CC "Too Old For This?"

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » CC "Too Old For This?"
DCRage
9/18/07 1:12:24PM
This is probably the best place to put this because of language...from Joe Rogan on a radio program recently: “If you watch the last UFC, this is something nobody knows, the Mirko Cro Cop fight that was on Spike last week - he got kneed in the balls, he went down and said to “Big” John McCarthy, “I’m too old for this s**t.” and Big John said “No man you’re fine, you’re fine.” and he goes, “No I should just quit right now.” He said this while he was down and Big John goes, “If you want to quit just let me know and he said no, no I don’t.” So he had 5 minutes to recover and said he was too old for this.”
I found this beyond hilarious. Too old to be getting beat like this or too old to be taking shots to where it really hurts?
loonytnt
9/18/07 1:14:59PM
well if you ask me i dont care how old you are getting hit in the balls hurts age is not a problem
EddieBowers
9/18/07 1:29:30PM
Was he talking about the knees to the balls or the broken ribs?? any way I agree getting kicked in the boys hurts, just ask my 6 year old son. His first day sparring in TKD he got a side kick in the boys. This happened a year ago and he still talks about how bad it hurt.
pv3Hpv3p
9/18/07 4:55:33PM

Posted by DCRage

This is probably the best place to put this because of language...from Joe Rogan on a radio program recently: “If you watch the last UFC, this is something nobody knows, the Mirko Cro Cop fight that was on Spike last week - he got kneed in the balls, he went down and said to “Big” John McCarthy, “I’m too old for this s**t.” and Big John said “No man you’re fine, you’re fine.” and he goes, “No I should just quit right now.” He said this while he was down and Big John goes, “If you want to quit just let me know and he said no, no I don’t.” So he had 5 minutes to recover and said he was too old for this.”
I found this beyond hilarious. Too old to be getting beat like this or too old to be taking shots to where it really hurts?

I imagine that it was said in an "Indiana-Jones-as-he's-hanging-off-an-airplane-style"... My initial thought would be that he doesn't enjoy getting socked in the junk, and doing what he does for a living probably has to put up with it alot more than most of us... Although, I see what youre saying here, it is a little disconcerning hearing that coming out of his mouth in any context
HulkRage
9/18/07 5:28:36PM
He was fine with the broken ribs, it was the 5 or so shots to the sack that he was talking about, that is why he was useless in the last two rounds.
( 5 shots to the sack would take out ANYBODY.)
DJDark41
9/18/07 6:24:49PM

Posted by HulkRage

He was fine with the broken ribs, it was the 5 or so shots to the sack that he was talking about, that is why he was useless in the last two rounds.
( 5 shots to the sack would take out ANYBODY.)

I think after 1 direct hit, especially a knee like that, anyone would be "useless." I don't think I've ever been hit more then once in one day, I could see how 5 or 6 shots in less then 15 minutes would make you unable to fight at your full ability.
Mastodon2
9/18/07 6:46:23PM
Broken ribs, several direct, hard shots to the balls from a huge Thai boxer, even just one of them and the ribs gone would have you feeling like you didnt really have it anymore too. It was indeed a massive misfortune for Cro Cop, but unfortunately these things happen
Schizoidman
9/19/07 12:35:14AM
Those shots were brutal and relentless, but not as bad as that infamous fight where Joe Son took about 10 fists to the sack. That was hilarious! And sad at the same time I guess. There was no sanctioning back then though. Anyone remember who Joe Son fought or what UFC that was? He tried so hard to gut through it too. I was impressed.
pv3Hpv3p
9/19/07 10:52:09AM

Posted by Schizoidman

Those shots were brutal and relentless, but not as bad as that infamous fight where Joe Son took about 10 fists to the sack. That was hilarious! And sad at the same time I guess. There was no sanctioning back then though. Anyone remember who Joe Son fought or what UFC that was? He tried so hard to gut through it too. I was impressed.

I think he fought Keith Hackney
loonytnt
9/19/07 6:25:59PM
i remember that fight, oh man cup or no cup that would hurt
SpiderSilva
9/19/07 6:46:48PM
about 10 yrs ago in high school football I was doing an Oaklahoma drill and I got tackled by the balls No cup dude grabed me and yanked **** it hurt sooo bad That was the last time I didnt where a cup Coach was like get up I was like he grabed my balls and pulled