Okami Targeting September Return, Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Okami Targeting September Return, Silva
DCRage
6/1/09 11:49:24AM
UFC Middleweight contender Yushin Okami, currently sidelined due to injuries, says he is hoping to return to action in September. And not surprisingly, he wants Anderson Silva, who Okami is the last fighter to beat although Okami feels he los their fight (Okami's win was by DQ).

Article
prozacnation1978
6/1/09 4:11:37PM
if he does come back i see him fighting cote, miller or sonnen when he comes back if he comes back in oct i would love to see him fight akiyama
TNPanther78
6/1/09 4:31:35PM
Hopefully he won't get hurt again!
seanfu
6/1/09 4:48:08PM
BOOOO! Maia Silva, Okami next.
lohmann
6/1/09 5:02:27PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

if he does come back i see him fighting cote, miller or sonnen when he comes back if he comes back in oct i would love to see him fight akiyama

Akiyama trains with Okami and has even said he has much to learn from Okami.

If Henderson beats Bisping and Marquardt defeats Maia, maybe it will be time for Okami to get his much deserved crack at Anderson Silva.

sclasclemski
6/1/09 6:59:36PM
I would like to see Okami v Sonnen or Cote...a win against either guy makes it pretty much a direct slap in the face not to give the guy a shot.
MMAcca
6/1/09 11:59:55PM
He won't step straight back into the Octagon with a title shot.

Cote is returning from injury too, so maybe he they should face each other. That is a fight i would like to see.