possible opponents for tim sylvia at ufc 77?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » possible opponents for tim sylvia at ufc 77?
ufc88
7/24/07 9:07:47PM
who are tim's possible opponents?
kimoron
7/24/07 9:11:21PM
i'd like to see sylvia and werdum go at it. it would be interesting to see how tim gets the knot out of his arm after the fight.
CwB
7/24/07 9:14:27PM
He is a former champ they will most likely give him an easy fight, i wish they would give him CC, lets see how high CC can kick, and lets hope we dont get Tim vs AA 4
hardhitta513
7/24/07 9:22:27PM
if their tryin to c if he still belongs i'd say brandon vera, if they wanna show him an easy victory i'd say werdom but anythin sept andrei vs. tim 4..but yet that fight makes sense.
grappler0000
7/24/07 9:25:32PM
I can see them putting in somone like Brad Imes or Christian Wellisch.
Boo_Radley21
7/24/07 9:31:36PM
They should give him a big name guy instead of someone easy so maybe he'll fight more agressive.
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/07 9:50:03PM
Its not going to be Andrei they've already had their 3 fights so why would they fight again when its not for the title.

here are my possible opponents for Tim

Brandon Vera
Eddie Sanchez
Heath Herring
Big Nog
Fabricio Werdum
Boo_Radley21
7/24/07 9:53:48PM
I say Nogueira of all those choices. It would give Tim a chance to show he can beat some of the high ranked guys and it would give Nogueira a chance to put on a better show than his debut.
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/07 10:02:34PM
then that will see where those two fighters stand.

if big nog beats him, possibly a title shot

if tim wins, he's still got it, work his way back to top contenders spot
Boo_Radley21
7/24/07 10:09:21PM
Yea. I think if that fight were to stay standing Tim would definitely win, but if Nogueira took him down it would be over. That's just my opinion though and they both have those strengths.
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/07 10:17:57PM
Yeah im just not sure, how strong tim is going to be after that back surgery and how good his takedown is going to be with that back surgery.

But I guess we'll see what Joe Silva has got up his sleeve for Tim.
Boo_Radley21
7/24/07 10:28:19PM
I can't remember, is that the same injury he had and made a point of after the Couture fight?
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/07 10:33:59PM
Yeah
MoJoy
7/24/07 11:28:12PM
This is a great topic, when I think of a proper opponent for him first and foremost if Brandon Vera is signed by then, or sooner of course, it's him. If it's a meandering issue, considering timing, and level I think

he fights Big Nog, at this point in a stacked heavywieght division we don't need filler up fights than a title rematch, rather enough fights can be made that the contestants involved would still have to win matches first than get a title shot. They are both established veterans, could Tim win, yeah, especially after watching the last UFC, but I think Big Nog takes him to the ground and submits him.

he fights Fabrcio Werdum, as awkward and reluctant as he looked against Andrei, who is an incredibly imposing figure ya'll, he is very skilled and has fought and beaten some quality heavywieghts. This fights I would not bet on either way but don't be surprised if Fabricio where to win with a submission or decision.

he fights Alexsander Emeliananko cause I referred to it in my other thread.

What the MMA'ers out there think?
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/07 12:32:01AM
What about Eddie Sanchez, I mean I know I've counted him out of every fight but 2-1, with two ko's. I mean he could be a possible opponent because Sanchez likes to stand and trade punches.
Manfred
7/25/07 1:00:48AM

Posted by CwB

He is a former champ they will most likely give him an easy fight, i wish they would give him CC, lets see how high CC can kick, and lets hope we dont get Tim vs AA 4

He reached Aleks E. pretty easily and Tim is only slightly taller than him (2'' I think)

I'd be "Battle of the Upset Victims"

I'd like to see Tim vs. Herring
JunCTion
7/25/07 1:24:30AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by CwB

He reached Aleks E. pretty easily and Tim is only slightly taller than him (2'' I think)

I'd be "Battle of the Upset Victims"

I'd like to see Tim vs. Herring

tim - herring would be nice. all stand up and herring would not let it be a boring fight at this point in his ufc career.

i cant believe all the people that actually think that tim could beat nog. what are you thinking?!
cowcatcher
7/25/07 8:54:30AM

Posted by hardhitta513

if their tryin to c if he still belongs i'd say brandon vera, if they wanna show him an easy victory i'd say werdom but anythin sept andrei vs. tim 4..but yet that fight makes sense.

werdum would be an easy victory???? maybe youve only seen werdum fight AA. FYI werdum beat everyones flavor of the week GG fairly convincingly(it was a great match but GG gassed) and is one hell of a BJJ fighter. it would be an interesting matchup though and i really think it would be a pick em
Violentcuv
7/25/07 9:55:22AM
I would like to see him go up against either Heath or Brandon Vera (if they can work it out)
Ultimate_fighter
7/25/07 3:59:56PM
I believe Fedor, or someone like werdum.. possibly Big Nog...
masodd
7/27/07 9:38:19PM
i think it will be brandon vera
Violence108
7/27/07 9:48:50PM
Tim S vs Heath Herring would be a go fight i think
ultimatefighter33
7/28/07 3:29:35AM
they should bring fedor' s not so lil bro and put him against big tim or bring josh barnett that would be awesome