What organization is it easier to predict outcomes?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What organization is it easier to predict outcomes?
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 1:57:07AM
What organization do you guys think is easier to predict the outcome of Matches?

With all the crazy upsets recently in PRIDE im going to go with UFC being easier to pick winners, but PRIDE does have some pretty one sided match-ups

Your thoughts?
Trapt1nw0nder
3/10/07 2:11:28AM
only the past 2 ufc was it easy to predict outcomes....from now on i think it will be a challenge to predict the right fighters for the fights.....

Guillard/Stevenson
Mishima/Florian
Sanchez/Koscheck
Okami/Swick
Grove/Belcher
Herring/Imes
Sell/Leites
Arlovski/Werdum
Griffin/Machida

and this is just the next 3 events....its not like the last 2 events where they were just trying to cement their stars
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 3:12:35AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

only the past 2 ufc was it easy to predict outcomes....from now on i think it will be a challenge to predict the right fighters for the fights.....

Guillard/Stevenson
Mishima/Florian
Sanchez/Koscheck
Okami/Swick
Grove/Belcher
Herring/Imes
Sell/Leites
Arlovski/Werdum
Griffin/Machida

and this is just the next 3 events....its not like the last 2 events where they were just trying to cement their stars

Ya that card of fighters seem to be pretty evenly matched. I got a feeling im going to lose a lot of points for this event
Svartorm
3/10/07 3:31:55AM
I think its usually easier to call fights in Pride because they tend to have more one-sided matches and because of the 10 minute first round.
hippysmacker
3/10/07 4:28:52AM
I'm gonna go with pride also. That's a really good point about the longer 1rst round as regards to picking the round. It will come in handy when the fights are in Japan.
migo
3/10/07 5:44:35AM
Used to be UFC, now Pride. UFC is bringing in a lot of fighters from feeder orgs that are undefeated. It's hard to make predictions on a fighter you haven't seen when you can't figure out what they're more likely to lose to.
CWall33
3/10/07 6:28:05AM
I THOUGHT Pride was easier. Went 4 for 9 with my picks for 33. I have a feeling I'm not the only one that tanked that event.

Lots of 'unknowns' in the UFC lately (at least, mostly unknown to me). Picking a fight without ever having seen the fighter before is somewhat difficult.

For now, gonna have to say they are both hard as hell, as my record shows.
Broknmunky
3/10/07 9:02:07AM
UFC picks are easier for me since I tanked on Pride 33 but I agree that there are some new faces in UFC that are unfamiliar to me as well so I think it will prbably even out.
TheArchitect
3/10/07 3:40:14PM
We're saying "one-sided matchups" as though nog, silva, and gomi were one-sided. we place the label one sided, when in reality they may be everything but.

In my opinion, UFC is easier to predict because the fighters are fresh and its easier to draw conclusions about their level of technique and the reality of the fights direction.
madmarck
3/10/07 7:34:18PM
UFC events by far. The last 2 events i did wicked on. Then at Pride i got messed in the bottom bad by the upsets.
Huckit
3/10/07 7:44:18PM
pride because they have more name fighters. except the last show which was upset central
jocksmall
3/11/07 12:23:12AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

What organization do you guys think is easier to predict the outcome of Matches?

With all the crazy upsets recently in PRIDE im going to go with UFC being easier to pick winners, but PRIDE does have some pretty one sided match-ups

Your thoughts?

i agree
the main reason i side with pride most of the time on this tread is because the fights are more competitive. the fights you get are the ones the fans want to see ]