ortiz v griffin rumour at ufc 70

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » ortiz v griffin rumour at ufc 70
POLL: ortiz or griffin
ortiz 67% (12)
griffin 33% (6)
eiredave
2/6/07 5:34:13PM
alot of people thought griffin beat tito last time what do ye think will happen if rumours are true
bayonetxwork
2/6/07 5:38:38PM
Tito will crush him.

Whether you like tito or not, you have to know he wasn't his normal self when they fought. They're both coming off big losses, but Tito is just too good for him. His knee is better now, and he should easily get rid of Forrest by the 3rd round.
eiredave
2/6/07 5:54:57PM
yea they have both come off losses but titos loss was ineviatable against chuck. first a fighter fresh into ufc withstood titos best in first round tito did destroy in first but i think forrest won last tito rounds thats first of his last four fights fight 2 and 3 were against ken shamrock he is well past it tito looked brilliant because poor ken isnt up to it at 1st i thought he would give chuck a good fight but reliased his last 3 fights dont know just voicing an opioion
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
thelastking
2/6/07 5:55:28PM
Ortiz wasnt 100% and he still beat griffin. so ortiz would beat griffin even worse this time.
eiredave
2/6/07 5:59:53PM
blah blah ive a sore knee
JunCTion
2/6/07 6:02:01PM
yeah, and when forrest is beat down, what does dana do with him. wouldn't that be 3 losses out of the last four. he'll be done in the ufc, won't he?
eiredave
2/6/07 6:14:55PM
can you think of anyone else for him to fight that if he won would shoot him back up the ladder like a win over ortiz two of them are in limbo now with nowhere to go
pv3Hpv3p
2/6/07 6:35:11PM
I think Tito will come in pissed off, and put a real hurting on Forrest... Tito by TKO rd 2
eiredave
2/6/07 6:41:21PM
very laid back bunch here was expecting to be told you dont know what u on bout and all that by now lol
Trapt1nw0nder
2/6/07 7:24:27PM
if Chuck is most likely gonna fight Jardine next.......and Ortiz is rumored to fight Griffin....

Then who is Rampage gonna fight next?? Rashad?...i wont be happy unless Rampage fights one of the Top 7 contenders in the UFC

i really hope UFC does buy pride...we desperatly need more Top contenders in the mix at 205

eiredave
2/6/07 7:34:32PM
yea where does tito go if rampage wins belt from chuck joe rogan says tito and rampage wont happen because they are "friends" i cant say much on rampage only fight i have seen was his last fight rampages signing will mix things up big time more so if he wins belt cant see tito saying no to a title shot if rampage has it i say your right it will be
forrest v tito
chuck v jardine
rampage v evans
or maybe rampage v jardine for number 1 contender
Trapt1nw0nder
2/6/07 7:48:33PM

Posted by eiredave

yea where does tito go if rampage wins belt from chuck joe rogan says tito and rampage wont happen because they are "friends" i cant say much on rampage only fight i have seen was his last fight rampages signing will mix things up big time more so if he wins belt cant see tito saying no to a title shot if rampage has it i say your right it will be
forrest v tito
chuck v jardine
rampage v evans
or maybe rampage v jardine for number 1 contender

Chuck is a Huge moneymaker...i dought they will leave him sitting in the shelf waiting for a #1 contender to develope...#1 contender is Jardine.....Randy should of came back to LHW..

if Rampage gets the title its hard to see Tito fighting him for the title......Tito is an emotional guy,and to lose to a friend....or even getting knocked out and embarassed would tear him apart....

Please let the rumours be true!!!! we need you Pride!
Lay_N_Pray
2/6/07 8:20:17PM
I have no real interest in a rematch between the two. This could be just me and it probably is, but I don't think either one of them seem to have much passion for the sport anymore, especially Ortiz, but like I said this might just be me making a wrong judgement.
JunCTion
2/6/07 8:30:11PM
i 2nd that, but wheres babalu in this
strikefirstgear
2/7/07 4:27:24AM

Posted by JunCTion

i 2nd that, but wheres babalu in this

Wondering where his career is going next.

I see the Griffin / Ortiz 2 fight as a bigger brawl than the first one. Unless I miss my mark Forrest will bounce back from his loss and be a better fighter. He also knows that he can hold his own against Tito. There wont be a 1st round like the last fight where Tito has his way with him. Right from the start Forrest will battle. If he wins then there is redemption and a rematch with Jardine. That winner will fight Liddell is my guess.

Either way my money is on Forrest for this fight.
eiredave
2/7/07 6:13:33AM
bobalu and tito have both lost to chuck twice so neither one of them should get another go off chuck i think
hippysmacker
2/7/07 6:51:27AM
I'd love for Forrest to beat Tito. Both of them will stay in the UFC no matter who loses. Both are still big draws, and the UFC won't want to help any of their competitors get a firm US hold.
eiredave
2/7/07 7:34:28AM
me two i think a forest win would be perfect
nate22
2/7/07 7:44:50AM
I hope so badly that this fight does not happen at 70. It will end up making co-main event status or something ridiculous.
madmarck
2/7/07 10:07:20AM
I Doubt this will happen. Forrest just got KTFO. Dana Whites Golded Star was Forrest until he lost. He may be on the UFC 70 card but doubt aganist Tito the UFC wants to build his rep back up.
If this match did go ahead Forrest By Brutal ******* KO. I want to see him Own Tito and then make his comeback. Its almost as hard to hate Forrest as it is to hate Ross Pointion.
Manfred
2/7/07 10:44:33AM
Bisping's on that card. I'd rather see Bisping / Forrest at this point. TUF 1 vs TUF 3
strikefirstgear
2/7/07 11:36:15AM

Posted by Manfred

Bisping's on that card. I'd rather see Bisping / Forrest at this point. TUF 1 vs TUF 3

Good call. That would be a good fight for sure but I think the UFC has plans for both of them to build to title contentions. If they knock each other out now then someone is out of contention. Tito and Babalu are already out of contention and are better opponents for these two.

Bisping, Forrest and Rashad will be fed other fighters until the momentum is really on a roll and then they will square off against each other for the title shot.
Manfred
2/7/07 12:45:40PM
I see what you mean about building them up.

The problem I have is that if Tito or Babalu fight a UFC top LHW (each other, Rashad, Jardine) and win, they will right back at the top.

They need to milk out their climb until after Chuck retires so we aren't stuck with a pointless trilogy.

And Forrest's last two fights have put him on the edge of being out of contention anyway IMO. He wasn't that impressive against Bonner II.

They can't keep their #1 star and seat-filler (Chuck) inactive for too long. Feed him Jardine or Rashad/Jardine winner.
strikefirstgear
2/8/07 2:58:41AM
So the top UFC LHW fighters avaiable to fight are:

Liddell - champ
Rampage
Tito - out of contention
Babalu - out of contention
Rashad
Bisping
Jardine
Griffin
Drew McFedries?
James Irvin?
David Heath?
Matt Hamil?
Bonnar?

I was just going off of fighters with recent wins or a bit of fame. Am I missing anyone?

So question, What fights do you set up?

eiredave
2/8/07 3:53:41AM
jardine would be next in line for chuck but dana white might put jardine and rampage 1st maybe
jardine v rampage
forrrest v tito or babalu but but both have lost twice to chuck
bobalau v evans
bisbing v hamill
???????