OPENING DAY! Woooooo!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » OPENING DAY! Woooooo!
Next Page »
emfleek
4/6/09 11:30:17AM
Cubs/Astros @ 7:05 EST tonight

Zambrano -vs- Oswalt

I love this time if year!!
chuckw94
4/6/09 12:01:12PM
GO CUBS!!!! i think it's their year.
gartface
4/6/09 12:11:52PM

Posted by emfleek

Cubs/Astros @ 7:05 EST tonight

Zambrano -vs- Oswalt

I love this time if year!!

Stros before Hoes baby! Let's go ROY!
DCRage
4/6/09 12:16:20PM
New season, new-look Nats...let's get it Dunn! Hoping the O's get their opener in against the Yanks but it might get rained out. Already 2 postponements today: KC-Chisox (winter weather) and Tampa-Boston (forecast of heavy rain and high winds).
Twenty20Dollars
4/6/09 12:24:57PM
Oh man, no Royals. I guess I will watch UNC dominate the Spartans.
DCRage
4/6/09 12:28:46PM
You could watch the Cards. Nats opener is at 4:10 so I should have just enough time to get home from work in time for first pitch (I usually get home around 4), switch the TV to the game and fire up Gameday Audio and listen to the rest of the day's action. Trust me, best $15 you'll probably spend on baseball all year.
emfleek
4/6/09 1:02:14PM

Posted by DCRage

fire up Gameday Audio and listen to the rest of the day's action. Trust me, best $15 you'll probably spend on baseball all year.

Agreed.

Speaking of which...time to fire it up now!
DCRage
4/6/09 1:05:17PM
I would but it won't work on my work PC, can't hear audio. It has to wait until I get home, at which point I'll spend the next 4-5 hours listening to games.
emfleek
4/6/09 1:11:37PM
Headphones, man! Headphones!
hippysmacker
4/6/09 6:56:28PM
I have a bad feeling about my Padres. If a miraculous amount of things don't go right early, I think Peavy will be traded and we will be staring over from scratch. Still, Jeff Moorad( new owner) did rebuild the Arizona farm system. So that is a small positive for me. However its opening Day. Hope springs eternal. Anything can happen, right?
Twenty20Dollars
4/6/09 11:49:15PM
haha suck it yankees
lohmann
4/7/09 12:07:27AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

haha suck it yankees

They'll come around.
cowcatcher
4/7/09 12:16:07PM
had to wait until today for the brewers but its worth it.....especially if they win the division and make cubs fans cry for yet another year
DCRage
4/7/09 12:21:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Headphones, man! Headphones!

Don't work either, this PC doesn't even have an audio thing or whatever it does. I used it on my home PC though, it's gonna take time to get used to this new media player for '09. Tried to listen to the Cubs but had problems with the WGN radio feed so I just watched the game on ESPN, but at least I got a podcast from Skipper Lou. (He does a usually-weekly podcast during the season on WGN 720 AM in Chicago)
emfleek
4/7/09 1:23:44PM

Posted by cowcatcher
if they win the division

Braden "The Missing Link" Looper is taking the Brew Crew straight to the top!

DCRage
4/7/09 1:35:14PM
The radio broadcasts will be interesting, former Cubs radio 3rd man Cory Provus "defected" to WTMJ-the Brewers flagship radio station-in the offseason. It was briefly mentioned by Kap (David Kaplan-not the UFC fighter) this past week on WGN's "Sports Central" program. Provus did score updates during games, the Cubs radio pre-game, and filled in for Pat Hughes during the 5th inning of games while Hughes got a break.
cowcatcher
4/7/09 1:48:46PM
that does hurt a little, but the cancer known as milton bradley should eventually do what he does everywhere and bring the whole cubbies locker room down. no one is sure looper can form sentences so looper shouldnt be a problem here in milwaukee.
emfleek
4/7/09 1:52:28PM

Posted by cowcatcher

that does hurt a little, but the cancer known as milton bradley should eventually do what he does everywhere and bring the whole cubbies locker room down. no one is sure looper can form sentences so looper shouldnt be a problem here in milwaukee.

The thing about Milton Bradley is that Lou won't tolerate it.

And Zambrano probably won't hesitate to pop him in the mouth, either.
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/09 2:30:52PM
I dont think Bradley will be a big problem this year.
cowcatcher
4/7/09 2:57:03PM
zambranos answer to everything is punching someone in the mouth
emfleek
4/7/09 3:44:59PM

Posted by cowcatcher

zambranos answer to everything is punching someone in the mouth

Exactly.
DCRage
4/9/09 1:16:23PM
This one will hit close to home here...

Angels Rookie P Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash
emfleek
4/9/09 1:45:04PM

Posted by DCRage

This one will hit close to home here...

Angels Rookie P Killed In Hit-And-Run Crash

That's horrible.

RIP
cmill21
4/9/09 2:40:09PM
RIP, to young. I lost my best friend in a car accident two years ago, it's a terrible feeling losing someone so young so suddenly.
cowcatcher
4/9/09 3:28:21PM
i read that earlier on yahoo, the kid just pitched last night, and VERY well. its always a little sadder for me when someone dies that has so much potential and never got to fully realize it because of someone else. RIP
cowcatcher
4/10/09 7:37:45PM
well fleeks assessment of looper was dead on as he held the cubs to a run through 5 and the brewers were able to take a thrilling win from the cubs in the 9th in our home opener. if gregg keeps looking like that marmol is going to have a new job description, he couldnt throw a curve for a strike to save his life.
its a happy day in brew city
emfleek
4/13/09 8:43:47AM

Posted by cowcatcher

well fleeks assessment of looper was dead on as he held the cubs to a run through 5 and the brewers were able to take a thrilling win from the cubs in the 9th in our home opener. if gregg keeps looking like that marmol is going to have a new job description, he couldnt throw a curve for a strike to save his life.
its a happy day in brew city

CORRECTION: It *was* a happy day...

DCRage
4/13/09 8:46:39AM
Only 156 more to go.
DCRage
4/13/09 2:34:38PM
BREAKING: We've lost another icon. Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas, one of the great legends of baseball and sports broadcasting, is dead. They just broke the news on WGN's Cubs broadcast. He collapsed and died in the broadcast booth at Nationals Park, where he was going to call the Nats-Phillies game. He was (I think) 72. Very sad and shocking, he was one of those broadcasters I enjoyed listening to on Gameday Audio since I got it last year and was looking forward to hearing more of him.
hippysmacker
4/14/09 6:29:10AM
The padres in 1rst place, with this roster ? I can't beleive it, and I am a padres fan. I will enjoy it while it last.
Pages: [1] 2