Does Okami deserve a shot at Silva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does Okami deserve a shot at Silva?
jimmypockets
4/30/08 1:14:28AM
I think Okami is overdue for a rematch with Anderson Silva. Okami has marched through everyone but Franklin. Okami's gives anyone he fights a problem and I believe he has a better shot than Franklin at beating Silva. I personally am not sure if anyone currently in the weight class can hang with Silva but Okami deserves a shot before Franklin, Marquardt, Hendo, or anyone else in the division.
Mattchupichu
4/30/08 1:26:14AM
I guess he deserves a shot now that he has demonstrated he can finish fights. But, i don;t see how he can beat Silva. I'd still pay $ to see Silva beat him up though. I want Ryo Chonan to move up to middleweight so Anderson can avenge he last REAL loss.
throwmeahotone
4/30/08 1:34:53AM
Anderson has no challengers that pose a threat as of now but he has to fight so i say feed him okami
EON
4/30/08 1:35:19AM
Yeah, I want Anderson to get revenge for the B/S that happened the 1st time around. Who can say they'd rather see him fight Roy Jones than KO Okami? Exactly its a stupid idea and I'm glad Dana said No
jimmypockets
4/30/08 1:39:45AM

Posted by throwmeahotone

Anderson has no challengers that pose a threat as of now but he has to fight so i say feed him okami

Unfortunately you must not be a fighter or you would realize that anyone in the cage poses a threat. I sincerely hope Silva goes in to that match as overconfident as you are cause that will ultimately be his downfall. "No challengers that pose a threat" ha ha ha that's what they thought about Liddell and GSP and look what happened.
coldchillin
4/30/08 1:41:44AM
Okami is clearly the number 1 challenger for the title.
GSPCanada
4/30/08 2:21:42AM

Posted by jimmypockets

Posted by throwmeahotone

Unfortunately you must not be a fighter or you would realize that anyone in the cage poses a threat. I sincerely hope Silva goes in to that match as overconfident as you are cause that will ultimately be his downfall. "No challengers that pose a threat" ha ha ha that's what they thought about Liddell and GSP and look what happened.

I agre that any fighter poses a threat but I also believe that Anderson Silva is a great athlete and too much of a professional to come into a fight overconfident. Although I clearly don't work side by siude with anderson silva the guys committment gives me the indication that he wont lose soon because he takes every fight so seriously

and yes Okami is next in line, My personal belief is that Rick Franklin is either #2 or #3 mw next to henderson and outside of henderson he can beat anyome else in the division except for Silva because he is a striker but silva is just a better striker
Jackelope
4/30/08 2:31:10AM
I don't think he deserves it more than Hendo or Franklin if you are to take away the fact that they've already fought him. With them having fought Silva already (and losing) I do agree that Okami deserves his shot next.
Mchubb316
4/30/08 2:45:59AM
Silva has beat both fighters that were supposed to challenge his belt. He basically walked through Franklin twice. Hendo was up 1 round in my opinion before he was submitted late in round 2. With that being said I think Okami is the only guy right now who has worked his way for a title shot. He deserves it, and we'll see if he fares any better than Silva's other opponents.
ocho-cinco
4/30/08 2:57:50AM
Okami is next in a short list of contenders, plus Silva get a chance to remove a blemish from his record. Plus it would buy a little time for GSP, or rampage to clear out there division.
I think Okami has as good a chance as anyone in the division, even if it isn't much of one. He is about as strong physicly as you can be at 185, and could pose some problems for Silva on the ground. It's much harder to submit a powerful fighter, so Okami might be able to control silva on the ground with less risk of getting sub'd then most. I would obviously pick Silva to win this fight, but Okami is no joke.
loller90278
4/30/08 3:29:58AM
i believe he'll be next.. they can hype up the whole DQ thing and how okami won.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/30/08 4:01:10AM
Oh yes, its a perfect situation...both fights want it, and it has history.
NewGuy
4/30/08 7:50:08AM
Okami should get a shot at Anderson before Franklin or Marquardt. Okami looked good fighing a rusty Evan Tanner. The big knee was impressive. In the end though I don't thnk he will be able to overcome The Spider. Silva is just at the very peak of the sport.
stock
4/30/08 9:24:03AM

Posted by coldchillin

Okami is clearly the number 1 challenger for the title.

I didn't know this was even debateable.
ToeZup
4/30/08 9:56:59AM
No doubt Okami deserves a shot at Silva again. Especially with all the contraversy following their last fight. The timing is right, the situation is right, the fans want it, the fighters want it. Lets get it on come on.