Old Man BJ

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Old Man BJ
MALICE
9/23/07 2:05:10PM
Is BJ ever going to decide what hes going to do. I think he could possibly be a dominant champion, if he hurries up. Hes not getting any younger. He needs ti fight.
grappler0000
9/23/07 2:08:26PM
He should be fighting on the November or December card...but due to Sherk's predicament, we have to wait until the end of October to see if he will be fighting Sherk for the title or someone else for the vacant title.
MALICE
9/23/07 2:13:29PM
Sherk's a pain in the arse. After beating Florian, it took nine months for him to fight, because of an injury. Now, this roids deal is delaying everything all over again. Hurry up, and lets see some fights.
SpiderSilva
9/24/07 10:54:22PM
BJ hasnt been doing to well in the winnig part these past 2 years what like 1-2 but the dude never gets flac he is one of my fav fighters hes one of the few that is gonna get better with age
Lord_Lenny
9/24/07 11:12:47PM
i think BJ is just now entering his prime, he's training seriously and without distractions, i just cant wait to watch him fight
hook_tothe_body
9/24/07 11:52:33PM
I can't wait to see Penn fight again, too. It's always fun watching him scrap it out, win or lose.

I don't like watching Sherk fight. To me he's kind of boring. I respect his cardio (especially because of how muscular he is,) his drive and determination and his record is impressive, but I don't want to watch him takedown his opponent over and over and over again.

He makes a 25 minute fight feel like an hour-and-a-half.
Hurricane_Brad
9/25/07 12:28:27PM
I don't see why the whole process has to wait on Sherk. If a fighter is going to be out of action for a while, they should declare an interim champion. They should do this for the lightweight division, and if Sherk wins his appeal then he can fight the interim champion to decide who the real champ is. If he loses the appeal, he is stripped of the belt and the interim champ becomes the "real" champ. Simple.
TNunley
9/25/07 1:51:19PM

Posted by Hurricane_Brad

I don't see why the whole process has to wait on Sherk. If a fighter is going to be out of action for a while, they should declare an interim champion. They should do this for the lightweight division, and if Sherk wins his appeal then he can fight the interim champion to decide who the real champ is. If he loses the appeal, he is stripped of the belt and the interim champ becomes the "real" champ. Simple.

Not saying I am siding with Sherk... but there actually is a possibility that he could have taken a perfectly legal supplement that raised his adnro (or whatever it was) levels. I don't think it would be fair to deny him of something if there is a possibility that there actually was something out of his control. Chances are that he is probably trying to beat the system,... but who am I to decide?
Rush
9/25/07 2:05:08PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

BJ hasnt been doing to well in the winnig part these past 2 years what like 1-2 but the dude never gets flac he is one of my fav fighters hes one of the few that is gonna get better with age

You can't give a guy too much flak for losing to the two top WW in the world.
TNunley
9/25/07 2:11:56PM

Posted by Rush

Especially when one of those losses was when he took the fight against Matt Hughes on a shortened notice. Then dominates Hughes a majority of the fight until he gassed out in the 3rd.
JimiMak
9/25/07 6:08:33PM
The whole appeal thing is jsut delaying the obvious. It's holding up the title. He has to prove that he never ingested anything. He can't do that. Even if it was an accident that doesn't matter to the sac.
Buddharox
9/25/07 6:57:38PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by Rush

Especially when one of those losses was when he took the fight against Matt Hughes on a shortened notice. Then dominates Hughes a majority of the fight until he gassed out in the 3rd.

sustained a rib injury in the 2nd*
Hurricane_Brad
9/25/07 8:49:58PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by Hurricane_Brad

Not saying I am siding with Sherk... but there actually is a possibility that he could have taken a perfectly legal supplement that raised his adnro (or whatever it was) levels. I don't think it would be fair to deny him of something if there is a possibility that there actually was something out of his control. Chances are that he is probably trying to beat the system,... but who am I to decide?

Yeah, so lets say Sherk didn't intentionally take a banned substance and wins his appeal. He remains the "real" champ and then faces the interim champion. No different from defending the belt as normal, really. How is that in any way unfair to him?
TNunley
9/26/07 9:41:26AM

Posted by Hurricane_Brad

Yeah, so lets say Sherk didn't intentionally take a banned substance and wins his appeal. He remains the "real" champ and then faces the interim champion. No different from defending the belt as normal, really. How is that in any way unfair to him?

Why though? Ok let's look at it like this....

Randy Couture took the HW belt on 8/25/07, then defended it on 3/3/07 that's a total of 176 days including the day of the fight. Randy is injured and probably won't fight until superbowl weekend which would be around 160 days between fights

Anderson Silva took the belt on 10/14/06 and defended it on 2/3/07 that's 155 days including the day of the fight. Then defended again on 7/7/07 which is 113 days including the day of the fight.

Rampage Jackson took the belt on 5/26/07 and defended it on 9/8/07 which is 106 days including the day of the fight. Rampage is injured and won't be fighting for a while either.

Sean Sherk defended the belt on 7/7/07 which is 82 days ago including today. Rampage and Couture can't fight because of an injury... Sherk can't fight because he's waiting appeal. Should we have a LHW and HW interim championship fight because Couture and Jackson are injured?
MMAFever
9/26/07 11:17:10AM
Penn is still a baby in MMA at 28... he has lots of years ahead of him.

I'd like to see him stay at 155.
SicJits
9/27/07 2:31:49AM

Posted by MMAFever

i think 155 best suits BJ
NatedawgThaM
9/27/07 2:35:59AM

Posted by SicJits

Posted by MMAFever

i think 155 best suits BJ

as well....

155 will be better for him because won't have to go against #2 pound 4 pound in the world once he wins his title back GSP....Matt Hughes will also be a problem for him and so would Fitch....

The only possible bad match ups for him would be Frank Edgar & Tyson Griffin because they are both explosive strikers and wrestlers and they will put his "improved" conditioning to the ultimate test because all of there fights are all out fast paced WARS!!......