cup, my real bet is the red wings, but its possible

you think it will be between them again? they're two of my least favourite teams aside from the Rangers. But it sucks because they really could both go to the finals again. And then we will have another final that means nothing to me I just hope Jersey makes it out of the first round.
DCRage
9/29/08 4:30:00PM
I have it being a rematch of some time back, when Detroit beat Washington to win the Cup. That's my prediciton again-the Caps are much better but Detroit is still the team to beat.
zephead
9/29/08 4:30:24PM
Ovy will do it again. He's a beast
king_katool
9/29/08 5:45:53PM
ye he'll be right at the top, but the wings are repeating
DJDark41
9/29/08 8:07:43PM
Ovechkin on top, but Iggy up in Calgary will be pretty close(hoping for him to hit 100 points). I think if Crosby/Malkin don't get injured, we could see a double 90 point season. But, if they get split up, then there is no way they can get 100+. With no true scoring threat on the wings, the only chance they have to get 100+, in my opinion, is if they play the same line.

Detroit for repeat, Rangers for tanking to get a 1st overall pick.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/29/08 8:47:26PM
the answer is yes
cmill21
9/30/08 1:23:21AM
I think he'll lead the league in scoring but Crosby will lead the league in points.
Aaronno9
9/30/08 6:04:28AM

Posted by cmill21

I think he'll lead the league in scoring but Crosby will lead the league in points.

DJDark41
9/30/08 9:28:20AM

Posted by cmill21

Well, Gonchar is done for 4-6 months. And Marian Hossa has been replaced by Fedotenko and Miro Satan. But honestly, are any of them going to match the scoring threat of Hossa? The two of them combined might reach Hossa's point total from last year. And like I said, I can't see Crosby or Malkin being close to points lead unless they play on the same line all season. Sure, they'll both have great seasons, because no matter who is around them, they are still good and can score on their own. But you have to ask yourself, how many times can they do everything on their own? Eventually, they'll need someone else to score, or pass it to them.
postman
9/30/08 1:06:40PM
If I remeber correctly wasn't Crosby and Ovechkin neck and neck till Crosby got hurt? All that was done before Hossa showed up.
nastshabast
9/30/08 1:39:14PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by cmill21

Well, Gonchar is done for 4-6 months. And Marian Hossa has been replaced by Fedotenko and Miro Satan. But honestly, are any of them going to match the scoring threat of Hossa? The two of them combined might reach Hossa's point total from last year. And like I said, I can't see Crosby or Malkin being close to points lead unless they play on the same line all season. Sure, they'll both have great seasons, because no matter who is around them, they are still good and can score on their own. But you have to ask yourself, how many times can they do everything on their own? Eventually, they'll need someone else to score, or pass it to them.

Letang can QB that PP and Hossa was only there for two months and he was hurt for half of that. Crosby should skate with Kennedy and Satan and Malkin will play wing on Staal's line with Sykora so I'll say Malkin wins the Art Ross.
cmill21
9/30/08 2:01:07PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by cmill21

I think Crosby will get 30-35 goals and 80-85 assists, most of the assist will be to Miro who I think will revive his career with Crosby passing him gimme's. I do see what your saying but I don't think Hossa helped Crosby all that much last year.
iwannabesedated
9/30/08 2:56:11PM
They're not Playing Sid and Malkin on the same line only when they need a push and are behind..Why have your 2 best centers one line that doesnt make alot of sense.They split em up last year.

Dupuis-Crosby-Satan
Staal-Malkin-Sykora

Uhh about those wingers that cant score....

I think Sykora Staal Satan and Dupuis can score...They did last year.

I think OVY will finish with the most goals but im not sure about total point.
nastshabast
9/30/08 3:46:36PM
oh ya Dupuis is there too. I still think Malkin takes the Art.
DJDark41
9/30/08 10:23:40PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

They're not Playing Sid and Malkin on the same line only when they need a push and are behind..Why have your 2 best centers one line that doesnt make alot of sense.They split em up last year.

Dupuis-Crosby-Satan
Staal-Malkin-Sykora

Really? Sykora, Staal, Satan and Dupuis can score?
Sykora had a good year, but he's on the downslope of his career with 63 points.
Staal scored 28. Thats considered scoring?
Dupuis scored 27, not far behind Staal's abysmal 28.
Satan? He had his 3rd lowest points with 41, with the two lower seeing him score 35 in 62 games in his rookie year, and 28 in 64 the year after.

So, combined, the 4 players you mentioned scored a total of 159 points. Which, is a good solid average of 40 points per player. But, I don't count that as being able to score.
iwannabesedated
10/1/08 12:35:53AM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Dupuis-Crosby-Satan
Staal-Malkin-Sykora

Really? Sykora, Staal, Satan and Dupuis can score?
Sykora had a good year, but he's on the downslope of his career with 63 points.
Staal scored 28. Thats considered scoring?
Dupuis scored 27, not far behind Staal's abysmal 28.
Satan? He had his 3rd lowest points with 41, with the two lower seeing him score 35 in 62 games in his rookie year, and 28 in 64 the year after.

So, combined, the 4 players you mentioned scored a total of 159 points. Which, is a good solid average of 40 points per player. But, I don't count that as being able to score.

Yeah and Staal was a 3rd line center on a line with Ruutu and Talbot and hit the so called sophmore slump..But on a 2 nd line winger with Sykora and Malkin..He will score at least 30 or more..Ryan malone was on that line last year and scored 30 and now he got a big check from Tampa Bay...Satan didnt play on a line with Crosby either..Dupuis and Talbot are guys that may not put up 50 goal season but their role players who score at the right time..You dont need a team of 40 goal scorers to win the cup...Our D may be a little shaky without Gonchar and Whitney but our forwards should be fine.
RMFG_187
10/6/08 7:39:22AM
Alex will have the most points this year. Followed by Jerome Iginla. Crosby will do well, but assists more than goals, and Alex will have a 70 goal season. Iginla has mike Cammalleri along his side, who will undoubtedly give Jerome a boost in his stats.