Oliveira Groin Strike

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Oliveira Groin Strike
gartface
9/16/10 1:32:21PM
Anyone have any information about why he was being rushed by the referee and not given the allotted five minute recovery period? Is there something in the Texas rules that I'm not aware of? I just figured that was a universal rule.
emfleek
9/16/10 1:40:35PM

Posted by gartface

Anyone have any information about why he was being rushed by the referee and not given the allotted five minute recovery period? Is there something in the Texas rules that I'm not aware of? I just figured that was a universal rule.

I don't think the rule states that the ref *has* to give the fighter the entire 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing or reading that at some point in the past.
FlashyG
9/16/10 1:45:12PM
I think it was for time purposes, the ref was likely under pressure from Spike Execs to get the action going because networks get fined heavily for going over their time slot.

There were quite a few decisions and at one point I think Goldie even had to promo a movie at lightspeed to get it in before commercial break 873 and 874.

gartface
9/16/10 1:47:35PM
Both are very valid points, that I didn't give thought to.
JimiMak
9/16/10 7:12:37PM
Bad reffing
Jackelope
9/16/10 7:54:51PM

Posted by FlashyG

I think it was for time purposes, the ref was likely under pressure from Spike Execs to get the action going because networks get fined heavily for going over their time slot.

There were quite a few decisions and at one point I think Goldie even had to promo a movie at lightspeed to get it in before commercial break 873 and 874.

If that's the case then the Texas Athletic commission needs to be looked at heavily. At the end of the day the focus should be the safety of the fighters in the cage. Not the $$$ Spike has to worry about.

I really doubt this is the case, but that's not just something we can brush aside if it is
xtra_chewy
9/16/10 8:36:21PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by FlashyG

If that's the case then the Texas Athletic commission needs to be looked at heavily. At the end of the day the focus should be the safety of the fighters in the cage. Not the $$$ Spike has to worry about.

I really doubt this is the case, but that's not just something we can brush aside if it is

I'm waiting for the day Rogan jumps out of his seat to go tell the ref off.