Ortiz-Evans 2 Now Likely For UFC 78

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ortiz-Evans 2 Now Likely For UFC 78
DCRage
9/13/07 12:01:35PM
The much-anticipated Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans rematch now appears set to happen at UFC 78 on November 17 in Newark, NJ. Ortiz and Evans first met at UFC 73: “Stacked” on July 7, fighting to a draw after Ortiz was docked 1 point for grabbing the fence.

Article

I was hoping it would've been a little sooner as originally planned, but at least it's going to happen in the not-so-distant future. Hopefully the ending won't be as controversial as the first time.
Violentcuv
9/13/07 12:09:01PM
NNOOOOO...

I wanted to see this event live in Cincy. I had a bad feeling this was going to happen about 2 days ago when I noticed they took it off the fantasy picks.

I hope they can add another good fight to that card because without that fight I am not real happy with the card.
bullettdodger
9/13/07 12:13:10PM
It just seems to me like it is just one funny decision after annother one in the UFC these days, i really hope they re-evaluate the terms underwhich fighter are scored.
DCRage
9/13/07 12:23:11PM
If this holds true then the latest rumored 78 card looks like this now:
Ortiz vs. Evans
Spencer Fisher vs. Frankie Edgar
Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
Karo Parisyan vs. TBA
BJ Penn vs. TBA (maybe Joe Stevenson, maybe for the LW Title pending Sherk appeal outcome)

The rematch at least gives the card some appeal since unless there's a new LW Champion crowned, there probably won't be a title match unless Couture defends the HW Title (probably a little bit too soon at this time).
shamgar07
9/13/07 12:43:36PM
Ortiz aint nothing but a punk sissy. Rashad should have mopped the floor with that punk. But hey maybe this time rashad can just beat the crap of him in the first round
bezun
9/13/07 12:48:14PM
I think they should have waited for tito to fight wanderlei in december. Now thats a grudge match that would sell some tickets. I think wanderlei needs to fight a big name for his first ufc fight and tito is on the verge of either getting back into the game or being a big name for new fighters to lose to.
brooklynbadass
9/13/07 1:02:14PM
nice! ill be able to see this live!
DCRage
9/13/07 1:19:58PM

Posted by bezun

I think they should have waited for tito to fight wanderlei in december. Now thats a grudge match that would sell some tickets. I think wanderlei needs to fight a big name for his first ufc fight and tito is on the verge of either getting back into the game or being a big name for new fighters to lose to.

There's almost no way that would happen before next year. They've been pretty much dead-set on Wandy vs. Liddell for December and both fighters seem to want that too. Ditto for the Ortiz-Evans rematch after the first one. Let Wandy jump in and, if he does fight and beat Liddell, make a run at the LHW title first, and wait and see what happens with Ortiz since his contract's up after his next fight.
CiaoBaby
9/13/07 1:27:39PM
I don't want to see that crap fight at all! It sucked last time and is guarenteed to suck even harder the second time around!
loonytnt
9/13/07 1:43:24PM
a fight is a fight both guys worked hard for it and i dont think the fight as you say ''sucked'' both tito and evans trained hard and gave it there all so i think it will be a great fight
nubby
9/13/07 2:17:47PM
All I want is a 100% healthy Tito. I'm tired of his BS injuries getting in the way of his ability.
KYGUY07
9/13/07 2:44:18PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

I don't want to see that crap fight at all! It sucked last time and is guarenteed to suck even harder the second time around!

true i dontthink it will be any better tito will get him down and lay on him.
nubby
9/13/07 2:53:28PM

Posted by KYGUY07

Posted by CiaoBaby

true i dontthink it will be any better tito will get him down and lay on him.

Out of all the people who lay and do nothing, I think Ortiz is farthest from that. He may choose not to pass guard but he definitely keeps active while he's there. Would you consider what he did to Forrest laying and praying?
jae_1833
9/13/07 4:42:25PM
True... Tito of old used to accept his opponent pulling gaurd and destroy them with short punches and crisp elbows..He did not do this during the Evans fight...he was trying to pass...I think he should just start using more submissions if he is going to keep that up!!
jae_1833
9/13/07 5:08:11PM
Hey shamgar...No balls you say that to his face.
CiaoBaby
9/13/07 7:18:54PM
I used to be the biggest Ortiz fan and at heart I still am. Lately though he looks bad. I dont know if it's his training, attitude or just his skill. Every event I pray secretly to see him finish someone other than Ken Shamrock, but I just dont think he is the same fighter he used to be. I will always bet in his favor hoping to see the Tito of old, but I dont know I just dont think he will finish Evens this time either. I am expecting an Otiz W but a split in a long, heartless lack luster fight. Prove me wrong!
buryyourdead
9/13/07 8:29:36PM
much anticipated? that fight will suck balls just liek it did the first time. feed tito to wanderlei or some other guys who will whip his ass