Ortiz vs. White is UFC’s hottest feud

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ortiz vs. White is UFC’s hottest feud
Bemin
5/16/08 8:26:19PM
Whether he wins or loses May 24 in Las Vegas against Lyoto Machida, it certainly appears Tito Ortiz will end his 11-year Ultimate Fighting Championship career. But there will be no televised celebration of his accomplishments when the fight is over.

UFC president Dana White will want it to end as quietly as possible, with Ortiz as an afterthought, and the crowning of the undefeated Machida as a new top star.

After years of a very public war between the promoter and one of his top stars, the UFC 84 fight essentially determines who gets in the last word.

“He’s one of the most dishonest human beings I’ve ever met,” White said. “I put up with him when he was a good fighter. He’s not anymore. He’s done. I’m no longer in the Tito Ortiz business.”

Link
postman
5/16/08 8:37:34PM

Posted by Bemin

“He’s one of the most dishonest human beings I’ve ever met,” White said. “I put up with him when he was a good fighter. He’s not anymore. He’s done. I’m no longer in the Tito Ortiz business.”

Stiff words from Dana!
chubbud22
5/16/08 8:40:01PM
I would like to see the look on Danas face if Tito pulled oit out against Machida. You have to think if this fight go's to a dec. and its close Machida is going to get the win. Hopefully it gets finished, but I doubt it.
pgally2000
5/16/08 9:01:07PM
I wonder if he'll be able to get into the HOF?
juanez13
5/16/08 9:22:49PM

Posted by pgally2000

I'm sure he will, but its gonna be quite a bit till he does. First he has to be retired, than he'll be in the long waiting line to get into the HoF. I'm gonna say something like 5 to 7 years after he retires he will be inducted.
silverbullet
5/16/08 9:37:41PM
Tito's got this fight in a bag. If you really think Machida can beat Tito, you must be smoking something.
89vision
5/16/08 10:17:06PM
Tito should have just fought Dana instead of ducking him. I would much rather hear talk Dana than anymore of Tito's complains and weird b/s he says.

Posted by Silverbullett

Tito's got this fight in a bag. If you really think Machida can beat Tito, you must be smoking something.

Alright, if Tito loses what does that mean your smoking? lol
bullettdodger
5/17/08 12:29:26AM

Posted by 89vision

Tito should have just fought Dana instead of ducking him. I would much rather hear talk Dana than anymore of Tito's complains and weird b/s he says.

Posted by Silverbullett

prozacnation1978
5/17/08 1:22:45AM
if tito wins he will get the arlovski treatment with no joe rogan , if i were him i wouldn't leave the cage till i say my last words in, i will be curious to see what happens at the end of the fight
Raykill
5/17/08 1:54:40AM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Silverbullett

I agree, Dana worked his ass off to get ready for thier fight and Tito ducks him. B/S. Its not a wonder he wasnt done with him sooner.
chubbud22
5/17/08 2:55:53AM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Silverbullett

I agree, Dana worked his ass off to get ready for thier fight and Tito ducks him. B/S. Its not a wonder he wasnt done with him sooner.

Ya that does make Tito look pretty bad.
MMAcca
5/17/08 9:02:53AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by pgally2000

I'm sure he will, but its gonna be quite a bit till he does. First he has to be retired, than he'll be in the long waiting line to get into the HoF. I'm gonna say something like 5 to 7 years after he retires he will be inducted.

....and he'll have to make friends with his old buddy Dana........
chubbud22
5/18/08 2:13:34AM
Dana hates him pretty bad I dont know if he would let Tito in; I don't know how much say he has in it, but Im sure he has some.