opinion on silva vs. hendo has really changed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » opinion on silva vs. hendo has really changed
SexPanther
11/29/07 4:55:19PM
Many thought hendo would rape silva before.

But just recently after defending against marquart and franklin again people's opinions lately have been "silva will take hendo out".

I have to agree with them,silva has really impressed me. I think silva will make up for his wrestling disadvantage with his freaky skills and beat hendo down.

if it go's to a decision tho i have to give the fight to hendo.
wolfman
11/29/07 4:59:00PM
I think Hendo will take this one. Hendo has never been knocked out and I don't see Silva knocking him out. This fight will go to decision, Hendo by UD.
warglory
11/29/07 5:13:01PM
Silva has freaky abilities, but so doesn't Hendo. He can get out of trouble better than any other fighter I have seen. He is more well rounded than Anderson is I think (meaning I think he is a better ground practitioner than Silva is). I See Hendo taking this one.
pv3Hpv3p
11/29/07 5:18:08PM
I don't see this as an easy fight for either man, but Hendo takes it... Probably by UD... Maybe by kimura late, when Anderson tires
jiujitsufreak74
11/29/07 5:29:54PM
Hendo certainly has the best chance to beat silva without a doubt, but anyone who said hendo would "rape" silva just doesn't know what they are talking about. i personally see silva winning this one by UD or maybe even a KO (unlikely) in the 4th round. i just can't pick against him at this point in time, however i really wouldn't be surprised if hendo controls the fight with his greeco and superior strength to eek out a UD. still, i have to say silva will win with his superior striking and solid JJ although this will be one fight to remember.
Mattchupichu
11/29/07 5:43:50PM
I think Hendo might be nearing the end of his career. He ain't getting any younger and Rampage was outstriking him. Silva has very legitimate submission skills and Henderson has been submitted before. People forget that Silva has never been TKO'd either.
tuvok500
11/29/07 5:54:18PM
I don't think that this fight will go the distance, i pick Silva rd 2 ko, but even if i was picking Hendo, i would picks rd 3 tko .

there style is so different that something will happen for sure.

it is not like 2 top wrestlers who stalemate each other on every move for 5 rd , i don't see this fight reaching the 4 rd , and i tihnk it is a maximun.

even if our picks are close, it doesn't mean that the fight will be close.

good fight for sure, but not necessary full distance.

keith-hackney1
11/29/07 6:08:08PM
Hendo's only slight weakness is fighting from his back, the noguiera brothers have both submitted him there. As silva is the most awesome striker in the whole of mma now, i think the fight will be decided from the ground. I give the advantage to anderson as he has a bjj black belt by noguiera. The noguiera bro's have both arm barred henderson in pridefc. I think henderson is awesome and deadly all round, he can pull it off without a doubt. I really wanna see hendo hold a belt in the ufc, at the same time, i just think anderson silva is the best in the world at middleweight. Tough one to call, i doubt the odds on this fight will be to any advantage to either fighter. i call silva by submission in 4th or 5th round.
SexPanther
11/29/07 6:17:54PM
Either hendo by ud or silva by ko or triangle choke.

If anyone finishes this fight i think its gonna be silva.
pv3Hpv3p
11/29/07 6:20:55PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Hendo's only slight weakness is fighting from his back, the noguiera brothers have both submitted him there. As silva is the most awesome striker in the whole of mma now, i think the fight will be decided from the ground. I give the advantage to anderson as he has a bjj black belt by noguiera. The noguiera bro's have both arm barred henderson in pridefc. I think henderson is awesome and deadly all round, he can pull it off without a doubt. I really wanna see hendo hold a belt in the ufc, at the same time, i just think anderson silva is the best in the world at middleweight. Tough one to call, i doubt the odds on this fight will be to any advantage to either fighter. i call silva by submission in 4th or 5th round.

I actually just rewatched the Hendo / Big Nog fight from Pride 24 last night... All I have to say is it took the majority of 3 rounds for Big Nog, touted by many as the having the best BJJ at HW, to submit Dan...

It took a much bigger man (Hendo came in weighing about 194, Nog about 234) that long to wear Dan down and finally pull of the sub... There must have been at least 3 solid subs that Rodrigo had what looked to be locked on and Dan got out... Even had some nice GnP and good-enough standup... And the amazing part was how he was able to actually POWER out of these submissions by what should have been a much stronger fighter!

Before anyone makes a judgement on Dan Henderson's suseptability to subs they have to actually watch this fight at least...

Even though Anderson's been trained by Nog; Silva's jj << either nogueira bro.... Dan has always had trouble with bigger guys, not the case in this fight, he will be the stronger man in this fight...

SexPanther
11/29/07 6:24:06PM
Silva has got those slick pimp moves and those powerfull spaghetti legs, he might be able to sub dan.

Tho i would bet against it if i was betting.
Pitbull09
11/29/07 6:32:38PM
I have always been alittle against Anderson jsut because I dont tthink he has truly fought an A level fighter who relies on his ground skills. If you look at the 5 fights he has has in the UFC, 1 was to Chris Leben (Possibly B level at that time and one that relied on striking), Rich Franklin x2 (A guy who was A level and got most of his wins from KO's), Nate Marquate (Do I need to say that hes a striker?), and Travis Lutter (Only guy to have a be known for his ground game but imo a B to C level fighter.)

During his fight with Lutter, Silva almost got caught and that shows to me that once he gets challenged with a good fighter that has ground game (Henderson), the flaw in his game will be revealed.

I have always though Henderson was better but if Silva wins this, he is no doubt the best Middleweight.

Henderson all the way!
ufcboss
11/30/07 2:45:16AM
Silva hand's Henderson his first KO.

SexPanther
12/1/07 1:42:25AM
If hendo stands and bangs with silva he will get picked apart and knocked out.

He must rely on his powerfull wrestling ability to win this fight If he is to win.

If hendo starts swinking and throws those haymakers siva will find his mark
warglory
12/2/07 1:23:06AM

Posted by SexPanther

If hendo stands and bangs with silva he will get picked apart and knocked out.

He must rely on his powerfull wrestling ability to win this fight If he is to win.

If hendo starts swinking and throws those haymakers siva will find his mark

Hendo stood with Wanderlei and knocked him out. I think Dan will be just fine standing up. I wouldn't even be surprised if he KOed Silva.
mkiv9secsupra
12/2/07 2:48:14AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

there is no way Hendo is ending up on his back in this fight. Everytime it goes to the ground it will be Henderson putting them there. And on top i think Hendo can at LEAST LnP his way to a win.
SexPanther
12/2/07 12:39:29PM
One part of me says:

hendo will repeatedly take anderson down, use hit hard chin to avoid being ko'd and win a decision.

part of me says:

anderson will have enough time on the feet to expose hendo's wild aggresive striking, catch him and put him away.Also that hendo's greco roman wrestling will be harder to utilize with silva's deadly clinch game.
Silva by ko.