Ortiz vs. Evans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ortiz vs. Evans
KEENAN9
3/25/07 6:18:40AM
I saw they they were suppost to fight but it didn't say when. So if you know at what UFC they are going to fight at please let me know.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/25/07 8:49:07AM
They will fight UFC 72 July 7th....

http://ufcjunkie.com/category/rashad-evans/
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/25/07 3:53:06PM
Rashad Evans by TKO is my opinion.
Lay_N_Pray
3/25/07 4:01:03PM
I don't think Tito has much of a chance against a wrestler who is better then he is. Tito isn't a great striker, either is Evans so if it goes to the ground which it will Evans will out-wrestle him and maybe even finish the fight with a TKO
mkiv9secsupra
3/25/07 8:41:26PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I don't think Tito has much of a chance against a wrestler who is better then he is. Tito isn't a great striker, either is Evans so if it goes to the ground which it will Evans will out-wrestle him and maybe even finish the fight with a TKO

but tito is A LOT better striker than evans...titos gonna push the pace, evans will be gassed by the end of round 2, tito gets the tko at the beginning of round 3
Ydoc
3/25/07 8:49:34PM
Hard one to call. I say if it goes to decision its Tito otherwise Rashad is going to finish.
Stickan
3/25/07 10:28:01PM
I can't recall a fight except for vs Couture where Tito wasn't the better wrestler and we all saw how it went vs Randy.

I think Rashad is more explosive, stronger, better wrestler and even has the better hands. Legkicks, knees and utilizing elbows goes to Tito though and the only way I see Tito winning this fight is by a doctors stoppage due to a cut.
Also I see Tito not being in this game and not being as motivated as he once was. I don't think he has the fire to become a champion again or to beat top level contenders.

Rashad by UD.

But please Tito-fans send me wagers when this fight is up
mkiv9secsupra
3/25/07 10:42:54PM

Posted by Stickan

I can't recall a fight except for vs Couture where Tito wasn't the better wrestler and we all saw how it went vs Randy.

I think Rashad is more explosive, stronger, better wrestler and even has the better hands. Legkicks, knees and utilizing elbows goes to Tito though and the only way I see Tito winning this fight is by a doctors stoppage due to a cut.
Also I see Tito not being in this game and not being as motivated as he once was. I don't think he has the fire to become a champion again or to beat top level contenders.

Rashad by UD.

better hands? did you not see Liddell/Ortiz 2? Ortiz outstruck liddell over half the fight. Explosive doesnt help when you cant finish fights either. Tito has improved a lot since his fight with randy so it wont be near the same as that match. You are right with the motivation tho. But rashad is not a top level contender just yet. Hes getting better.
hippysmacker
3/25/07 10:51:46PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Stickan

Rashad by UD.

better hands? did you not see Liddell/Ortiz 2? Ortiz outstruck liddell over half the fight. Explosive doesnt help when you cant finish fights either. Tito has improved a lot since his fight with randy so it wont be near the same as that match. You are right with the motivation tho. But rashad is not a top level contender just yet. Hes getting better.

I don't think You should use the Chuck fight as an example of outstriking anyone. Tito didn't throw many combos, just jabbed mostly, and Chuck had no fear of his power. It sure looked to me like he was sticking his chin out, trying to get Tito to engage with him. The best thing is we will find out soon who's right
I will also be looking for wagers on Rashad. No doubt Tito could win, but I think that last loss to Chuck will have the same effect Wandy did on Rampage. I could be wrong though.
KEENAN9
3/26/07 12:07:08AM
I got Tito by KO/stoppage in the 1st or 2nd.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/26/07 1:38:54AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Stickan

Rashad by UD.

I don't think You should use the Chuck fight as an example of outstriking anyone. Tito didn't throw many combos, just jabbed mostly, and Chuck had no fear of his power. It sure looked to me like he was sticking his chin out, trying to get Tito to engage with him. The best thing is we will find out soon who's right
I will also be looking for wagers on Rashad. No doubt Tito could win, but I think that last loss to Chuck will have the same effect Wandy did on Rampage. I could be wrong though.

Tito was outstriking chuck till chuck would turn it all around with 1 shot.....everyone is a little tentative against chuck,so we might see more that just jabs and some leg kicks this fight....

and whoever said Rashad has the better hands seems to forget that Sean Salmon was outstriking him the whole fight till he got KTFO..no way Rashad will land that kick on Tito.

i dont think the lose to chuck will affect tito the same way it affected Rampage when he lost to silva.....this normally only happens to fighters to get KO'd or severely beaten......he didnt get KO'd or beaten....if anything it was a bad stoppage and tito knows this and you all too..

as to whoever is the better wrestler...cant really tell just yet
migo
3/26/07 3:30:36AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

but tito is A LOT better striker than evans...titos gonna push the pace, evans will be gassed by the end of round 2, tito gets the tko at the beginning of round 3

Who has Tito KOed with a high kick... ever?
We_Todd_Did
3/27/07 3:35:58AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

......he didnt get KO'd or beaten....if anything it was a bad stoppage and tito knows this and you all too..

Trapt, I usually agree with your opinions (not just cuz you're my teammate), but c'mon bro, you aren't serious, are ya? As BJM so accurately put it one time "the fetal position is not intelligently defending yourself".Not one instance exists in my memory where a fighter came back and won from being curled up in a ball on the mat and being pummelled by a standing opponent while not even attempting to grab onto anything or move.He got soundly and decisively beaten, IMO.The only grounds for debating the stoppage seems to stem from the round 1 thrashing that he took which didn't result in a stoppage.The only thing that makes me think is that it should have been stopped in the 1st instead.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/27/07 5:17:22AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

......he didnt get KO'd or beaten....if anything it was a bad stoppage and tito knows this and you all too..

Trapt, I usually agree with your opinions (not just cuz you're my teammate), but c'mon bro, you aren't serious, are ya? As BJM so accurately put it one time "the fetal position is not intelligently defending yourself".Not one instance exists in my memory where a fighter came back and won from being curled up in a ball on the mat and being pummelled by a standing opponent while not even attempting to grab onto anything or move.He got soundly and decisively beaten, IMO.The only grounds for debating the stoppage seems to stem from the round 1 thrashing that he took which didn't result in a stoppage.The only thing that makes me think is that it should have been stopped in the 1st instead.

i respect your opinion,but im just calling it the way I saw it,and i know i am not alone in this....if you really reviewed the fight again after,there was no reason to stop the fight in the first round IMO..Tito was defending himself very well and pushing himself away from chuck with his feet and had his eyes on chuck the whole time....if he would of turned his back or there was a sign of him not being able to continue then it would of been a good stoppage....even when they stood the fight back up Tito was all there,he wasnt staggering or anything.

as for the stoppage Chuck was not hurting him,tito was covering himself up and Chuck didnt have much behind his punches anymore and gassing out....Vernon White was in the same position and overcame it.....as soon as the ref stepped in Tito was about to try to scramble out(or at least try to)...if they wouldnt of stopped it tito would of had a whole 2 rounds to work with......it was randy couture who said "going fetal is not intelligently defending yourself"....but it was also Randy Couture who said "He's not hurting him" then 2 sec later it was stopped.

Whatever it was,it left doubt in my mind....
keith-hackney1
3/27/07 6:00:44AM

Posted by KEENAN9

I saw they they were suppost to fight but it didn't say when. So if you know at what UFC they are going to fight at please let me know.

Ortiz 3rd round decision, prob another boring G& some P performance from tito. If tito wins this by another decision he will become very unpopular with fans.
This is make or break for him, big chance for rashad. be interesting.
ManBeast
3/27/07 7:26:43AM
I predict this:

*phone rings*

Rashad:Hello?
Tito: I'm letting you off the hook you TUF NOOB LULZ!11
Rashad: wtf?

*click*

Stickan
3/27/07 10:42:48AM

Posted by ManBeast

I predict this:

*phone rings*

Rashad:Hello?
Tito: I'm letting you off the hook you TUF NOOB LULZ!11
Rashad: wtf?

*click*

that one made my day!
BloodandTears
3/27/07 12:25:50PM
Give me Tito > Rashad by U.Dec.
nubby
3/27/07 1:36:10PM

Posted by migo

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Name a single top tier fighter Rashad has yet to fight. That leg kick was what noob stuff is made out of. Salmon was the better wrestler and striker in that fight until that kick. Anyone want to make some wagers on it?
Stickan
3/27/07 1:40:22PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by migo

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Name a single top tier fighter Rashad has yet to fight. That leg kick was what noob stuff is made out of. Salmon was the better wrestler and striker in that fight until that kick. Anyone want to make some wagers on it?

Well at least he's knocked down people with his hands. Tito barely wobbled Wandy once.. that's about it.

I'll wager against you for sure.
Lay_N_Pray
3/27/07 3:05:21PM
I'm not saying Rashad has fought better opponents, I'm not even saying he is a good striker. I am simply saying he is a better wrestler and his record at MSU proves that as does his fights so far in the UFC.

I just feel Rashad is a terrible matchup for Tito and that Ortiz would end up losing to him
nubby
3/27/07 3:16:50PM
The fight is definitely happening. As for being a better wrestler, everyone was talking up a storm about his wrestling and it didn't mean dick against Sean Salmon.
ManBeast
3/27/07 7:24:50PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by migo

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

wtf sean salmon was not the better striker in that fight...the better wrestler maybe.. but striking?....you think after seeing his failed bicycle kick you would think "wow this guy has no idea what he is doing"..
nubby
3/28/07 12:24:36PM
It was a praying mantis kick from karate kid, but the fact that he outstruck Rashad only makes my point more valid. Rashad is utter crap.