Nebraska-based firefighter Jason Brilz (15-1-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a veteran MMA fighter who's undefeated in his past 11 fights, has accepted a deal with the UFC and is expected to debut with UFC Fight Night 15, an event that takes place Sept. 17 in Omaha, Neb.
A source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the deal overnight.
No opponent has been determined.
However, Brilz, who could fight at 205 or 185 pounds, may be matched up with Thales Leites. Two tentatively scheduled opponents for Leites, Dean Lister and Goran Reljic, reportedly pulled out of the Spike TV-televised event due to injuries.
Brilz, a 33-year-old who turned pro in 2000, has been in talks with the UFC previously, but with the UFC heading to Nebraska for the first time, he finally accepted a deal, the source said.LINK