Olympics, I DO NOT give a shit.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Olympics, I DO NOT give a shit.
« Previous Page
BuffaloDave
7/29/12 3:49:26PM
I have been a huge fan of the Olympics since I was little, Winter & Summer, doesn't matter to me. I always thought it was cool that you can have the age range from a Teen all the way to basically a Senior. Least I could do is watch all these athletes perform after all their hard work and dedication to the games.
LightsOUT23
7/29/12 5:28:08PM
I cannot stand the Olympics, that's why i do not watch it. But they are athletes who dedicate their lives to what they do so i do not judge them, i just don't watch. However, i would watch the Olympics if MMA was a part of it. MMA as an Olympic sport would kick ass over boxing and Judo.
ghandikush
7/29/12 6:42:51PM

Posted by jjeans

The majority of you are from America?!!!?! You embrace national spirit like there's no tomorrow. You celebrate independence day you love the NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA. But yet you as soon as its not your state and it's a national team you don't show an interest? Your country doesn't compete in many national sports such as football, rugby, cricket or compete at the level other nations do. And yet your countries out there doing a really good job at athletics etc and cause its not happening in your state it's like you don't even care?

Am I missing something here?

All this thread is about to me is people living in there own little bubble, most likely contradicting there own lifestyle

Please tell me I'm wrong and give me an answer.

youre certainly wrong in my case at least. I do not celebrate red meat stars and stripes, I hate football and could give a shit about official titles in just about any sport.

I dislike the olympics partially because it is soooo fucking hyped and endlessly covered like american football....

As for gold medals, they seldomly mean much, its like single elimination post season football, best team doesnt necessarily win ever, just the team that has the best fortune to go with elite skill.
grappler0000
7/30/12 2:28:40AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jjeans
7/30/12 6:48:05AM

Posted by ghandikush

As for gold medals, they seldomly mean much, its like single elimination post season football, best team doesnt necessarily win ever, just the team that has the best fortune to go with elite skill.

Yeah okay, when Kazakhstan can't get a gold medal and North Korea finds itself below all G4 countries in the medal table I'll believe you.

I'm gonna stop talking on this thread now as I don't want to annoy people as I like a lot of people on this site
crushedbacon
7/30/12 10:44:54AM
I just went ahead and took the day off work to watch the Olympics and make sure my bong still works. Just watched a young American girl win a bronze in Judo... you can just see it, in her eyes, her face... how much that meant to her. Something about that gets me, I like when athletes really care. That's why I quit watching the NBA like 7 years ago.
ghandikush
7/30/12 4:52:17PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by ghandikush

Yeah okay, when Kazakhstan can't get a gold medal and North Korea finds itself below all G4 countries in the medal table I'll believe you.

I'm gonna stop talking on this thread now as I don't want to annoy people as I like a lot of people on this site

Fortune meaning luck, not money, and dont be a pansy tiptoer, express yourself, noone has to agree.
Gogoplatapus
7/31/12 6:07:33PM

Posted by crushedbacon

I just went ahead and took the day off work to watch the Olympics and make sure my bong still works. Just watched a young American girl win a bronze in Judo... you can just see it, in her eyes, her face... how much that meant to her. Something about that gets me, I like when athletes really care. That's why I quit watching the NBA like 7 years ago.

I saw that match, the only one so far, and yeah it was captivating. I see we (Canada) grabbed bronze in Judo. Wasn't supposed to happen from what I hear.

Everytime I turn on the Olympics, its fucking VOLLEYBALL. Can't watch.

But I'll admit the gymnastics are bad ass, and I'd like to see some track and field.

Still only give about a fuck and a half.
Shawn91111
7/31/12 6:11:17PM
Misty May is the only reason to actually care about volleyball
cowcatcher
7/31/12 6:15:33PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I saw one of the Brazilian teams play today(do they have more than one?) and I was a little disappointed. I figured they would be the hottest of the bunch.
prophecy033
7/31/12 6:16:43PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Shawn91111

I saw one of the Brazilian teams play today(do they have more than one?) and I was a little disappointed. I figured they would be the hottest of the bunch.

Croatia had one girl that was gorgeous
kopower
7/31/12 6:24:48PM
I actually watched some woens volleyball today as well. Brazil and Germany I believe. Can't go wrong with women in skimpy outfits. Except one of the German girls looked like she had a mustache

The mens judo was pretty cool. I've been getting into the olympics a bit more the past few days.
Shawn91111
7/31/12 6:36:20PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Shawn91111

In Volleyball? I must check her out
prophecy033
7/31/12 6:38:33PM

Posted by kopower

I actually watched some woens volleyball today as well. Brazil and Germany I believe. Can't go wrong with women in skimpy outfits. Except one of the German girls looked like she had a mustache

The mens judo was pretty cool. I've been getting into the olympics a bit more the past few days.

I didn't get to see any Judo
kopower
7/31/12 6:57:26PM
It was for the bronze medal. US guy vs Canadian. I kept thinking these guys should get into mma. They had cuts, bumps, and bruises all over them.
mrsmiley
7/31/12 7:34:09PM
For all fans even non-fans check out the book the naked olympics.
Great read.
Bubbles
7/31/12 11:55:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Shawn91111

The Russian beach vball team is smokin
Bubbles
7/31/12 11:59:16PM
I'm not overly excited about the Olympics, but I do watch some of the events live (when I'm home) and watch the highlight packs at night. Mens ice hockey is really the only Olympic sport I actually go out of my way to watch, but I do enjoy watching various sports and some of the stories that go along with it.
Boo_Radley21
8/1/12 1:40:14AM
Olympics, I DO give a shit...

about hockey in the winter. otherwise i am blissfully oblivious to the entire concept
KungFuMaster
8/1/12 6:06:52PM
I love the Olympics. I don't have premium cable which means I cannot watch swimming, gymnastic, track, figure skating, curling etc. ...whenever I want. The Olympic coverage gives me the opportunity to see the best athletes in the world. How can one not give a damn about the Olympics? The Olympics is not ALL about sports; it is about diplomacy, unity, camaraderie. etc. The founders of this great tradition were sick and tired of warfare and decided to invent this concept we call the Olympics - to simply take a break from war. How is this not worth giving a damn?
Aether
8/3/12 3:04:29AM
Well, I was indifferent, but now I'm annoyed because the shows that I want to watch are all being cancelled for the olympics.
Pages: 1 [2]