how old

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » how old
jdubs
3/22/07 8:46:36PM
how old were u guys when you moved out of ur parents house, cause im 19 and ready to get the hell out
Trapt1nw0nder
3/22/07 9:59:25PM
im 21 and i still live with my parents.....they are cool though,i have my privacy,and they mind their own business,i can go out where ever i want...i can have friends over and drink..party....we live in a 20acre ranch so i would never want to leave...i would never move to the city,its so quiet here...no sounds of cars passing by with music,only the sound of nature..im a country boy!

Manfred
3/22/07 11:15:42PM
18, but I joined the military, so it's a bit different
Broknmunky
3/22/07 11:21:08PM
I was 18. Take my advice, STAY with your parents for as long as you can! Once you're out on your own, you'll find out how difficult it is to get by with bills you're not use to having much less paying! I'm 25 now with 3 kids and I wouldn't trade them for the world but I still wished I would've stayed home a little longer. No sense in diving head first before you check the depth of the waters!
mrsumo
3/23/07 4:02:04AM
was 17 when I joined the army. But if they will let you live there and go to college, do it! Oh, and don't join the army unless you are sure it's what you want.
Violentcuv
3/23/07 6:55:31AM
18... moved out of town for college and never looked back...

MethodMan
3/23/07 7:49:17AM
I left home at 16 and got a part time job, recently I put myself though Uni, I reccommend staying in education while you are young and you can enjoy the lifestyle dont be to eager to get a job and do the 9-5 thing. Independence is the important thing you can have that still living with you folks and more importantly you can lose it living away from home. Move out when you are ready and into a good set up dont lose some freedoms to gain some others.
madmarck
3/23/07 12:26:52PM
Im 18 and i just moved out for the summer. But i came back to go to University. This shit it getttin dull thouhg so im gonna bug out soon.
cowcatcher
3/23/07 12:55:16PM
i was 17 and got kicked out because i got my girlfriend pregnant, not the best decision, but i finished high school, and went to college before breaking it off with her. i don't recommend this to anyone though because it sucks being broke and being a dad so young, but im almost 31 now and it seems to have helped me grow up to be a functional human. one good point about being a young single dad is the opportunity to date your kids teachers fresh outta college and chaperoning school dances(i have 1 tonight) to pick up single moms who think youre a great guy because you didnt abandon your kid which apparently a lot of their baby daddies did.
hippysmacker
3/23/07 1:45:10PM
I was 17 and thought I was living the dream. Then I ran out of money, and had to eat top ramen and toast for 2 weeks till I got paid again. I moved back and forth a bunch of times because I needed to. Stay as long as you can till you are established in a career , and can build your credit. Save and budget your money till your ready to buy a house or you get married. You will have a lot less struggles in life if you do. This of course is all based on the fact that you have loving, caring parents. If someone is in a dangerous sitution, do what you gotta do .
loller90278
3/23/07 2:57:45PM
i plan on movin out when im financially stable. i'm 18 now and going to college (transfering to ucla next fall). so in about 4 or 5 years i'll move out.

FREE FOOD AND A FREE HOME!
(oh and i guess living with ppl you love is a plus also..)
Archangel
3/23/07 7:58:06PM
I live with my parents and I'm 28, but I've moved out a few time inbetween living with them. I've got enough money to move out but I prefer staying at home. It keeps them happy!
TonyDanza
3/24/07 1:07:02AM
bout 13 or 14 , sad but true
Svartorm
3/24/07 2:40:41AM
I'm 25 and still at home, although I'm moving out in a few months. I wanted to make sure I was financially secure before moving out, and my father is a disabled vet, so he needs a strong back around to help out. I'll still live here in the winter, but I'll have my own place in Montana by the Fall.
hathcock32
3/24/07 4:33:34AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was 17 and thought I was living the dream. Then I ran out of money, and had to eat top ramen and toast for 2 weeks till I got paid again. I moved back and forth a bunch of times because I needed to. Stay as long as you can till you are established in a career , and can build your credit. Save and budget your money till your ready to buy a house or you get married. You will have a lot less struggles in life if you do. This of course is all based on the fact that you have loving, caring parents. If someone is in a dangerous sitution, do what you gotta do .

Thats funny as hell Ramen is so true! man i moved out last August. Me and my girl moved out to San Diego. Shits crazy man, i went from having all kinds of munchies at home to eating Ramen all year. Its got its advantages but, ill be back for the summer and will be nice to live at home for a while until baseball practice starts up next August and i go back to Ramen noodles and spaghetti.
mkiv9secsupra
3/25/07 8:18:51PM
im 20 and about to buy my third house.... and i still live at home....haha.....i buy foreclosed homes for cheap as hell and rent them out... i could move out but i got a baby on the way and i need my parents to help cuz i dont know what the hell im doing.
crimethinc
3/25/07 10:39:02PM
I was 21 when I left home. I would have stayed longer except my sister had to move back home with her 3 kids and deadbeat boyfriend so I got the hell out of there. If you are in school stay at home. The stress of being a full-time student plus having to hold a full time job to pay the rent sucks. Plus, if you are planning on getting a place with a friend as a room mate it can be really tough on a friendship if the other guy isn't responsible enough to hold up his end.
DoTheMMAth
3/26/07 7:00:22PM
Initially moved out at 18, then moved back in again shortly thereafter to "protect" my little sister from an abusive step-mother, then moved out again at 22 and bought a house here in NY after my little sister moved out on campus at school. Personally I would reccomend staying home as long as you can and saving money, especially if you get along with your parents and/or they need your assistance to live (unless of course the home environment is a hostile one).
WUchi
3/27/07 2:26:01PM
people who move out before 22 will have a much harder life, albeit its easier to bring girls home, but free food, rent and parental love go a long way.
jdubs
3/27/07 10:10:08PM
shit 22 are u kiddin screw that, i plan on havin a full time job bringin in the $$ im talkin 6 digits when im 22.
warglory
3/28/07 11:30:21PM
I moved out when I was 18 for college, and haven't moved back. I enjoy my independence, but having to deal with financial woes sucks the big one. I am currently 23, and I have over $50,000 in college debt, rent, utilities, food, a little on the side for going out with the friends. It's rough, but get yourself a decent paying job and things will work out. It sucks that money is so important.
Svartorm
3/29/07 1:51:16AM
Yeah, I just found out today that our land purchase is final, so I'm going to have to save a ton of money now to make payments on it.
FedorIsTheBest
3/29/07 2:11:32AM
19! I moved out to University and lived there for two years and then after seeing how hard it was without making much money I asked my parents to move back in and I moved back in for two years and then moved out. I learned a lot over the time I moved out.
madmarck
3/29/07 8:00:18AM

Posted by jdubs

shit 22 are u kiddin screw that, i plan on havin a full time job bringin in the $$ im talkin 6 digits when im 22.

Doing what? Pimpin aint easy you know.