Okami vs Lombard Added to March 3 Japan Show

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Okami vs Lombard Added to March 3 Japan Show
Bubbles
1/8/13 1:05:30AM
Japanese middleweight contender Yushin “Thunder” Okami has been added to the Ultimate Fighting Championship® card scheduled for Mar. 3 at the Saitama Super Arena. The UFC® announced that the 31-year-old, from Japan’s renowned Wajutsu Keishukai Gym, will meet former Olympic judo competitor Hector “Lightning” Lombard in middleweight (185 lbs.) action when the organization returns to Japan.

Also announced on the main card will be an intense featherweight bout between Rani Yahya and Mizuto Hirota. Hirota (14-5-1), who has never been knocked out in his career, is a veteran of the Sengoku and DEEP organizations in Asia. Prior to his North America debut in STRIKEFORCE last July, he was 4-1 in his past five fights. Brazilian Yahya (17-7) has won all but two of his fights by way of submission and holds notable wins over Mark Hominick and Eddie Wineland.

link
jay98107
1/8/13 3:06:54AM
Awesome! I imagine if Lombard wins this he will be right up there in the title picture. It'd be hard for the UFC to sell an Okami rematch though, if Okami pulls off the win. With Weidman and the Belfort/Bisping match coming up, this title picture could get mighty cluttered.
quezocrema0032
1/8/13 5:36:49AM
Hands down best fuel card ever. Look at that poster plus Siyar vs stun gun which wasn't even displayed there
State_Champ
1/8/13 8:14:16AM
Lombard vs Okami?

Is this going to be an awesome fight or a horrible one?

Maybe we'll finally get to see Lombard held down?

I think I like this fight
airkerma
1/8/13 8:40:46AM

Posted by jay98107

Awesome! I imagine if Lombard wins this he will be right up there in the title picture. It'd be hard for the UFC to sell an Okami rematch though, if Okami pulls off the win. With Weidman and the Belfort/Bisping match coming up, this title picture could get mighty cluttered.

Okami can hang around, like what they're having Mendes do. Just keep fighting and your time will come, regardless of being everyone's #2 FW. As for this fight, I think it's fantastic. I'm thinking Lombard can keep it standing with his judo, if it's as good as it's been touted, and if he does I can see a rd 2 tko punches. If it hits the ground though I think he will be smothered.
shaneTpain
1/8/13 11:43:13AM
i really like this fight! Okamis gonna have his hands full this time
Budgellism
1/8/13 1:11:01PM
Great fight

Initially I'm not too sure how I'll pick this.
mattjonesy
1/8/13 2:07:34PM
Please let Lombard knock him out! not a fan of either but Okami really bores me...
prozacnation1978
1/8/13 2:21:42PM
A stellar card. My guess is ticket sales may not be where Ufc wants so they added Okami name to the card to drive sales. It's a big fight. Shit the fuel card would beat out most 2012 ppv and puts 157 to shame.
I don't know why the Ufc won't put super cards for every ppv.

Let's be honest with 156 in Feb and fuel tv events in Feb and march. Ufc 157 probably will have low ppv numbers just cause the fuel cards are good fights the avg fan will be holding out for 158