Okay, I need my Jon Fitch fix...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Okay, I need my Jon Fitch fix...
Next Page »
emfleek
10/29/08 2:33:11PM
...who do you think he should fight next?

The_Ho_Bag
10/29/08 2:38:08PM
Koscheck

just throwing names out there tbh
jiujitsufreak74
10/29/08 2:41:20PM
rematch diego
tuvok500
10/29/08 2:41:43PM
Rematch with Alves, if Alves win he can go for GSP, ( just to be destroy ) and if Fitch win he can be at 1 fight aways for a rematch with GSP ( with the same result ) !!

jiujitsufreak74
10/29/08 2:44:40PM

Posted by tuvok500

Rematch with Alves, if Alves win he can go for GSP, ( just to be destroy ) and if Fitch win he can be at 1 fight aways for a rematch with GSP ( with the same result ) !!

Alves deserves the shot at the title. he needs a shot ASAP, no more contender matches
tuvok500
10/29/08 2:52:58PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by tuvok500

Alves deserves the shot at the title. he needs a shot ASAP, no more contender matches

Well, his last 2 wins were against 2 guys stepping on short notice and he was 7 pds overweight at one of them so... relax with your ASAP man !!

ncordless
10/29/08 2:56:56PM
There is only one right answer... Karo Parisyan
Aaronno9
10/29/08 2:57:24PM
He should probably fight Karo. Both coming off losses to the champ or number 1 contender, makes sense to me. Winner gets pushed right back up into title contention aswell.
Aaronno9
10/29/08 2:58:04PM

Posted by ncordless

Beat me to it.
gsquat
10/29/08 2:58:27PM
After Swick beats Goulet in a meaningless fight, he should fight Fitch. Then let Diego and Kos complete their trilogy.
juanez13
10/29/08 3:00:03PM
sorry, but Alves vs Fitch rematch would be the worst possible match up for the WW division right now.

I'd like to see Fitch fight Karo right now, or maybe even Marcus Davis. Would like to see him against Koscheck or Swick, but because of the camp thing, they probably wont fight. Which is one of the things that pisses me off the most, they are professional fighters and things like that shouldnt get in the way of good fights.
emfleek
10/29/08 3:19:34PM

Posted by juanez13

sorry, but Alves vs Fitch rematch would be the worst possible match up for the WW division right now.

Agreed. If Fitch were to beat Alves again, then what? Who gets the title shot then?

Fitch? No. One win after a loss in which you were dominated by the current champ does not make you the top contender again.

Alves? No. You can't get beat by the guy who got dominated by the current champ and THEN get a title shot.

Kos? No. You can't get beat by the guy who got beat by a guy that was totally dominated by the current champ and expect a title shot.

Diego? Sorry, but back-to-back wins over Bielkheden and Fiorivanti aren't warrant a title shot.

After those guys, there's really no one else you can make an argument for.

At this point, Alves *has* to fight GSP and, like it was said before, Fitch should fight either Diego or Karo.
bojangalz
10/29/08 3:28:08PM

Posted by emfleek

Agreed. If Fitch were to beat Alves again, then what? Who gets the title shot then?

Fitch? No. One win after a loss in which you were dominated by the current champ does not make you the top contender again.

Alves? No. You can't get beat by the guy who got dominated by the current champ and THEN get a title shot.

Kos? No. You can't get beat by the guy who got beat by a guy that was totally dominated by the current champ and expect a title shot.

Diego? Sorry, but back-to-back wins over Bielkheden and Fiorivanti aren't warrant a title shot.

After those guys, there's really no one else you can make an argument for.

At this point, Alves *has* to fight GSP and, like it was said before, Fitch should fight either Diego or Karo.

100%. You took the words right out of my mouth. Props once again, but the man says there needs to be much love spread first.
emfleek
10/29/08 3:38:05PM
BTW

WAR FITCH!!!!

copcopps
10/29/08 3:49:03PM
Jake Shields if he's signed

Kos if Jake isn't signed
Gipper
10/29/08 3:52:32PM
i think fitch and karo need to fight sometime...why not now?
higdon10
10/29/08 4:15:16PM
Fitch will murder Karo
wiggum
10/29/08 4:26:40PM

Posted by ncordless

100 percent argree.....sanchez was only two fights ago, he should almost rematch koscheck actually, but thats another thread....no alves, alves deserves a tittle shot...yeah he fought two guys on somewhat short notice (hughes wasnt really) but both were in shape, and keep in mind, he took them on short notice too...matt serra i dont think is relative in the title picture anymore..... depending on legal matters, shields would be good too.....or even a borderline top 10 guy like swick or marcus davis, fights that would push him but still could be considered a feeder fight
4u2nv
10/29/08 4:58:43PM
Jake Shields and Kos should fight to test Jake and i think Fitch should fight Karo.
tberg420
10/29/08 5:01:18PM
You guys do realize that Fitch trains with Kos and Swick, so he won't be fighting them. It would make sense for it to be Karo but maybe it could be someone like Yoshida.
Twenty20Dollars
10/29/08 5:23:41PM
Marcus Davis, Karo, Yoshida, Jake Shields(if he comes to the ufc).
Ordep
10/29/08 5:23:53PM
Karo or Yoshida

Main Event for the Troops UFN
decken
10/29/08 6:04:18PM
You guys should really be talking about who is going to fight BJ Penn next since he will be the next WW champ
TimW001
10/29/08 6:35:50PM

Posted by ncordless

Agree.
nickcuc547
10/29/08 6:59:06PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by tuvok500

Well, his last 2 wins were against 2 guys stepping on short notice and he was 7 pds overweight at one of them so... relax with your ASAP man !!

he took the hughes fight on just as short a notice. truth be told consecutive wins over hironaka, lytle, karo, hughes and koscheck gives you a title shot 100 times out of 100.
postman
10/29/08 7:19:20PM
I think Fitch should fight Karo as for Jake Shields if he comes over I don't see he getting anyone higher then Deigo. I don't think Dana will give Elite XC any respect by putting their champ in with any of his top 5 or so guys.
gartface
10/29/08 7:27:22PM

Posted by ncordless

I agree. After all that talk from AKA about how Karo ducked Fitch, I think it needs to happen. Both guys are coming off losses, and need to get back to their winning ways. Only problem, is that one of them is going to have a two fight loss streak if they fight, and that would drop either down the ladder considerably.

Posted by higdon10

Fitch will murder Karo

Care to Elaborate?
nickcuc547
10/29/08 7:43:40PM

Posted by higdon10

Fitch will murder Karo

Care to Elaborate?

I will since I agree. Fitch will take Karo down at will, and Karo will have no answer to his ground and pound, Karo can't pull a sub from his back so Fitch will bloody and bruise his face for 15 straight minutes with elbows and punches. If he doesn't get a stoppage he gets a 30-27 unanimous decision. With that said this fight makes a lot of sense right now for both guys.
higdon10
10/29/08 7:46:26PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by higdon10

Fitch will murder Karo

Care to Elaborate?

I think that Fitch will be able to bully Karo for 15 minutes. I think that he would easily win a 30-27 UD. His wrestling is very strong, his hands are solid. I just don't think that Karo has much for him. But I've been wrong before once or twice
emfleek
10/29/08 8:17:45PM

Posted by higdon10

But I've been wrong before once or twice

56 times, actually...but who's keeping track?
Pages: [1] 2