Possible opponents for Clementi?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Possible opponents for Clementi?
pinoymixplaya
8/13/08 11:48:13PM
I think Rich would have a good fight with Matt Wiman, Gray Maynard, Joe Lauzon, Clay Guida, Hermes Franca, or maybe if he is up to it, Roger Huerta...

What do you guys think?
ChokeUout
8/14/08 12:14:50AM
Lauzon, Guida and Franca all have opponets lined up.

THe one guy who makes the most sense for me is Frankie Edgar.
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/08 12:18:06AM
Yeah those three guys have opponents and rich is suppose to be fighting at ufc 90 so can scratch them out.

there can be edgar,cole miller, wiman, jeremy stephens, oh yeah or gray maynard.

Im going to be suprised who they throw at him because i have no clue at this point, im not sure if they will give him a higher opponent or a lower one
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/14/08 12:26:35AM
Gray Maynard was the first one that popped into my mind. Haven't seen him in awhile. A win for either of these two against the other would be a very quality win, IMO.
Mayhem13
8/14/08 12:42:54AM
Greys scheduled to fight at 90..I think this fight makes sense.
jiujitsufreak74
8/14/08 12:51:36AM
i would like to see him fight Huerta in the future. it would be a true testament to see if Huerta is for real or that he really did get "lucky" when he beat Guida (Florian beating him just proved that Florian is a top LW, not so mich that Huerta isn't). i really like Clementi and i hope he makes bigger waves at 155. his well rounded and can win the fight in multiple ways. i don't think he could ever be a top 10 LW but he has a legitimate chance to be top 20. i always root for him in his fights and hopefully he can string a few more wins together.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/14/08 4:02:36AM
Rob Emmerson
fonduktoe
8/14/08 4:59:04AM
the only hypothetical opponent you mentioned that isn't either booked already or coming off a recent fight is gray maynard
ironically this is the matchup that makes the most sense
mrkennedy
8/14/08 5:15:39AM
gray maynard or frankie edgar
Khaos
8/14/08 8:11:39AM
I think Rob Emerson, Cementi wants a name opponent and Emerson needs to prove how good he REALLY is.
DiabloFreak56
8/14/08 10:07:00AM
i would love to see him fight cole miller.
billycarnage
8/14/08 12:44:05PM
Jeremy Stephens would be a great fight stylistically. There would be a lot of action on the ground and standing. I could see this fight happening.
copcopps
8/14/08 12:44:24PM
Emerson sucks in my opinion. He got lucky that Manny just charged into him and Emerson being the superior striker just beat him down.

I love Clementi, he's one of my favorite fighters (not in top 10, but pretty damn close) and I would love to see him against Maynard
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/14/08 11:26:45PM
Cole Miller and Jeremy Stevens are also very good choices...maybe even Josh Neer after his upcomming fight with Nate. However I think Emmerson would be the best opponent PPV wise...all other's are likely to be undercarded.
ziegler3334
8/14/08 11:34:08PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Cole Miller and Jeremy Stevens are also very good choices...maybe even Josh Neer after his upcomming fight with Nate. However I think Emmerson would be the best opponent PPV wise...all other's are likely to be undercarded.

I bet your right, but thats ridiculous. emerson is the weakest fighter thats been mentioned here. his best, and most likely draw is gray maynard. gray recently beat frankie edgar so hes moving up the ladder. it would be a big win for him over rich, but a HUGE win for rich if he can pull it off.
nickcuc547
8/14/08 11:35:53PM
gray maynard, two guys who are trying to break into the title picture.