Org with most Top 10 fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Org with most Top 10 fighters
the-james
5/8/07 2:52:37PM
Top Ten

Ufc = 22 Top ten fighters: Sean Sherk, Matt Serra, GSP, Matt Hughes, Josh Koscheck, BJ Penn, Diego Sanchez, Karo Parisiyan, Jon Fitch, Anderson Silva, Rich Franklin, Nate Marquardt, Chuck Liddell,Tito Ortiz, Rampage, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Randy Couture, Gabe Gonzaga, Tim Sylvia, Arlovski and Fabricio Werdum.

PRIDE= 19 Top ten Fighters: Takanori Gomi, Hayato SAkurai, Gilbert Melendez, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Sinya Aoki, Joachim Hansen, Mitshiro Ishida, Paulo Fhilo, Dan Henderson , Denis Kang, Kazuo Misaki, Shogun, Wanderlai Silva, Sokoudjou, Ricardo Arona, Little Nog, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Fedor Emilienanko and Josh Barnett.

Bodog = 2 Top ten Fighters: Matt Lindland & Aleks Emilienanko

Icon = 2 Top Ten Fighters: Robbie Lawler & Frank Trigg

K1 Heros: 2 Top Ten Fighters: Kid Yamamoto & Vitor Ribeiro

Elite XC = 1 Top ten Fighter: Jake Sheilds

Shooto = 1 Top Ten Fighter: Akira Kikuchi

Interessting to see that the UFC now has more top 10 fighters than Pride, Although its hard to agree with any top ten list so this may not mean much, The one thing that struck me the most is that Pride only has 2 top ten heavyweights.

Rush
5/8/07 2:59:17PM

Posted by the-james

Top Ten

Interessting to see that the UFC now has more top 10 fighters than Pride, Although its hard to agree with any top ten list so this may not mean much, The one thing that struck me the most is that Pride only has 2 top ten heavyweights.

True, but look at the top UFC fighters.

Anderson Silva, Rampage, Big Nog, and Fabricio Werdum all used to be Pride fighters and easily have more fights in Pride than the UFC. In that sense I don't think it's totally correct to call them UFC fighters.

Also, where is Cro Cop?
the-james
5/8/07 3:01:34PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by the-james

Top Ten

True, but look at the top UFC fighters.

Anderson Silva, Rampage, Big Nog, and Fabricio Werdum all used to be Pride fighters and easily have more fights in Pride than the UFC. In that sense I don' tit's totally correct to call them UFC fighters.

Also, where is Cro Cop?

Thats completely true, but i made this to look at the current pool of talent in each org not the past. Thanks i guess i forgot cro cop
AchillesHeel
5/8/07 3:25:42PM
Mark Hunt.

the-james
5/8/07 3:26:29PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Mark Hunt.

Not Top Ten according to mma weekly
where i took the rankings
AchillesHeel
5/8/07 3:33:19PM

Posted by the-james

Posted by AchillesHeel

Mark Hunt.

Oh, I thought you were using MMA Playground's rankings. MMA Weekly's rankings make me mad. I powerslam MMA Weekly's rankings...

the-james
5/8/07 3:38:16PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by the-james

Posted by AchillesHeel

Mark Hunt.

Oh, I thought you were using MMA Playground's rankings. MMA Weekly's rankings make me mad. I powerslam MMA Weekly's rankings...

Yeah im not a huge fan of MMA Weeklys rankings either, it makes me mad that guys like Nick Diaz and Yushin Okami arnt in the rankings and guys like Frank Trigg are but i didnt want to use mma playgrounds because alot of people put their fav fighters higher than they sould be.
Buddharox
5/8/07 4:06:07PM
You're forgetting something: There is no 170lb division in Pride.
AdamG
5/8/07 4:31:26PM
I think that this year, above all, has shown that rankings are best guesses. Most of us have based our predictions this year on rankings, and look where they got us! I'm beginning to find rankings to be hot air, and watching MMA is really about the fight itself, and rankings distract us from that. Terms like "A Puncher's Chance" and "Any Given Sunday (Saturday in MMA's case" have taken on new meaning with every event we've seen this year. Fighters move up the ladder based on their opponents and success, but there doesn't seem to be a variable that deals with the upset, and until we figure that out, rankings will change ever quickly.
AchillesHeel
5/8/07 4:35:21PM

Posted by Buddharox

You're forgetting something: There is no 170lb division in Pride.

Good point. 7-9 of the UFC guys listed are or were Welterweights.
Rush
5/8/07 5:19:34PM

Posted by AdamG

I think that this year, above all, has shown that rankings are best guesses. Most of us have based our predictions this year on rankings, and look where they got us! I'm beginning to find rankings to be hot air, and watching MMA is really about the fight itself, and rankings distract us from that. Terms like "A Puncher's Chance" and "Any Given Sunday (Saturday in MMA's case" have taken on new meaning with every event we've seen this year. Fighters move up the ladder based on their opponents and success, but there doesn't seem to be a variable that deals with the upset, and until we figure that out, rankings will change ever quickly.

Good point. I deal with a single upset by moving a fighter (the winner) up in the rankings a bit, but I don't harshly penalize the loser. In my rankings a fighter needs to show some consistency to move considerably up or down the rankings. i.e. my rankings are not "flavour of the month" rankings
loller90278
5/8/07 8:01:02PM
we should view this thread in about a year or two when pride has set up the WW division and theres competition there..
Ultimate_fighter
5/8/07 8:48:29PM
Frank Shamrock Elite XC?... What about him??
the-james
5/8/07 10:22:27PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

umm deffinitly not top ten
tomp6581
5/9/07 5:06:14AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

because it is not 1999
nate22
5/9/07 5:54:14AM
lol at the Frank Shamrock comments, he has a long way to go before he makes anybodys top ten list again.
AchillesHeel
5/9/07 5:46:58PM

Posted by nate22

lol at the Frank Shamrock comments, he has a long way to go before he makes anybodys top ten list again.

Even his IFL team is getting schooled...
wkm311
5/11/07 8:01:44AM
Since when are Frank Trigg and Robbie lawler top ten fighters?
the-james
5/12/07 4:29:00PM

Posted by wkm311

Since when are Frank Trigg and Robbie lawler top ten fighters?

Since Triigg beat Mayhem and Misaki

and Lawler destroyed Trigg