#OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » #OpUFC: Anonymous Answers Dana White's Challenge, Hacks UFC.tv
Next Page »
FastKnockout
1/27/12 2:34:57PM
UFC president Dana White responded to last weekend's hacking of UFC.com by hackers apparently unrelated to Anonymous by calling out the hacker organization and daring them to attack the UFC again. Careful what you wish for. We posted last night on Dana White's personal information being posted on the Internet by hackers. The attacks were ramped up over night with UFC.tv being defaced after White's Twitter beef with Anonymous members.

LINK
FastKnockout
1/27/12 2:35:50PM
BeeR
1/27/12 4:00:01PM
@ DW, just let it go dude.
grappler0000
1/27/12 4:13:07PM
Dana's fortunate that they haven't messed with a live broadcast yet. Though we still have weigh-ins and and some live fights to get through this weekend. Don't poke the bear, Dana. Not worth it.
prophecy033
1/27/12 4:45:38PM
Does the government not have anyone who can catch these guys? I mean, I know these hackers are good but come on, we must have guys just as good on the payroll.

On a side note, I think this shits hilarious
warglory
1/27/12 4:47:13PM

Posted by grappler0000

Dana's fortunate that they haven't messed with a live broadcast yet. Though we still have weigh-ins and and some live fights to get through this weekend. Don't poke the bear, Dana. Not worth it.

Anonymous would be wise to steer clear of that. It's one thing when you mess with the govt, but when you mess with major corporations whose bread and butter is broadcasting, their stretch would be limitless. Defacing a website is one thing, but messing with a live broadcast that has advertising implications, pissing off Fox (owned by Murdoch) and the UFC combined would be a bad idea.

Overall, this whole cherade by Anonymous only reinforces what Dana had to say. I don't understand what they are trying to prove here. It's silly.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/27/12 4:59:34PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

Anonymous would be wise to steer clear of that. It's one thing when you mess with the govt, but when you mess with major corporations whose bread and butter is broadcasting, their stretch would be limitless. Defacing a website is one thing, but messing with a live broadcast that has advertising implications, pissing off Fox (owned by Murdoch) and the UFC combined would be a bad idea.

Overall, this whole cherade by Anonymous only reinforces what Dana had to say. I don't understand what they are trying to prove here. It's silly.

Anonymous is a massive collective spread out throughout the globe. It's not like they can just track these dudes down and they'll give each other up. They are called Anonymous for a reason.
KungFuMaster
1/27/12 4:59:52PM
These hackers are good - in fact, great.

If Dana can goad them to hack the ufc's website, maybe I can aggravate them to do something for me.

I dare you, hackers, to put all ufc events for free on regular tv.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/27/12 5:03:29PM

Posted by warglory

Also, Anon tried to talk to Dana. Dana called THEM out. They asked him what his deal was and why they were being singled out. UGNazi's were the ones that originally hacked the UFC, but Dana saw fit to call out Anonymous.

They politely asked him what his deal was and he ran his mouth to them. They asked him for an apology and he refused to give one. Dana picked the fight. As a fight promoter he should be aware of what happens when you call someone out.

As Anonymous said, "we accept your fight, Dana. Our martial art: the internet."
grappler0000
1/27/12 5:13:47PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow
BlueSkiesBurn
1/27/12 5:15:32PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

I think he's saying that they'll hire "guns" to find out who these guys are. Like the DOJ, FBI, and NSA aren't already trying to find them as it is.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/27/12 5:16:58PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

I also don't think he realizes that the Mexican Cartels are already looking for Anonymous because they began attacking them. A pissed off Murdoch isn't exactly any more of a threat than anything Anonymous is facing right now.
machodog76
1/27/12 6:10:41PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Also, Anon tried to talk to Dana. Dana called THEM out. They asked him what his deal was and why they were being singled out. UGNazi's were the ones that originally hacked the UFC, but Dana saw fit to call out Anonymous.

They politely asked him what his deal was and he ran his mouth to them. They asked him for an apology and he refused to give one. Dana picked the fight. As a fight promoter he should be aware of what happens when you call someone out.

I love it.
Bubbles
1/27/12 6:14:25PM
Sir_Karl
1/27/12 6:35:37PM
With the rapid evolution of technology and the internet I think it is safe to say that things like buying music, buying DVDs and PPVS will eventually be part of the past. This is something that the greedy money sucking corporations are just going to have to deal with. In my eyes money is the root of all evil and the corporations are as evil as it gets. Money supersedes everything when it comes to corporations. Freedom means nothing. Life means nothing. The environment means nothing. Justice means nothing etc etc The bottom line (profit) means everything. This is one of a zillion reasons why I am a staunch anti-capitalist.
Lesnar1
1/27/12 10:13:50PM
It'll be funny seeing how Dana reacts to this
deck15
1/28/12 12:08:41AM
I think this could end bad for all of us. Messing with a major corp and Dana fanning the flame could have all these bills passed. In the mean time some kid will take the fall for this and there will always be hackers doing their thing and we'll be the 1s without craigslist and a lot of other sites id like to have.
bjj1605
1/28/12 12:12:10AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

They have attacked much bigger and more powerful people than the UFC.

They've hacked visa, amazon, the CIA, Sony, Bank of America ect. ect.

The trick is, this isn't a few master hackers that they will some day be able to track down.

Its a mostly "anonymous" group thats very large. Most of the members aren't actually hackers themselves. Those that are hackers have created tools for those that aren't.

There's something called a "denial of service" attack. Basically, you overwhelm a website with traffic. Anonymous has a whole network of people who have voluntarily lent remote access to their computers. They also have trickier ways of getting people to contribute. You could click on a link thats actually an anonymous trap and your computer could contribute to a DoS attack without you ever knowing it.

There is also something called the Low Orbit Ion Cannon. This software essentially enables anyone to use a DoS attack even with no hacking knowledge.

Can't stop the signal.
bjj1605
1/28/12 12:17:58AM
double post
VILLIN
1/28/12 2:09:31AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

The same group that hacked the FBI and NATO are supposed to fear Fox and the UFC?

Adrenaline
1/28/12 2:55:51AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

I don't follow

I think he's saying that they'll hire "guns" to find out who these guys are. Like the DOJ, FBI, and NSA aren't already trying to find them as it is.

To be fair, members of Anonymous have been caught and continue to be caught. Albiet is a small number compared to how many people participate in the anonymous "ops". I understand what you are saying, the UFC is small potatoes compared to having the DOJ, FBI and drug cartels after you, but what Warglory says is true none the less, it's not like the Zuffa is going to take having its assets hacked lying down. It might be extremely hard to track these guys down, but make no mistake, they are not invincible some of them are pro's and some of them are just wannabe hackers that make mistakes. Anon really does not have a whole lot to fear from the UFC/ Zuffa but the more times you reach your hand in to the cookie jar (especially when they are watching) the more likely it is you will get caught. I highly doubt they catch anyone of value but anon is not untoucheable. Anon does alot of cool things, and they need to stick to that. Picking on DW is funny in a way but it really does nothing for the bigger picture.
warglory
1/28/12 10:01:22AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

They have attacked much bigger and more powerful people than the UFC.

They've hacked visa, amazon, the CIA, Sony, Bank of America ect. ect.

The trick is, this isn't a few master hackers that they will some day be able to track down.

Its a mostly "anonymous" group thats very large. Most of the members aren't actually hackers themselves. Those that are hackers have created tools for those that aren't.

There's something called a "denial of service" attack. Basically, you overwhelm a website with traffic. Anonymous has a whole network of people who have voluntarily lent remote access to their computers. They also have trickier ways of getting people to contribute. You could click on a link thats actually an anonymous trap and your computer could contribute to a DoS attack without you ever knowing it.

There is also something called the Low Orbit Ion Cannon. This software essentially enables anyone to use a DoS attack even with no hacking knowledge.

Can't stop the signal.

I'm well aware of what a denial of service attack is, as well as other hacking strategies. And I didn't just mention UFC in my post for reason, I mentioned FOX and other affiliates based on advertising.

FOX alone, or should I say Rupert Murdoch, is much more fearsome and powerful than any other of the private organizations that you listed. And the hacking done at the CIA wasn't bad enough, because if it was an issue of national security, the Anonymous power structure would cease to exist in a month. But the government aside, Murdoch has a lot more leverage than the government, because when you fuck with his shit, he has all the recourse in the world at his fingertips.

Messing with a live, and very profitable stream on a FOX network would be stupid.
warglory
1/28/12 10:04:25AM

Posted by VILLIN

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

The same group that hacked the FBI and NATO are supposed to fear Fox and the UFC?

Maybe you should read up on Rupert Murdoch and just how powerful he is before calling me a troll.
warglory
1/28/12 10:23:15AM
emfleek
1/28/12 10:51:49AM
Bubbles
1/28/12 1:10:32PM
BigBadAl
1/28/12 2:36:56PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by VILLIN

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

Maybe you should read up on Rupert Murdoch and just how powerful he is before calling me a troll.

Not a troll, but very wrong.

I think I would rather piss off RM than any government.
warglory
1/28/12 6:27:03PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Anonymous is an activist movement, or at least it's supposed to be. This is petty BS that serves no purpose. Who cares if Dana White called them out? Dana White talks shit to a lot of people.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/28/12 6:28:03PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Anonymous is an activist movement, or at least it's supposed to be. This is petty BS that serves no purpose. Who cares if Dana White called them out? Dana White talks shit to a lot of people.

If you call someone out, expect a fight. Always been that way.
warglory
1/28/12 6:35:07PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by warglory

Posted by VILLIN

Posted by warglory

Posted by grappler0000

Not a troll, but very wrong.

I think I would rather piss off RM than any government.

How am I wrong?

Of course if Anonymous caused actual national security issues, that would give the FBI and CIA pretty much unlimited powers to hunt them down, but until then, they have to answer to a bureaucracy. Murdoch doesn't have to answer to anyone and can throw his significant power around if he felt these guys were seriously infringing on his business interests.

I don't care how good of a hacker you may be, everyone leaves a trail, and it can be followed with the right resources.
Pages: [1] 2