My opinion on Roop vs Polakowski

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My opinion on Roop vs Polakowski
mrkennedy
11/20/08 12:21:24PM
nog was not happy with the decision and i cant figure why

Roop won the first round standing and on the ground.

the second round polakowski rocked him a couple of time but roop was countering by landing hook,upercut and knee after that roop take the fight to the ground where he was clearly dominating polakowski.

i saw that fight 20-18 in favor of roop

sorry for the gramar and the spelling im late to school
juanez13
11/20/08 12:24:42PM
agree. Pol was winning the secong round in the stand up, almost finishing it, but he gave up his back for the last 2 minutes of the fight. Decision was fine. Although I dont think Roop has a good chance getting to the finals. Wasnt impressed by either.
bullettdodger
11/20/08 12:35:57PM
Yeah, I was not too impressed, but I would have enjoyed seeing one more round. One more round would have most likely given us a stoppage either way.
loller90278
11/20/08 12:58:34PM
i dunno, roop impressed me a heck of a lot more than junie..
aaa9erh8er
11/20/08 1:27:25PM

Posted by loller90278

i dunno, roop impressed me a heck of a lot more than junie..

i was realy unimpressed with junie the finals in the LW i think will be efrain/nover. and as far as the big boys go i think those will be some good fights
Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 1:31:05PM
Junie would bust Roops ass....

But I'm not sure he is going to have the chance, Junie might lose his next one and Roop probally will too....
Hendo67
11/20/08 1:52:25PM
Either way, those two are worthless fighters, imo.
Twenty20Dollars
11/20/08 3:22:50PM
Pol should have tko'd Roop but in the second they both looked winded and Pol kept trying to clinch and rest instead of keep punching Pol.

I think Roop should have fought Roli that would have been a better fight. Then Pola vs Junie.

Junie vs Nover in the finals that's unless Junie gets kicked off.
DevonFoxy
11/20/08 3:30:13PM
Sorry but I dont see Junie being able to beat Efrain. I see an all Nog LW finals Efrain vs Nover which is gonna be an amazing fight imo.
Wolfenstein
11/20/08 4:08:33PM
I thought Roop did a pretty good job fighting with a crippled hand, and for Pol to lose the first round fighting against a guy with only one hand...well it just goes to show he doesn't belong there.

I wasn't impressed by either fighter, and the next time we see Roop fight I expect it to be his last.
nickcuc547
11/20/08 6:40:44PM
it was close but i think john won the second round. roop did take his back but he didn't do anything, polokowski did far more damage at the beginning of the round with his strikes than roop did on the ground.
emfleek
11/21/08 8:46:07AM
I think Mir must've been drunk. He thought it was a great fight and I personally wasn't impressed.

I was rooting for Huggie Bear, though.
4u2nv
11/21/08 9:29:57AM

Posted by emfleek

I think Mir must've been drunk. He thought it was a great fight and I personally wasn't impressed.

I was rooting for Huggie Bear, though.

Agreed! I thought the same and was rooting for Sir Hugs Alot! lol he had heart but maybe not the mind set. I'd be really upset if Junie wins so i want him out in the semi's.
State_Champ
12/1/08 9:04:21AM
It seemed like a really good fight too me. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad Sir-Hugs-Alot didn't win.