Online Petition to Reinstate Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Online Petition to Reinstate Chael Sonnen
pmoney
5/18/11 10:32:07PM
DeadHead988 created an on-line petition to get Chael Sonnen reinstated with the CSAC. I have signed. I would highly encourage anyone else on the playground to do so as well. I would also encourage props to DeadHead988 for taking the initiative and doing something to let people know that this is not right.

Petition
Aether
5/19/11 1:00:23AM
I signed it but I highly doubt that it will actually work. Worth a try.

Like I said in my comment on the petition, this should be really, really simple. Either he's undergoing a medical procedure or he is not. If he is, his punishment should be done, as the commission already suspended him for 6 months for failing to correctly notify them.

If the guy has a doctor giving him testosterone as part of a legitimate medical treatment he should not be punished any more over this nonsense. I'm pretty sick of the unwavering stigma that surrounds steroids. It's as if people genuinely don't understand that it is a legitimate form of medicine that can cure any number of problems that some people have used illegitimately.

The complete blackball status that steroids holds in the public eye needs to change.
DeadHead988
5/19/11 2:21:38AM
You're right, it is highly unlikely that the petition gains any steam but you should also consider that it's so far only been posted on mmaplayground, which is about 1/25th the size of sherdog or the ug. Once I get it going on those sites and others it will hopefully have a snowball effect. Again, this is all wishful thinking, but it's always worth a shot!
BustedKnuckle
5/19/11 8:49:44PM

Posted by Aether

I signed it but I highly doubt that it will actually work. Worth a try.

Like I said in my comment on the petition, this should be really, really simple. Either he's undergoing a medical procedure or he is not. If he is, his punishment should be done, as the commission already suspended him for 6 months for failing to correctly notify them.

If the guy has a doctor giving him testosterone as part of a legitimate medical treatment he should not be punished any more over this nonsense. I'm pretty sick of the unwavering stigma that surrounds steroids. It's as if people genuinely don't understand that it is a legitimate form of medicine that can cure any number of problems that some people have used illegitimately.

The complete blackball status that steroids holds in the public eye needs to change.

I am booing Sonnen not deadhead.....for the record.

I think it has to do more with the money laundering and constant lying surrounding Sonnen. I for one BOO this man and the petition.
Cooler
5/19/11 8:58:43PM
I cant defend a cheater. I will never sign it.

Yes steroids arent as bad as they are depicted but if everyone cant use them then no one can and I seriously doubt they will ever be legalized. Chael broke the rules and he's getting his year suspension at the least, and I really doubt he gets more than a year. So just be glad he isnt in jail for crimes like money laundering that lesser known people would go to jail for.
Aether
5/20/11 4:59:49AM

Posted by Cooler

Yes steroids arent as bad as they are depicted but if everyone cant use them then no one can and I seriously doubt they will ever be legalized. Chael broke the rules and he's getting his year suspension at the least, and I really doubt he gets more than a year. So just be glad he isnt in jail for crimes like money laundering that lesser known people would go to jail for.

His punishment for laundering money was for the courts to decide, the athletic commission should not be allowed to punish him for something he has already been punished for by a court of law.

Secondly, your opinion on steroids is exactly what I was talking about. Steroids are a form of medicine and they are entirely legal if a doctor is giving them to you. This is exactly what I was talking about, people like you who say "he cheated" the instant they hear the word "steroids". Yes, some people use them to "cheat at sports", it doesn't mean that some people don't also get legitimate medical treatments that involve taking steroids, and if this is the case with Chael it is ludicrous to punish him for it.
DeadHead988
5/20/11 6:24:25PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Cooler

His punishment for laundering money was for the courts to decide, the athletic commission should not be allowed to punish him for something he has already been punished for by a court of law.

Secondly, your opinion on steroids is exactly what I was talking about. Steroids are a form of medicine and they are entirely legal if a doctor is giving them to you. This is exactly what I was talking about, people like you who say "he cheated" the instant they hear the word "steroids". Yes, some people use them to "cheat at sports", it doesn't mean that some people don't also get legitimate medical treatments that involve taking steroids, and if this is the case with Chael it is ludicrous to punish him for it.

It's similar to Ritalin or Adderall: people with add like me need it to concentrate and stay on task or to focus during testing and schooling. Nothing wrong with that. When other people abuse these medications when they don't need them in order to score higher on tests, then it becomes cheating.
jjeans
5/20/11 6:36:15PM
Done... Not for me, or for Chael, but for all of Chaels fans, If my favourite fighter got done for any drug tests then... Oh wait... Thiago

Anyway, i signed the petition for you
BustedKnuckle
5/20/11 10:02:24PM
Thats why the NFL didn't suspend Vick for any games right!!!!???

Posted by Aether

Posted by Cooler

Cooler
5/20/11 10:21:16PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Cooler

He's using something that not everyone can use, how is that not cheating? regardless of how you feel on steroids (i made my opinion clear, idc honestly) but its still using an unfair advantage to recoop from injuries. Bo's post was most informative where he said that people who need testosterone injections probably had a history of steroid abuse because they body has a hard time making natural hormones. And I never said I agreed with the NSAC suspending him for money laundering but who cares really, if he didnt want all this trouble he shouldnt have broken the law.

And just because a doctor prescribes a drug to you doesnt make it safe. Millions are prescribed to zoloft and many of them have illnesses, pregnant mothers having deformed babies or miscarages etc. Steroids do have negative effects and it cant be ignored.
Cooler
5/20/11 10:24:13PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Aether

Posted by Cooler

It's similar to Ritalin or Adderall: people with add like me need it to concentrate and stay on task or to focus during testing and schooling. Nothing wrong with that. When other people abuse these medications when they don't need them in order to score higher on tests, then it becomes cheating.

nobody should be taking ritalin or adderall, if they need to pay attention maybe teachers should just be able to disipline kids again so they pay attention because there sure as hell wasnt ADD in 1920.... adderall and ritalin both have major downsides, like dizziness, drowsiness, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, stomach pain, trouble sleeping as well as health hazzards and illnesses.