osterneck/rivera

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » osterneck/rivera
The_Ho_Bag
3/10/09 8:54:36PM
so half my camps is rivera half is osterneck. idk who to pick.

im interested to hear everyone's opinion.
Wallass
3/10/09 9:09:44PM
I took Osternick. I checked his record on Sherdog and must have saw something in him to take him over Rivera (cant remember as I had to do it a lot for this card) . Im sure more people out there know more about this guy and this fight but that was just my 2 cents.
Franklinfan47
3/10/09 9:51:08PM
I'm taking Rivera. If you watch Osternecks fight with Rosholt his striking doesnt look the greatest and I think Riveras boxing will eat him alive.

I hate to bring this up, but another reason im taking him is that he just unfortunately lost his daughter and I gotta think he really wants to win this fight.
Styles
3/10/09 10:51:52PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I'm taking Rivera. If you watch Osternecks fight with Rosholt his striking doesnt look the greatest and I think Riveras boxing will eat him alive.

I hate to bring this up, but another reason im taking him is that he just unfortunately lost his daughter and I gotta think he really wants to win this fight.

Also may be a distraction and he might fight with alot of emotion which may be a good thing or may be a bad thing. All in all, I am taking Rivera due to the big advantage of striking. To Me, Rivera is the gate keeper of gatekeepers.
Twenty20Dollars
3/10/09 11:49:05PM
Well Im taking Rivera because he has more exp and ufc exp. Even though Rivera has been know to get submitted and osterneck is a submission guy.

Its just I think Rivera can TKO osterneck before he gets the chance to submit rivera.
prozacnation1978
3/11/09 8:37:15AM
i have rivera winning by tko as well
copcopps
3/11/09 11:30:23AM
Rivera by TKO I just see him as a better fighter
bls1919
3/12/09 8:11:19PM
Yeah i'm also going with rivera, too bad for him he is stuck weeding out newcomers.
gcraig22
3/24/09 12:19:34PM
Osterneck will win in the 2nd via RNC. He wins 80% by submission and he has a pretty good stand-up game. Rivera has lost most of his fights by submission.