Organized Crime and MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Organized Crime and MMA
emfleek
8/11/09 4:28:37PM
The potential for an Ultimate Fighting Championship event to draw undesirable gangsters to downtown Vancouver is real, say police.

"It's a fact," said Sgt. Bill Whalen, spokesman for the combined forces special enforcement unit. "We've seen that UFC events attract some ... gang or organized crime members. It's popular with them."

STORY
Violence108
8/11/09 4:42:15PM
that may be ture but its not MMA's fault, the UFC doenst control who watches there events.
KaibaThedon
8/11/09 6:20:14PM
I know non-gangsters and gangsters that love to watch UFC... Such is life

Please come to Vancouver LOL
prozacnation1978
8/11/09 7:06:32PM
don't make me laugh organized crime in vancouver what do they all carry billy clubs!!
SociopathX
8/11/09 8:31:49PM
thats just plain stupid.... the bigger any sport gets the bigger mix of people go to the events.

I suppose there is no organized crime folks that attend NBA basketball or NFL Football events either.
thunderstruck
8/11/09 9:21:48PM
lol ..." i hear a ufc event will attract gangsters "... what alame generalized statement that is .
Aether
8/11/09 9:51:05PM
I guess the massive drug market and the cesspool that is east hastings isn't responsible for attracting organized crime though?

Give me a break.

The UFC will generate tons of revenue for the province, and Vancouver probably couldn't acquire any more gangsters than it already has. They more or less regulate each other's numbers.
State_Champ
8/13/09 9:15:45AM
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) operates 'Insite', North America's first legal injection site for drug users .....but asking for some UFC is just ureasonable!
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/13/09 9:34:29AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

don't make me laugh organized crime in vancouver what do they all carry billy clubs!!

obviously, youv'e never visited their streets
DCRage
8/13/09 9:50:54AM
The only place this is so much as a deal to Dana is Japan, even he's a little concerned about all the yakuza activity over there.
zephead
8/13/09 10:38:02AM

Here's a Little BC Organized Crime
CanadianCripplr
8/14/09 12:06:48AM

yah the HA carry billy clubs in the backseat of their Bentleys.The richest HA in the world are in BC. Not to mention the triads, big circle boys, chinese and russian mob, universal soldiers and the growing United Nations gang. Not to forget the indo canadians, but they mostly kill each other.
They own gyms and training centers and many legit business. I noticed a full patch HA with a 2-0 record on sherdog the other day.:so Id say they are supportive of mma....
heres an article saying BC is a world hub for organized crime.Kinda shows the complete ignorance in prozacs post. just use google if you need more proof...
http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080507_26032_26032