K1 Olympia Hero's Korea

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » K1 Olympia Hero's Korea
Next Page »
Rush
10/18/07 7:41:26PM
Anybody else stoked about this event or at least a fwe of the fights?

Going over the fighters' profiles, it shoudl be renamed to "The guys that have lost to Melvin Manheof"

I just noticed that my boy Carlos Newton was added to the card. I hope he can get back into the swing of things.
tuvok500
10/18/07 7:46:36PM

it is the Melvin Manheof marathon !! LOL

almost everybody have a lost against this guy !!

my strategy is simple, i am second overall in the point and i am going to pick only the favorite.

1 fight is 50/50 so maybe i will have to guess a little !! LOL

Sheddy
10/19/07 10:44:54AM
Look forward to seeing Yoon get another win.
cmill21
10/19/07 2:10:42PM
Yep, isn't kang fighting? I'm super stoked about how good their last two cards have been. Hopefully this one will be on live ppv in canada.
NatedawgThaM
10/19/07 2:42:58PM
Hopefully Khangs fight isnt a disappointment like the JZ-Shaolin fight that was suppose to be a several round war...BUt still great card
richieb19
10/19/07 3:13:14PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Hopefully Khangs fight isnt a disappointment like the JZ-Shaolin fight that was suppose to be a several round war...BUt still great card

Kang/Akiyama should be a war... but yea JZ/Shaolin was really a let down, who pulls guard from a foot away lol... and damn you Uno!!!

Their last card was better on paper, but theres a few matches on this one that should be pretty wild... like Newton / Oyama and Garcia's MMA debut.
fedorwins1
10/19/07 7:14:46PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Kang/Akiyama should be a war... but yea JZ/Shaolin was really a let down, who pulls guard from a foot away lol... and damn you Uno!!!

Their last card was better on paper, but theres a few matches on this one that should be pretty wild... like Newton / Oyama and Garcia's MMA debut.

I can't wait to see how Garcia does in his debut, hopefully his BJJ transitions to MMA well.
wolfman
10/25/07 12:27:30AM
This fight card does look promising. I am having a hard time deciding between Bernard and Poai. Bernard has the advantage standing and Poai clearly has the advantage on the ground. This fight is a toss up and whoever dictates the pace will win. I'm thinking Poai will get the fight to the ground early and try and submit Bernard either in the 1st or 2nd round. Any thoughts?
Throwdown
10/26/07 9:03:30AM
Im interested more in the Kang fight... I've heard of Kang but haven't heard of his opponent. Is Kang really that much better or is this a bout where we might see the upset out of no where?
pv3Hpv3p
10/26/07 11:30:05AM
Anyone know if it's possible to watch this in the US?
NatedawgThaM
10/26/07 1:02:30PM
I'm predicting Bernard Ackah vs. Poai Suganuma FOTN!!!!

I think they will stand up and bang and have a slug fest war!
Rush
10/26/07 1:07:36PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

The only way I can think of is by satellite, but I am not sure.
pv3Hpv3p
10/26/07 2:06:53PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

The only way I can think of is by satellite, but I am not sure.

That's what I figured, I'm surprised they don't do tape delayed replays like Pride used to or something.... Quite boggarting all the damn K-1!
fedorwins1
10/26/07 8:45:02PM

Posted by Throwdown

Im interested more in the Kang fight... I've heard of Kang but haven't heard of his opponent. Is Kang really that much better or is this a bout where we might see the upset out of no where?

Could certainly be an upset in this fight, if you want to call it an upset. Akiyama is a sick fighter who is awesome on the ground.
Scott_Revels
10/26/07 9:06:30PM
I'm looking forward to the Kang/Akiyama fight just because I have all my money riding on Akiyama. Sure i'll most likely lose, but then I can just start over with the start of a new season.

Also. Akiyama didn't lose to Manhoef so, .
Believe-in-judo81
10/27/07 2:28:36AM
Kang and Akiyama are always worth a look, amazing fighters, and it would be nice to see Dong's roll continue, the guy definately has skills beyond that of a sub 500 fighter. Garcia's first fight could also be interesting, and the whole card is solid. Should be a show.
Stickan
10/27/07 2:06:16PM
I'm interested in almost every fight on this card since I've wagered all my money on this event. In hindsight, I'd love to make a few changes now but now it's too late.

May the best better win .
Scott_Revels
10/27/07 9:38:29PM
How much longer until the event starts? I hope it's not during the middle of the night.
Believe-in-judo81
10/28/07 9:01:44AM
Hahaha, read the screename suckers! Here are the results for the prominent Judo players on the Card.

Dae Won Kim defeats Marcelinho Garcia due to a doctor stoppage (Cut above the eye from a knee) in the second round. Not a Kim fan but his striking looked much improved and after dropping his last two this a big win for him. Props to him for seriously improving his strikes and pulling out the W.

Dong Sik Yoon Defeats Fabio Silva in the first round by, you guessed it, armbar. Dominant performance by Yoon, Silva hit him with nothing early before being put on the ground and taking the rest of the fight easily in hand before locking in the sub.

Yoshihiro Akiyama defeats Denis Kang by (gasp) first round knock out! Kang and Akiyama both went to work fo the first half of the rather short bout, standing and trading punches like men possessed. Kang lands the more accurate punches and looks the better of the two in the exchange but Akiyama lands a telling shot that opens a cut on Kang's nose. The injury almost immediately begins to afect his vision, causing him to back up and begin trying to clear his eye. And then, it's all over, Akiyama catches him with a big right upper cut in the corner and it's lights out Kang! He's out and going down the corner when Akiyama hits with a short hook for good measure, which sends his mouth flying and bring in the referee to wave him off. Impressive KO and a HUGE win for Akiyama.

I don't know what else to say guys, I'm just tickled pink that my favorite sport has so well represented itself in Korea. Big props to all the fighters who competed and I wish them all good fortune in their future endeavors.
Stickan
10/28/07 9:07:54AM
Congratulations to me. I won the earnings in the 1st secondary league season.

I had 1 dollar more than the #2 total earnings on every single big underdog plus about 27k on Poai.

So about 40k times 6 on Garcia losing, 40k times 6 on Akiyama and 40k times 6 on Oyama. I didn't put anything on Min So Kim though.
Believe-in-judo81
10/28/07 9:11:52AM
Haha, I just sent you a PM on this too, and you beat it here. Oh well.
Scott_Revels
10/28/07 9:21:32AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Min Soo Kim defeats Marcelinho Garcia due to a doctor stoppage

It was Dae Won Kim not Min Soo Kim..
Believe-in-judo81
10/28/07 9:27:44AM
Brainfart there, sorry.
Stickan
10/28/07 9:47:20AM
I guess Marcelo┬┤s X-guard didn't transfer well in to MMA.
jay98107
10/28/07 3:16:56PM
Choi Young (RYO) def.Masanori Tonowoka Rd.1 TKO

Magomed Sultanakhmadov def. Eun Soo Lee Rd.1 (pounding)

Poai Suganuma def. Bernard Ackah Rd. 1 Referee stoppage (reverse armbar)

Daisuke Nakamura def. Kwon Ah-sol Rd. 3 Submission (armbar)

Min Suk Heo def. Katsuyori Shibata Rd. 2 TKO (pounding)

Shungo Oyama def. Carlos Newton Rd. 3 Submission (strikes)

Dae Won Kim def. Marcelo Garcia Rd. 2 (doctor stoppage)

Tae Hyun Lee def. Yoshihisa Yamamoto Rd. 1 TKO (pounding)

Min-soo Kim def. Ikuhisa Minowa Rd. 1 Referee stoppage (strikes)

Zelg Galesic def. Taiei Kin Rd. 1 (doctor stoppage)

Dong Sik Yoon def. Fabio Silva Rd. 1 Submission (Armbar)

Yoshihiro Akiyama def. Denis Kang Rd. 1 KO
richieb19
10/28/07 3:30:15PM
Anybody find out what happened to Newton? It seems as though he got real bloody just before he tapped and ate a bad shot in the ear or the eye.
pv3Hpv3p
10/29/07 11:30:19AM
In the play by play it sounded like he came in a little out of shape... Was taken down and just GnP'd to a stoppage... Shame... I hate to see Carlos go out like that
loller90278
10/29/07 8:35:28PM
the refereeing was horrible in this card.. the minowa stoppage was about the worst ive ever seen. also ackah never tapped out, neither did fabio silva(granted he was bound to sometime, ... that call im not against)

man im starting to fall in love with dong sik yoon.
richieb19
10/29/07 11:27:56PM

Posted by loller90278

the refereeing was horrible in this card.. the minowa stoppage was about the worst ive ever seen. also ackah never tapped out, neither did fabio silva(granted he was bound to sometime, ... that call im not against)

man im starting to fall in love with dong sik yoon.

The Minowa stoppage wasn't all that bad, you could tell he was out of it and it was just getting worse... what confused me about that fight was the yellow card on Min Soo Kim... I never saw him land a knee...

The technical submission call on the Dongbar was great reffing.
CornishMMA
10/30/07 8:38:46AM
Holy shit i cant beleive Minowa lost!!!! LOL that makes this

Lesnar > Kim > Minowa > Esch > Thompson > Yoshida > Hunt > Wandy/Cro Cop but the same applies to Sapp ir Frye at the start

Not surprised at all that Kang lost, i knew he would and have never rated him that highly, but obviously not by such a shocking KO, i did wicked with my last wagers but i had so little it was too late to get close to the big boys - Major Props to Stickan for the amazing season wagers, and too Goetz who won the picks
Pages: [1] 2