Ortiz vs Machida predictions?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ortiz vs Machida predictions?
POLL: What will happen?
Ortiz via KO/TKO 18% (11)
Ortiz via Sub. 0% (0)
Ortiz via Dec. 21% (13)
Machida via KO/TKO 18% (11)
Machida via Sub. 7% (4)
Machida via Dec. 36% (22)
kofranklin
2/13/08 9:24:02PM
What are your predictions for the Ortiz vs Machida fight?
BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 9:36:00PM
machida....destruction
rameydl8
2/13/08 9:44:52PM
machida......with a ninja like submission....
cmill21
2/13/08 10:00:09PM
Machida by decision. Tito heads elsewhere.
tuvok500
2/13/08 10:03:55PM
Tito UD !!

Soko was just too overated and peoples are seeing Machida's win as a big step up but it was more an easy target than anything else.

candynuts
2/13/08 10:16:00PM
I too take Tito. (Whoa, alliteration)

Tito will get his hands on him take him to the ground, and pound him out.
Would like to see Machida win though.
BlazinSaddle
2/13/08 10:19:07PM

Posted by tuvok500

Tito UD !!

Soko was just too overated and peoples are seeing Machida's win as a big step up but it was more an easy target than anything else.

i'll make a real money bet with you, i love easy money
mkiv9secsupra
2/13/08 11:42:30PM
Tito will stand up for maybe a minute then shoot and put machida on his back and deliver some GnP. Tito wont finish him but make it an obvious win with one round maybe even turning out to be a 10-8 for tito. Either Tito UD or TKO from a cut.
NatedawgThaM
2/13/08 11:46:41PM
I think Ortiz takes this one fairly easy. No question Machida is a ten times better fighter but Tito will have more strength and will use it. I think he'll out power Machida with his strength and wrestling and win the unanimous decision.

The striking is even, even though Machida has more technique but Tito keeps improving but neither have that much power. Machida is a better ground fighter but he's a counter fighter and this will COST HIM! because Tito will be more aggressive and get the takedown which will lead to three rounds of GNP. Also take in note Tito has never been submitted with an actual submission and that's the only way I see Machida winning this since it's even on the feet and Tito will be more aggressive to impose his will.

Tito UD.
cmill21
2/13/08 11:49:00PM
Just want to point out Machida's stance makes it hard to get a double.
ocho-cinco
2/14/08 12:07:25AM
I don't see this being all that difficult a fight for Machida. He is on his way up the ladder, while Tito is on his way out the door. I just see Machida coming out much hungrier, and better prepared. Tito was once a great fighter, but he has been domesticated and doesn't appear to have the same fire he used to have. Plus the division is getter crowded, and another UFC title isn't going to be any motivation for him. The opposite is true for Machida, he will be very motivated for a chance at the belt. A win over Ortiz is a big name victory, and further strengthens an already strong resume. Machida is to good and to focused to lose against Tito..... although crazier thing have happened.
BlazinSaddle
2/14/08 12:36:58AM
why wont anybody take a real money bet? talking up ortiz then not taking on the bet, come on...
Tein_Lung
2/14/08 2:43:03AM
everyone knows exactly what Tito is going to do because he is a 1 trick pony He is only GnP and Machinda is beyond that type of fighter, Tito is gonna lose... Tito is just too predictable Machida will come in prepared to fight off his back and will sub Tito, Tito never tries to pass guard and it will cause him to be subbed
Pookie
2/14/08 4:28:16AM
Machida is really tough to get close to.

Nakamura chased him the entire fight trying to close in on him, and only got a face full of #$%& you.

The fact that Tito doesnt like to get hit (which he will be hit, quite often at that) will keep him at bay once he starts to gas. WHICH HE ALWAYS DOES. Every single fight man, he gasses midway through the second.

Machidas stance is too evasive, i dont see tito shooting in on him. Too much distance, machida will pop him whenever he gets in range.

Easy fight. Bet all your money on machida as its going to be close to -110.
hippysmacker
2/14/08 4:33:20AM

Posted by cmill21

Rush
2/14/08 10:15:14AM

Posted by cmill21

Tito trys to go for either the big hit or the takedown. Machida will pick him apart.
Tein_Lung
2/14/08 11:07:23AM
Tito will have limited options on where he can go cause he cannot fight in a ring, his only gameplan won;t work if he can't stack a can in guard
cj_striker
2/14/08 11:21:52AM
I need to look through these posts a little more, before I post a topic. Just posted something similiar on thoughts about Ortiz vs. Machida. NateDawg makes a good point, even though Machida did look pretty strong against Soko, I feel Ortiz is the better wrestler and if this goes to decision Ortiz will probably win. And it's true neither Machida or Ortiz have great power in their hands, but Machida has the advantage standing even though Tito has improved on his feet a lot. Machida's a karate fighter with sick moves man, got to be kinda hard to train for. Definitely should be a ground fight and a great fight overall. I'd be happy if either guy won.
cj_striker
2/14/08 11:29:53AM
This is what I posted earlier..... I personally feel Ortiz still has it physically, the question is, is he mentally prepared to fight a really, really tuff opponent who I know definitely wants it. Machida is a crazy striker, with a karate background, to me you don't see that a lot now a days, seems hard to train for. People can say what they want about Ortiz, but the dude is a badass. He matches up bad with Liddel (Liddel's take down defense and f**king crazy heavy hands, just don't fit Ortiz's style), but if he really dedicated himself to fighting again (stop with TV shows and crap, but I don't really blame him, lots of money in it) he would present a lot of problems for Rampage and if Forest beats Rampage, you seen how close their fight was could go either way once again. Too bad that will never happen unless Dana and him make up (not happening) and that's saying he does beat Machida which is a toss up for me. Machida is awesome, beat Soko so easily it was crazy, he even beat Franklin (my favorite fighter), enough said, dude is for real. I really feel it's all in Tito's corner, Machida is gonna bring it, the question is are you Oritiz, do you want this or is your time in the came over to you?
Mayhem13
2/14/08 2:16:22PM
I'm gonna go with Machida by rnd 3 TKO as of now....it may change to decision though before then.
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/08 2:24:18PM

Posted by tuvok500

Tito UD !!

Pretty quick to choose Tito on this one... I thought the UFC wasn't the place for one-dimensional fighters?

All Tito's got is the TD, and Machida is as elusive as anyone I've seen in the octagon... I don't think Machida will finish him, but imagine that it'll be a lopsided decision in the much more well rounded Machida's favor
Salty
2/14/08 2:35:42PM
Machida by (as Doug Marshall would say) KD
mkiv9secsupra
2/14/08 2:50:43PM
He had the ability to finally take chuck down after getting punished by him for two and a half rounds. Machida doesnt have nearly the same takedown defense or the power as chuck. Tito is going to take him down at will. Tito has no immediate threat on the feet except maybe a cut which is highly unlikely and has a minimal threat on the ground when he is in guard. Machida will probly only try for a triangle or armbar and guillotine on the takedowns. All of which Tito has had experience in the ring and in training to escape. I guess im the only one who thinks tito still has it and never lost it....
fightdavejordan
2/15/08 9:11:41AM
Machida with a sub. late in the fight
Focker101
2/19/08 7:39:58PM
mkiv9secsupra

I completely agree with you

Also his last 15 fights he has lost only 3 times twice to Chuck once to Couture

he should have won that draw against Rashad grabbing the fence or not

Rashad did really nothing until the last 2 minutes of the fight
Victories including Cote, Griffin, Belfort,

I think Machida is very good but he needs to make his way to middleweight if he can
which I think he could

Tito UD from brutal GnP
JuggaloWarrior878
2/20/08 12:20:44AM
cant see machida winning tito ud 30-27
MondayNiteMauser
3/6/08 1:44:46PM
Tito by brutal ground and pound....leaving the UFC with one less LHW contender which would piss dana off....and everyone knows tito loves to piss dana off
bls1919
3/7/08 7:41:53PM
Machida via brutal KO