Need the opinion of other MMA lovers

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Need the opinion of other MMA lovers
Newbs85
6/26/08 12:41:15AM
Alright... so I have been having this ongoing argument; My cousin and I, vs. my brother and room mate.

The argument is that my room mate and brother think that four of us, average guys could take on Renato "Babalu" Sobral. My cousin and I say no way. Now none of us are "experienced" fighters, lol. None of us have had any more fights then the average guy, probably less.

My brother think that him, my cousin, and two of his friends. One who is strong and the other who scraps all the time would "dominate" Sobral. None the less none of these kids weight more then 200 and have had the training or experience then Bablu.

So what do you all think, 4 on 1. Average Joes vs. Renato Sobral. Yes, no?

I say no way in hell lol.
holt8081
6/26/08 12:44:14AM
Not unless you all fight him at the same time.
voodoo-jitsu
6/26/08 12:44:42AM
i would laugh watching ur brother and the rest of them getting thier asses kicked
Pookie
6/26/08 12:45:24AM
If its all of you at a time definitely.

If its one or two of you, no way in hell.

Now if you guys are really small then all 4 you might not be able to, but if your close to him in size at all then yes all 4 of you could probably take renato babalu sobral.

Mainly because hes a wrestler bjj guy.

Now if the 4 of you fought cro-cop, cro-cop would win regardless.
Newbs85
6/26/08 12:46:08AM

Posted by holt8081

Even if we did go at him at the same time... I still don't think it'd matter. What are the knees, elbows, punches and kicks of untrained, unconditioned schmoes going to do to a professional fighter who makes a living getting beat?
Pookie
6/26/08 12:49:39AM

Posted by Newbs85

Posted by holt8081

Even if we did go at him at the same time... I still don't think it'd matter. What are the knees, elbows, punches and kicks of untrained, unconditioned schmoes going to do to a professional fighter who makes a living getting beat?

if you know how to fight smart, and very very dirty then you could do it.
holt8081
6/26/08 12:50:19AM

Posted by Newbs85

Posted by holt8081

ya but they will still hurt.
chickmagnet
6/26/08 5:49:54PM
Babalu is insane and enjoys beating people. He is legit, and was once a title challenger only two years ago. Dont mess with babalu.
Pookie
6/26/08 6:44:49PM
If it was someone like wandy(while wearing a cup), then you guys would have 0% chance even if you all teamed up
breakdown5
6/26/08 7:55:26PM

Posted by Pookie

If it was someone like wandy(while wearing a cup), then you guys would have 0% chance even if you all teamed up

Or Bas Rutten. He would liver kick everyone to death.
Aaronno9
6/26/08 8:06:08PM
Mabeys with babalu.... i mean, if theirs 4 of you at the same time, you might beable to pin him down and beat him down before hes managed to fully choke out two of you.... and the other two could just keep beating till he was unconscious or something. If it was a guy like chuck though..... well, i think you'd all be f**ked.
Ben_Hutch
6/26/08 8:33:38PM
If Babalu could get his back to a wall then he'd win. He could easily KO them with one punch.
Jackelope
6/26/08 9:06:07PM
I think Babalu could take all of you. Especially if his back was to a wall like someone mentioned. The thing is a striker would stand a much better chance than a wrestler/JJ guy just because they could back up and one punch KO most of you.

I'd love to see it, though.
Pookie
6/26/08 9:10:03PM
the question reminds me of the one posted in the padded room awhile ago.

Could you take 30 kindergarteners in a street fight?

disorderlyvision
6/26/08 10:06:03PM

Posted by Pookie

Holy Shxt Pookie!! I think this is the first time i have ever seen you without a gay avatar, did you give up on av bets or something?
Pookie
6/26/08 10:26:30PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by Pookie

Holy Shxt Pookie!! I think this is the first time i have ever seen you without a gay avatar, did you give up on av bets or something?

no lol, i just won this time