Okay, I need my Jon Fitch fix...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Okay, I need my Jon Fitch fix...
« Previous Page
prozacnation1978
10/29/08 8:40:08PM
i bet he fights karo on jan 31st
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/29/08 9:27:50PM
I would like karo to fight jon . However, with the chance of another panic attack days before the fight, i dont want to see another fight scrapped . Im going with jon fitch vs jake shields . Rematch of the grappling match where jake dominated.
higdon10
10/29/08 11:23:49PM
I like Fitch over Shields. But I think Jake is more likely to beat him than Karo is.
Aaronno9
10/29/08 11:50:52PM
I personally think Fitch will wreck shields. He'll just batter him in the stand up, and i think Fitches wrestling is way to good for shields to beable to get him to the mat. Even if he does, Fitch is really good at scrambling back to his feet, and his sub defence is incredible, so i think hed get straight back up.
gartface
10/30/08 12:21:19AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I would like karo to fight jon . However, with the chance of another panic attack days before the fight, i dont want to see another fight scrapped .

By that I hope you mean another sciatic nerve being pinched?
emfleek
10/30/08 9:18:16AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I would like karo to fight jon . However, with the chance of another panic attack days before the fight, i dont want to see another fight scrapped .

By that I hope you mean another sciatic nerve being pinched?

And sciatic nerves are NOTHING to mess around with. A pinched nerve causes SEVERE pain throughout your entire body.

My girlfriend just had back surgery to repair a bulging disc that was resting on her sciatic nerve. She's a tough girl and it still brought her to tears just about every day until she had the surgery. The doctor told her that he couldn't believe that she dealt with the pain for so long (nearly 3 months) before finally having the surgery.

EDIT: If you want to see exactly how big the sciatic nerve is and how much of your body it covers, CLICK HERE.
gartface
10/30/08 10:00:52AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i bet he fights karo on jan 31st

God I hope.
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/08 11:06:52AM

Posted by postman

I think Fitch should fight Karo as for Jake Shields if he comes over I don't see he getting anyone higher then Deigo. I don't think Dana will give Elite XC any respect by putting their champ in with any of his top 5 or so guys.

Jake Sheilds made a name for himself well before EliteXC's short existence, and has been widely regarded as the best welterweight outside of the UFC for years and is also a Gracie deciple (the Gracie name still carries a reasonable amount of weight in the octagon)... I don't think they'd have much of a problem putting him against top comp right off the bat...

With all that being said, I'd like to see fitch fight Karo... Personally thought this fight should have happened before Fitch's title shot, but better late than never...

For some reason I also wouldn't be surprised to see him fight Rory Markham, Gono or Chonan...

I also would be really interested in seeing a rematch with Jeff Joslin... Dont' think Fitch should have ever been able to walk away from that one with a W
cj_striker
10/30/08 12:40:30PM
Definitely agree with most people that Fitch should fight Karo next, because as I have on other posts and other people have as well, a rematch against Alves isn't good imo Fitch would beat Alves again and then what....but what if Penn beats GSP in January, then imo Alves should have to fight Fitch for the next title shot, because if it wasn't for GSP fighting in the UFC Fitch would be the WW Champ. IMO he is better than every other WW in the UFC, he beat Alves and Diego, he would beat Kos and Swick, but they'd never fight each other most likely, he'd beat Davis, Hughes, Serra, and Condit and Shields if they come to the UFC, so imo it should depend on the outcome of Penn vs. GSP.

If GSP wins then he should fight Alves for the title and Fitch should fight Karo, then make Kos and Diego fight again with the winner facing Fitch for the next shot (make Kos and Fitch fight damnit)

But if BJ wins Fitch's next opponent should be Alves with the winner getting a shot at BJ.
postman
10/30/08 1:08:07PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by postman

I think Fitch should fight Karo as for Jake Shields if he comes over I don't see he getting anyone higher then Deigo. I don't think Dana will give Elite XC any respect by putting their champ in with any of his top 5 or so guys.

Jake Sheilds made a name for himself well before EliteXC's short existence, and has been widely regarded as the best welterweight outside of the UFC for years and is also a Gracie deciple (the Gracie name still carries a reasonable amount of weight in the octagon)... I don't think they'd have much of a problem putting him against top comp right off the bat...

With all that being said, I'd like to see fitch fight Karo... Personally thought this fight should have happened before Fitch's title shot, but better late than never...

For some reason I also wouldn't be surprised to see him fight Rory Markham, Gono or Chonan...

I also would be really interested in seeing a rematch with Jeff Joslin... Dont' think Fitch should have ever been able to walk away from that one with a W

I know Sheilds Resume but alot of ppl don't. Most ppl on the outside looking in are going to remeber him from CBS and Elite XC, The UFC gave Dan a title shot to see who was tops is LW and MW but I don't think they are going to do that for Jake due to Danas Hatered for Elite XC.
pv3Hpv3p
10/30/08 2:15:04PM
Sorry I forgot to make my other point... EliteXC is dead and will be forgotten soon enough, there's no harn in treating Jake like the top ten that he is, like you metnioned he treated Hendo with respect and hatred for his former org or not I think Dana's proven himself as good at spotting talent (among other things, lol)... I don't even think that the casual fan has thought twice about Jake Sheilds... Most watched EXC primetime for the Kimbo fights, and Sheilds's dominant ground game won't make him stand out in the casual fans mind...

Either way, Shields needs to come to the big show and start fighting top comp...
jawbreaker517
11/2/08 1:00:01PM
I would like to see Fitch fight Alves next.
gartface
11/2/08 4:12:50PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

I would like to see Fitch fight Alves next.

They've already fought, and Thiago has a title shot for his next fight. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Karo and agree to a fight with a "lesser" guy and end up losing.
bls1919
11/2/08 8:38:19PM
I would have to say one of 2 rematches. With Alves or Diego. If its with Alves if for # 1 contender. With Diego it might not be as big ....but has potential. joe Silva has made us shake our heads before.
mrkennedy
11/3/08 2:24:50PM

Posted by ncordless

There is only one right answer... Karo Parisyan

Pages: 1 [2]