#OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » #OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv
« Previous Page
warglory
1/28/12 6:42:03PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Overall, this whole cherade by Anonymous only reinforces what Dana had to say. I don't understand what they are trying to prove here. It's silly.

Also, Anon tried to talk to Dana. Dana called THEM out. They asked him what his deal was and why they were being singled out. UGNazi's were the ones that originally hacked the UFC, but Dana saw fit to call out Anonymous.

They politely asked him what his deal was and he ran his mouth to them. They asked him for an apology and he refused to give one. Dana picked the fight. As a fight promoter he should be aware of what happens when you call someone out.

As Anonymous said, "we accept your fight, Dana. Our martial art: the internet."

Anonymous is an activist movement, or at least it's supposed to be. This is petty BS that serves no purpose. Who cares if Dana White called them out? Dana White talks shit to a lot of people.

If you call someone out, expect a fight. Always been that way.

Maybe on Jerry Springer, but not when your entire existence as a movement is to call out corruption and injustice. Anonymous look like a bunch of hacker dweebs now.
warglory
1/28/12 6:49:40PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

Dana's fortunate that they haven't messed with a live broadcast yet. Though we still have weigh-ins and and some live fights to get through this weekend. Don't poke the bear, Dana. Not worth it.

Anonymous would be wise to steer clear of that. It's one thing when you mess with the govt, but when you mess with major corporations whose bread and butter is broadcasting, their stretch would be limitless. Defacing a website is one thing, but messing with a live broadcast that has advertising implications, pissing off Fox (owned by Murdoch) and the UFC combined would be a bad idea.

I don't follow

I also don't think he realizes that the Mexican Cartels are already looking for Anonymous because they began attacking them. A pissed off Murdoch isn't exactly any more of a threat than anything Anonymous is facing right now.

The cartels aren't tracking Anonymous anymore, because Anonymous publicly stated they aren't intending to expose them any longer after caving into threats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/anonymous-cancels-operations-against-drug-cartel-say-kidnapped-member-has-been-found/2011/11/04/gIQA11SzmM_blog.html
bjj1605
1/29/12 1:42:06AM

Posted by warglory

I'm well aware of what a denial of service attack is, as well as other hacking strategies. And I didn't just mention UFC in my post for reason, I mentioned FOX and other affiliates based on advertising.

FOX alone, or should I say Rupert Murdoch, is much more fearsome and powerful than any other of the private organizations that you listed. And the hacking done at the CIA wasn't bad enough, because if it was an issue of national security, the Anonymous power structure would cease to exist in a month. But the government aside, Murdoch has a lot more leverage than the government, because when you fuck with his shit, he has all the recourse in the world at his fingertips.

Messing with a live, and very profitable stream on a FOX network would be stupid.

The explanation stuff wasn't necessarily directed at you. I'm not trying to sound like I know more about the topic than you. I just mentioned that information because I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't super familiar with hacking or Anonymous.

We'll all have a better conversation if we're all informed.

Anyway, I strongly disagree with you.

Bank Of America and Visa (especially combined) are two of the most powerful companies in the world. And they deal with money. Murdoch deals mostly in entertainment and news.

I'd be more scared of the worlds largest bank than the largest entertainment conglomerate.
BustedKnuckle
1/29/12 9:32:50AM

Posted by prophecy033

Does the government not have anyone who can catch these guys? I mean, I know these hackers are good but come on, we must have guys just as good on the payroll.

On a side note, I think this shits hilarious

I am pretty sure "the goverment" has bigger fish to fry than who's screwing with......ALMIGHTY DANA WHITE! I hope these guys keep on Dana
Pages: 1 [2]