Online MMA Betting Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Online MMA Betting Discussion
richieb19
6/20/07 1:53:26PM
I'm very curious as to where some of you guys drop your cash on for bets. What sites usually have the best odds and most fights to bet on. Which ones can you parlay on, etc...

The ones I'm currently looking at are:
www.pinnaclesports.com
www.bodog.com
www.betonfighting.com
www.betus.com
etc...
Basshandsome
6/20/07 4:02:53PM
I use a site called Bowmans.com which is run by Bet365. I usually just bet on basketball but i will drop bets on UFC. I don't think it has the best odds and it doesn't allow you to bet on alot of UFC fights. SO, for betting on MMA it is pretty bad but its good for other sports. You can parlay and do other exotic bets on it tho. The only time it is really worth putting a bet down is when you like the underdog and really believe he will win. There is no money to be made by betting on a heavy favourite and there is a high risk there. I have never used them, but i think betus.com and pinnaclesports.com holds pretty good odds for MMA fights.
Rich78
6/21/07 11:21:47AM
There aren't too many that I'm aware of in the UK. The only one I know regularly who accept bets on MMA are BETFAIR. And I never used them because I just couldn't get the hang of their odds system. i.e. -250, +100....

...UNTIL this site was revamped, and now I (probably unwisely) have the hang of it all. And there happens to be a Betfair shop opening near mine soon. Which can only be bad for me and good for the bookies. Dam this new wager system, I was richer in my ignorance
rcg916
6/21/07 12:34:15PM
Ive used BoDog... Average as far as odds, fight availability... one cool thing is that the bets are processed very quickly... Thats about it. lol
richieb19
6/21/07 1:38:24PM

Posted by rcg916

Ive used BoDog... Average as far as odds, fight availability... one cool thing is that the bets are processed very quickly... Thats about it. lol

They don't seem to allow you to parlay though?
mmadb
6/21/07 1:43:33PM
I use Pinnacle, their odds seem good to me and you can bet on most MMA stuff. UFC, Pride, IFL, Elite XC, hell I think they even have the Kimbo fight up there.

Out of all the ones I had looked into they always seemed to have to most fights. Only problem now is I don't think you can use it if you're an American. Doesn't effect me any but just thought it's worth mentioning.
richieb19
6/21/07 1:45:56PM

Posted by mmadb

I use Pinnacle, their odds seem good to me and you can bet on most MMA stuff. UFC, Pride, IFL, Elite XC, hell I think they even have the Kimbo fight up there.

Out of all the ones I had looked into they always seemed to have to most fights. Only problem now is I don't think you can use it if you're an American. Doesn't effect me any but just thought it's worth mentioning.

I'm Canadian so it isn't a problem... but I've heard rumors about pinnacle not paying off sometimes...
rcg916
6/21/07 2:06:07PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by rcg916

They don't seem to allow you to parlay though?

very rarely do they offer a parlay. The last time was the Pride 34 weekend.
richieb19
6/21/07 2:09:17PM
I signed up for pinnacle, but they need me to scan my ccard, photo ID and some form before I can make a bet... seems like a hell of hassle...
Basshandsome
6/21/07 2:18:26PM

Posted by richieb19

I signed up for pinnacle, but they need me to scan my ccard, photo ID and some form before I can make a bet... seems like a hell of hassle...

When I was going to sign up for an online betting site, my first choice was pinnacle because they have awesome odds and good props. I ran into the same problem when they wanted me to scan my ccard and everything. SO, I decided to go to another site because I didn't want to give all that info over the internet. I havn't heard anything bad about them tho.
richieb19
6/21/07 2:28:54PM

Posted by Basshandsome

Posted by richieb19

When I was going to sign up for an online betting site, my first choice was pinnacle because they have awesome odds and good props. I ran into the same problem when they wanted me to scan my ccard and everything. SO, I decided to go to another site because I didn't want to give all that info over the internet. I havn't heard anything bad about them tho.

K, so I just emailed customer service and she said they just do it for identity fraud purposes, and that I could place bets before sending it to them, but they want it withing 3 days...

Would you mind explaining the "props" to me? And also, when I go to be I have the option of "To win" and "Risk"... does "Risk" simply mean lose?
Basshandsome
6/21/07 2:44:50PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Basshandsome

Posted by richieb19

K, so I just emailed customer service and she said they just do it for identity fraud purposes, and that I could place bets before sending it to them, but they want it withing 3 days...

Would you mind explaining the "props" to me? And also, when I go to be I have the option of "To win" and "Risk"... does "Risk" simply mean lose?

Yea, like I said I have never heard anything bad about Pinnacle and think its a great site.Yea, "Risk" means the amount that you might lose and "To Win" is how much you can win. "Props" are like extra bets you can place on a sporting event. I mainly bet on Basketball so an example for that would be something like "LeBron James to Score More than 30 points" and you would be able to bet on if he will score over or under that amount. I don't know how often they hold it in MMA but I know they do them in Boxing. A prop in MMA would be like "Diaz to win by submission" then you could bet Yes(+170) or No (-220) or whatever it may be.

richieb19
6/21/07 3:01:49PM
But it seems weird, as I can chose "T win" and "Risk" on both, and they both have a slot for an amount regardless... So say I wanted to put $10 on Pulver, I would put "To Win" on him, add the amount to the right, put Penn as "Risk" and leave the amount blank?

EDIT: This is easier than explaining it:

mmadb
6/22/07 11:22:26AM
To Win means how much you want to Win on your bet.

Example, you want to win $10 on the wager, it will automatically wager the appropriate amount at those odds so that your NET profit is $10.

Risk is simply how much you want to bet on that fight. I want to bet $20 on Fighter B, you will win whatever depending on the odds.

Hope that made sense.
rcg916
6/22/07 11:28:12AM

Posted by mmadb

To Win means how much you want to Win on your bet.

Example, you want to win $10 on the wager, it will automatically wager the appropriate amount at those odds so that your NET profit is $10.

Risk is simply how much you want to bet on that fight. I want to bet $20 on Fighter B, you will win whatever depending on the odds.

Hope that made sense.

beautiful, thanks for the explanation, I was thinking the same thing.
mmadb
6/22/07 11:29:28AM
Using your $10 on Pulver example.

If you put $10 on pulver TO WIN your actual bet would be $3.33 (or something like that, my math sucks) - End result you up $10

If you RISK $10 on Pulver you will win $30.10 - End result you up $30.10