Next for Okami, Sanchez and GSP

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Next for Okami, Sanchez and GSP
JBatch
4/10/07 9:44:47PM
Okami has now solidified himself in the top 5 MW . I say a good fight would be Jason MacDonald, given Ace, Spider and Nate the Great all have bouts.

Sanchez needs to fight someone of recognition to stay in the mix at 170 I say Thiago Alves.

GSP needs a rebound fight against solid comp. maybe a bout with Jon Fitch to see if he truly belongs.

Any other opinions or disagreements with my thoughts.
Northrend
4/10/07 10:51:26PM
I wouldn't say hes in top 5 yet (Okami)
Hendo
Silva
Lindland
Kang
Filho
all above him IMO
Gladiator
4/10/07 11:42:09PM
okami should fight franklin or lutter IMO. i would like to see kendal fight jason mcDonald, seems like a good matchup and could boost either into contention(again for mcdonald). as far as im concerned, diego sanchez vs GSP is still an awesome fight and i really hope thats the way they go.
JunCTion
4/11/07 12:04:08AM

Posted by JBatch

Okami has now solidified himself in the top 5 MW . I say a good fight would be Jason MacDonald, given Ace, Spider and Nate the Great all have bouts.

Sanchez needs to fight someone of recognition to stay in the mix at 170 I say Thiago Alves.

GSP needs a rebound fight against solid comp. maybe a bout with Jon Fitch to see if he truly belongs.

didnt AA immediately get a rematch with tim?
Manfred
4/11/07 1:16:42AM
Agreed on MacDonald/Okami

But I see Kos/GSP for the next title shot after Hughes. Maybe be Diego/Fitch

AA is the only one in recent memory who got an immediate rematch. I think it was more of a statement against Tim than it was for AA.

If Hughes didn't get one, GSP surely doesn't deserve it.
ncordless
4/11/07 2:13:35AM
I'd like to see Okami v. Franklin and see where they are both at.

As far as Diego and Kos, I don't see either getting a title shot anytime before going thru either hughes or gsp first. Say what you want about strategy or whatever, that was an amatuerish fight. That being said... GSP needs an opponent while Hughes takes a crack at Serra. I think Joe Silva should take a hard look at Fitch v. GSP. If not then Kos v GSP has to be the match. Diego v Swick at 170 would be an interesting fight imo if swick decides to drop.
Mastodon2
4/11/07 4:14:18AM
I think if Okami improved his cardio a little bit he could cause problems for Franklin, and give him a good run for his money, maybe even grind him down and beat him.

I believe he has beaten Anderson Silva before, maybe he could do it again become MW champ, its not unforseeable
Northrend
4/11/07 5:42:01AM

Posted by Mastodon2

I think if Okami improved his cardio a little bit he could cause problems for Franklin, and give him a good run for his money, maybe even grind him down and beat him.

I believe he has beaten Anderson Silva before, maybe he could do it again become MW champ, its not unforseeable

He beat him By DQ. Anderson landed some shots, Okami got the TD and Silva if I recall actully had a triangle on..gave it up and upkicked him from the ground and really hurt Okami and was DQ'ed. Can't really call that a win.
methodman_90
4/11/07 11:00:04AM
Okami vs. Silva would be a very marketable fight if Silva gets past Okami seeing as Silva lost by DQ to him.
JBatch
4/11/07 11:11:28PM
Sorry I meant to put top 5 MW in the UFC.

As for some of the other comments I do not think GSP deserves an immediate rematch I think Hughes should get a shot at geting his title back and on the same card have GSP figth I geuss Kos or Fitch.

I think Kos vs. GSP could have fight of the year potential.
nate22
4/11/07 11:16:01PM
Diego vs Fitch for me.
Koscheck vs GSP
Hughes vs Serra for the belt.

Swick vs loser Kampman/Franklin
Okami vs Nate for no.1 contender
Silva vs winner Franklin/Kampman.

JunCTion
4/11/07 11:39:09PM

Posted by ncordless

Diego v Swick at 170 would be an interesting fight imo if swick decides to drop.

interesting!, that would be awsome.
jaba
4/12/07 12:31:10AM

Posted by JBatch

Wow i see the trolls have migrated all the way from sherdog too the forums of MMAplayground. Okami top 5, uve gotta be shittin me, for beating Swick a TUFer thats not even worth top 20.
GhettoRedneck
4/12/07 12:59:12AM

Posted by Gladiator

okami should fight franklin or lutter IMO. i would like to see kendal fight jason mcDonald, seems like a good matchup and could boost either into contention(again for mcdonald). as far as im concerned, diego sanchez vs GSP is still an awesome fight and i really hope thats the way they go.

I agree 101%
johny_rotten
4/12/07 1:26:02AM

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

Wow i see the trolls have migrated all the way from sherdog too the forums of MMAplayground. Okami top 5, uve gotta be shittin me, for beating Swick a TUFer thats not even worth top 20.

Maybe you should spend some time on sherdog, and look at his record. 20-3 and 4 wins in row in the UFC. The only other MW who has done that in the UFC,Nate M, is getting a title shot in his next match. Top 5 in the world probably not, but definitely in the UFC.

I think Kos/GSP is an ideal match up. It should bring Kos down to earth, but if some how he wins then there is no question that he deserves the title shot.
nate22
4/12/07 1:31:55AM

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

Before you go running your mouth about 'trolls' , it seems like you know very little about Okami and his credentials. Beating swick makes him a contender for top 5, whether he makes top five is subjective opinion. Either way Okami has done more than enough to be considered top 5 material, four straight wins in UFC, a decison loss to Shields the only fight breaking up a 14 fight win streak.

Replying and reacting the way you have to this guys post makes you and you only look like a fool. If I see you responding like an idiot in future you will probably get banned, you epitomise the behaviour we are trying to avoid here, in addition to being clueless with what you're on about.

JunCTion
4/13/07 12:22:18AM

Posted by nate22

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

Before you go running your mouth about 'trolls' , it seems like you know very little about Okami and his credentials. Beating swick makes him a contender for top 5, whether he makes top five is subjective opinion. Either way Okami has done more than enough to be considered top 5 material, four straight wins in UFC, a decison loss to Shields the only fight breaking up a 14 fight win streak.

Replying and reacting the way you have to this guys post makes you and you only look like a fool. If I see you responding like an idiot in future you will probably get banned, you epitomise the behaviour we are trying to avoid here, in addition to being clueless with what you're on about.

i dont know much about sherdog other than it seems to be mors of a site on bashing people and their mma IQ and less on MMA. my Psych annalosis tells me that the sherdogers that come here ripping on playgrounders must have gotten picked on a lot over there, couldnt handle it, and left.
jaba
4/13/07 12:57:51AM

Posted by nate22

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

U got some ****** up logic, u credit Okami for a loss. Oh and about okamis credentials, he has no wins over any Top fighters only loses. You consider a win over Swick putting him in the top 5, wow uve been watchin too much TUF. Hes maybe top 5 in the UFC just cuz other than Silva, Franklin and Marquardt the talent pool runs a little dry but outside of the UFC i wudn even put em in the top 20. Buddy your the one who looks like a fool, no a fukn idiot if u believe that four straight wins in the UFC too B class fighters at best, and a 14 fight winning streak too mostly cans makes okami top 5. O and by the way Okami has never had a fourteen fight winning streak dipshit.
JunCTion
4/13/07 1:24:35AM

Posted by jaba

Posted by nate22

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

U got some ****** up logic, u credit Okami for a loss. Oh and about okamis credentials, he has no wins over any Top fighters only loses. You consider a win over Swick putting him in the top 5, wow uve been watchin too much TUF. Hes maybe top 5 in the UFC just cuz other than Silva, Franklin and Marquardt the talent pool runs a little dry but outside of the UFC i wudn even put em in the top 20. Buddy your the one who looks like a fool, no a fukn idiot if u believe that four straight wins in the UFC too B class fighters at best, and a 14 fight winning streak too mostly cans makes okami top 5. O and by the way Okami has never had a fourteen fight winning streak dipshit.

first of all. jaba, have you read the playground rules. you need to take your attitude to the locker room and your mouth to the padded room. your acting like a defensive child who isnt getting their way.

second. this is for everybody. i wouldnt miss you or your attitude if i didnt see another post from you again )either by your choice or the MODs choice.

third. if you need to wine and cus at me cause you dont like what i just said, well then, i guess id expect that.
JBatch
4/13/07 1:50:45AM
Jaba you need to relax, go spar or something man, there is a little too much hate in you. I meant to say Okami is a top 5 MW in the UFC and overall between Pride and the UFC (the promotions I follow) I would say he is around 8-10.
johny_rotten
4/13/07 2:58:23AM
Name 5 guys at MW that would be ahead of Okami in the UFC. If Ivan Salavery is back then there would be 4. Silva, Nate, Rich, would be the other 3. 4-0 in the UFC is impressive no matter who he defeated.
nate22
4/13/07 7:55:02AM

Posted by jaba

Posted by nate22

Posted by jaba

Posted by JBatch

See now it comes to a point where you reveal yourself to be so damn stupid that there's no point in bothering conversing with you whatsoever.

1) That's what I said he's a contender for top five materail after beating Swick, and no I didn't even watch TUF thank you very much.

2) The talent pool runs dry outside the UFC? Idiot.

3) I said his loss to Jake Shields broke up what other wise would of been 14 wins.

nate22
4/13/07 8:01:19AM
Okamis four fights in UFC, four wins,

Belcher - Ends his 7 fight win streak.
Starnes - Ends his 7 fight win streak (this including a win over Mac Donald)
Singer - Ends 3 match win streak (2 of those being in the UFC)
Swick - Ends a five match win streak all being fights in the UFC against credible opposition.

THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/13/07 1:47:25PM
Okami is defintely a top 5 MW his GnP is damn good he will be MW Champ this year!

My Top 5 MW
1.Hendo
2.Paulo Filho
3.Anderson Silva
4.Matt Lindland
5.Yushin Okami